Status
Not open for further replies.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Similar in concept to a mord-sith red leather outfit?
img-thing
In the books they was a deep blood red. On the TV series its more of a brown than a blood red. Total disappointment, kinda like the books were lol

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Well done, chopdoc! Hope you enjoyed your special day. It's the first of many wonderful milestones on this journey. :)

View attachment 475820

Hi modwompers. I actually got special permission to post in here, and while waiting for that, I had plenty of time to put on my anti-tomato suit. :)

It's red. Just in case. ;)

Thanks Katdarling, and you can hang out in the womper room anytime :D

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
In the books they was a deep blood red. On the TV series its more of a brown than a blood red. Total disappointment, kinda like the books were lol
I liked the books, they weren't completely predictable. Faith of the Fallen was a good exploration of the practical effects of communism.

The tv series was pretty bad...

Reactions: TrollDragon

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
I liked the books, they weren't completely predictable. Faith of the Fallen was a good exploration of the practical effects of communism.

The tv series was pretty bad...
Goodkind started out good but by the 5th or 6th book he was rambling repeating the same old drival over and over again.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Hi modwompers. I actually got special permission to post in here, and while waiting for that, I had plenty of time to put on my anti-tomato suit. :)

It's red. Just in case. ;)

Remember Kat, there's a whole spectrum :) "All are welcome at the Table" ;)

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
OMG we have readers here!!

IRL, I have one friend (my best friend) and one co-worker who reads books. Everyone else looks at me like I'm an alien when I mention a book I'm reading.

I tend towards horror and suspense (King and Koontz mostly) but lately I've been getting more into fantasy (just finished all 12 books of the Nightside series, now working on the Magician series.) There's also the occasional non-fiction, drama, or whatever catches my eye. :) Is this series you're talking about worth checking out?

How refreshing to find one more reason to hope for the future of mankind. LOL.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
The first few books in the series are outstanding. Pck up Terry Goodkind's Wizards First Rule and give it a try.
I googled Wizards First Rule and found a page of quotes from it.. the first one really got my attention, and I will pick up this book! LOL

“People are stupid. They will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.” -- Terry Goodkind, Wizard's First Rule

motordude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
VA, USA

IRL, I have one friend (my best friend) and one co-worker who reads books. Everyone else looks at me like I'm an alien when I mention a book I'm reading.

I tend towards horror and suspense (King and Koontz mostly) but lately I've been getting more into fantasy (just finished all 12 books of the Nightside series, now working on the Magician series.) There's also the occasional non-fiction, drama, or whatever catches my eye. :) Is this series you're talking about worth checking out?

Preston and Childs is a great read also!
I'm on a post-apocalyptic run now. I read all the time. I only watch sports on tv.
It's nothing to go through 8 novel's a month. Thank goodness for the library!

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

Indeed we do have readers and I am getting behind... I just love King and I need to get caught up with Revival and Finders Keepers. I don't know about the Joyland Illustrated Edititon though, Joyland was great but I'll have to look when it comes out.

I have a couple of Odd Thomas books to catch up on as well, It will be good to see that series finally come to a close. The last I enjoyed of his other stuff was 77 Shadow St and Wilderness, he need revive the temporal Nazi's for a bit from Lightning. :D

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
To my taste Rayon has a soybean taste to it for the first 4 or 5 draws on a fresh wick and then becomes flavorless. I can not tell any diferance on taste between it and cotton after the initial flavor of a new wick. What I do like about Rayon over cotton is I can run my temps higher without getting a burnt taste. No matter how you temp control, if you go too far above the wick burn point your going to get a burnt taste when it runs out of juice. With Rayon I can go to 500 F and not get a burnt hit if I pay attention to my vaping. When it start to produce less vapor and its getting cooler, time for juice. With cotton 420 F seems the magic number to me.

I'm not exactly sure how to describe what I taste... a "chemical" taste is the best I can do. It's sorta like... 1% of the nasty taste I got from a rayon dry hit -- just a tinge of it. And it's horrible, and takes a WHILE to get it out of my nose and mouth. No thanks! :)

Andria

Reactions: TrollDragon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread