The Pyrex SS hybrid Wick

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclotron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2012
Hampton Roads, VA, US
Watched the video. I am impressed with how quickly it actually comes up to temp. With hitting it at 15watts I'm sure that is making it heat up pretty quickly. What I am thinking is that it needs the high wattage for the first second then to drop to some lower wattage.
My reasoning is that it appears to go to supper heating the juice about a second after it starts a good vapor roll.

Thank you for the video!

cyclotron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2012
Hampton Roads, VA, US
Yeah I would stick with Pyrex, better thermal tolerance.
No problem, sharing is what I do :)
Dan

The glass tube I linked to is considered the same as Pyrex. From my research "borosilicate glass that meets the requirement of Type 1 Class A glass from ASTM E438" is pyrex or the same thing. These tubes are like 8 bucks a piece. But with no need to replace them I think the thin wall of these tubes might be worth a shot. I'll have to order and find out.

EDIT: Just saw your post above. I guess I was a day late and dollar short. :)

Last edited:

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
The glass tube I linked to is considered the same as Pyrex. From my research "borosilicate glass that meets the requirement of Type 1 Class A glass from ASTM E438" is pyrex or the same thing. These tubes are like 8 bucks a piece. But with no need to replace them I think the thin wall of these tubes might be worth a shot. I'll have to order and find out.

EDIT: Just saw your post above. I guess I was a day late and dollar short. :)

LOL no problem, did not see the first time it was Borosilicate Glass Tubing.
Dan

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Ok I just cut the 30mm tube in half, so I now have 1 15mm piece of pyrex that stops before entering the tank area. Seems to be working quite effectivly this way.

IMG_0494.jpg

Dan

cyclotron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2012
Hampton Roads, VA, US
Glass seems to be the best bet. I've completed my experiments with PTFE and that just does not hold up. There are other concerns with possible gassing of that material too. Glass would be completely inert and combined with SS wick there just doesn't seem like there would be anything in the vapor but the juice.

wesweswes

Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
london
what are the benefits?

increased ss wick life.
less clogging.
no more hotspots.

if there was a way to get liquid inside the glass tube without the use of any wick, some sort of pressure from sucking or gravity based i imagine it would be the cleanest tasting atty out there...

i remember reading that ceramic wicks degraded very fast, perhaps this method might even up the temperature spread and give them a fighting chance???

would this work with 3.7 volt mechanical mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread