Not open for further replies.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
@Rixsta

Another fine review my friend. Glad to hear that your getting back to snuff. I've had 3 concussions so I know from where your coming. But then again I don't really remember krud! :confused:
An rba section or 2 will definitely be placed on order. I really like my iSub's but didn't like the restricted airflow. If these open them up I'm all in!

Update Boreas:
Haven't had any luck yet getting the Boreas to stop seeping juice from the airflow. This limits me to home use only since I can't be bothered to put this in my pocket while out or carrying something to constantly wipe it. Too bad because I really like this thing!! I'm not giving up yet so maybe there is still hope!

My Boreas is back in a drawer not being used.. Until I can try to work on it to fix the seeping, I dont like the idea of e-liquid on my mods at all! Even one drop bothers me lol
Im sure I sound crazy saying that but its just how I am! Yes, I am very much OCD! :oops::w00t::lol:

Aromamizer Supreme, still use my everyday and you can take it out with you, love mine !

Rixy, I'm so glad you're feeling better, and thank you for the run-down on that RBA. I don't know if you managed to get caught up on this thread, but a few pages back, I said I'd managed to re-coil one of the stock ones. Rich had to get the dang thing apart for me (that was completely beyond the ability of my hands to accomplish), but once it was apart, it was easy to put a new coil in it. Getting the two pieces back together was a bit of a SNAFU at first, but pliers, a Kleenex, and a butter knife saved the day. ;) Rich gave me a small c-clamp, the kind you squeeze to tighten, so future ones I can press fit back together smoothly and evenly. I just wish there was an easier way to get them apart in the first place.

But this RBA just looks SO easy. If I can get Rich to disassemble a few more of my stash of stock coil heads, I'll re-do those, but I'm putting a few of these RBAs on my wishlist, for sure. :) I can totally handle unscrewing them to get them apart! LOL!
Yeah I saw it but I all I can remember is fuzzy underpants. I will get back onto this strawberry juice soon btw, ya know, Mr Bump an all ;)
Isub RBA is great Lannie, you will get on fine with it ..

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
Yeah I saw it but I all I can remember is fuzzy underpants.

Yeah, that WAS pretty funny, wasn't it? Poor Rich, he has a new nickname... :lol:

I will be anxiously awaiting the results of your new strawberry concoction, when you get around to it. I have those additional flavors on my "to be ordered" list.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I'm the same way, though. That's one of the reason I love these iSub tanks - they do not leak EVER. Except if you don't screw the bottom piece on all the way, which happened to me the other day when I switched out a coil. I felt *something* on my hand, and when I looked, there was a tiny dribble of juice coming out of the airflow and had run across the top of the mod and onto my hand. You would have thought there was a SNAKE on it the way I reacted! ROFLMAO! I was VERY disturbed about it, until I noticed that little hairline crack between the two pieces and slapped myself in the forehead... :facepalm: Duh. I tightened it the rest of the way, and it never leaked a drop after that.
Glad im not Alone here!! :D:wub:
Aromamizer Supreme, still use my everyday and you can take it out with you, love mine !

Yeah I saw it but I all I can remember is fuzzy underpants. I will get back onto this strawberry juice soon btw, ya know, Mr Bump an all ;)
Isub RBA is great Lannie, you will get on fine with it ..
After reading your side by side review and all the other random posts about the 2, Iv been wanting to order one. Just gotta wait, I had other stuff that needed ordering first lol
Maybe a couple paychecks away ill be able to grab one! :thumb:

Edit* Glad your feeling better! Meant to put that in my first reply to you! :D

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Isub RBA !

My main gripe with the Isub range, yes all of them, in fact after trying my friends, I would say the Isub V has slightly less airflow than the S but the S has slightly more than the G o_O I'm confused already, lets regroup here..

The Isub coils are great for flavor, we all know that but for my style of vaping there just isn't enough airflow and that's a shame, Emma was right about vaping those BV Claptons at 60w with that airflow, it will dry hit so you have to turn the wattage down which is kinda pointless, I was hoping that the verticals would give more airflow but they don't.

So onto the RBA......

2rhnurc.jpg
nn7jg1.jpg

I like the little tool that comes with it to wrap your coil around and it also fits in the slots of the coil housing, you get a few pre made coils, some cotton, O rings, magnetic screwdriver, screws and the spit back guard.

I used a 26g with 32g gauge wrapped around it (Clapton) and it just fits through the little hole, any bigger than this and it won't fit.

I made a 6 wrap Clapton using the tool provided. I deserve an award just for making this coil work lol

308h6au.jpg
28ldova.jpg

You can see how useful that little tool is and here are the wires through the bottom, now you just need to put the screws in, tighten and break off the wire. You can pull the bottom of the wire using some grips to straighten them out while the tool is through the coil, again, it's most useful.

begeo6.jpg
s3gfau.jpg

We have lift off, look how close this was !. I had to pinch the coil with tweezers then fire it up to compress the coil or it would short, way to close really and I would never do a 6 wrap again, I should of done a 5 wrap for more room and that 6 wrap comes out at 0.9ohm... A normal standard coil would be so much easier and it really is very easy to built on.

vf8k5u.jpg
dg59ag.jpg

Lets wick her up

20iwbib.jpg

Don't cut the cotton directly flush, you need a little each side, 3mm ish...so you can push the cotton into the holes a little, if you don't do this, it will flood ! Prime, add the bottom O ring and screw on the guard.

rbz3aw.jpg

Job done :)

2m6lcpi.jpg

Now the main benefit and why I would recommend this to everyone is the airflow and flavor, the airflow has doubled, it is fantastic and took me by surprise as I thought the horizontal coil would make it even worse but looking at the bottom of the RBA, its wide open and it really does make a big difference. The flavor is also great, better than the pre made Clapton. I will not be using any pre made coils in this tank ever again.
Anyone who has problems with there hands, I'd say, go for it, it's really easy to do, especially with say a standard 24g wire, it's much better to work on than the Aspire RBA for example.....Oh just buy one, it transforms the Isub tanks :thumb:
I will do a 5 wrap Clapton tomorrow, maybe even a 4 wrap, I know one of those will be the perfect coil for this ;) but it's safe to say, I'm now using my Isub again.
I will say one thing, I now understand how great my Boreas and Supreme is to build on though, you need a little more care and attention with these, velocity style decks are such a great design :w00t:
Last note, it took 40 minutes to empty the tank from full, I have turned it into a thirsty sucker. Now I'm off to buy the Isub S as top fill is def needed now !

Off to stain the decking, I know, I know, I should be resting, I have added heavy duty springs to those shed doors now though, they ain't blowing open like that again.

Excellent review Rixsta. Shame the Supertanks didn't have an RBA deck like this.

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    Have to represent the REO,
    Yeah, gotta love REO, took my wife to see them in concert the beginning of January and they still rock.:D Oh, wrong REO, nevermind...:facepalm:
    OK, so I see @Rixsta posting about the stuff he buys and keep a little list of things to add to my wishlist based on his comments. But for a change I'm gonna have something new before (maybe) he does. Pre ordered the Merlin this morning.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 30, 2014
    Independence, Louisiana, United States
    My Boreas is back in a drawer not being used.. Until I can try to work on it to fix the seeping, I dont like the idea of E-Liquid on my mods at all! Even one drop bothers me lol
    Im sure I sound crazy saying that but its just how I am! Yes, I am very much OCD! :oops::w00t::lol:

I will get a little leakage from my 2 Boreas. If I lay one down, it will leak a bit and if I forget to close the juice control when top filling, it will really leak. I get some juice condensation out the air holes but that is kinda to be expected. The flavor is so rich and full that it is going to have a little condensation. Still it is the best flavor tanks I have and I not going to stop using them for a little condensation.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 5, 2013
    Sacramento, California
    Yeah, gotta love REO, took my wife to see them in concert the beginning of January and they still rock.:D Oh, wrong REO, nevermind...:facepalm:
    OK, so I see @Rixsta posting about the stuff he buys and keep a little list of things to add to my wishlist based on his comments. But for a change I'm gonna have something new before (maybe) he does. Pre ordered the Merlin this morning.
    I'm not afraid to represent the speedwagon either!

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    Central Texas
    I've been in hospital, we had some high winds and the shed door blew open and hit me on the forehead, knocked me clean out and cut my head open. Woke up in hospital with a banging head and 11 stitches, not a very good bank holiday.
    Good Lord Rixy, I'm still catching up on these posts. I hope you are better. :(

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    Central Texas
    Oh, you GUYS! I did it! OMG! I did it! :shock: I just re-coiled a STOCK iSub coil. I made my own coil and everything, and it's PERFECT (the coil, I mean). I got the dang head back together, except I can't close the last tiny gap between the two pieces. It's just an RCH apart, but it needs to be tight, and I don't know if I should resort to vise grips or not. I don't want to munch the thing, but it's just that last little bit. I've been pressing it as hard as I can on a flat surface with my Leatherman, but it's a no-go. I put it on my coil reader and it comes out to .57 ohms, so a little higher than the stock .5 ohm, but I think it will be perfectly acceptable. I wish you could see that beautiful coil... It looks better than the stock one! LOL! And it's my very first one I made myself. :banana:

Anyway, if anyone has a good idea (can I use the vise grips?) about getting this thing all the way closed, I'd appreciate it. I'd like to see how it works with a wick and some juice. :)
    I know this is late Lannie...but
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!! YOU ROCK!!!

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    Central Texas
    Where is Boden? I haz not scene him in a while.
    Last time I heard from him he was getting over the flu and was real busy. Hopefully he'll catch up and come back soon because that was a month ago. (or around that time)

MikeyConti

VapeBro
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2014
    South Carolina
    I will get a little leakage from my 2 Boreas. If I lay one down, it will leak a bit and if I forget to close the juice control when top filling, it will really leak. I get some juice condensation out the air holes but that is kinda to be expected. The flavor is so rich and full that it is going to have a little condensation. Still it is the best flavor tanks I have and I not going to stop using them for a little condensation.
    Oh, you will hear no argument from me about how it performs!! Most Flavorful RTA iv ever tried!! It's a good tank, but that little drawback can ruin something for me. When I get the time I will work on it to see if there's anything I can do. Things have been hectic around here lately so instead of diving way into it like I usually would, I gave it a quick clean and put it away for now..

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 26, 2013
    Central Texas
    Isub RBA !

Off to stain the decking, I know, I know, I should be resting, I have added heavy duty springs to those shed doors now though, they ain't blowing open like that again.
    Great review and also glad you're feeling better. I'll be staining my deck this weekend --- again. Should have double stained it last summer. :(
    just suck lol :rolleyes::D
    No pun intended. :w00t:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread