Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I am much better today but it was only nature to feel a bit worse for wear, bang on the head, cut on the forehead, black eyes, bruising and swelling, bound to feel meh..
Soooooooooo glad you're feeling better. The nausea a couple days after the fact concerned me! We gotta take care of our Rixy. :) I know Ems does a great job, but we can help

Anyone tried the new FlavOwire?
Flavored Kanthal wire.
are you serious or makin a funny?

Alert!! Must Read!! Fake LG HG2's coming from even Reputable Sources lately.
Counterfeit/Low Grade LG HG2 Test Results
whyyyyyyyy I just got in 6 from orbtronic. I may be ok. NO stickers, can't tell if the ring is matte or glossy, but, when I run my fingernail over it one direction, I do feel some slight texturing........what do ya think???

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
Soooooooooo glad you're feeling better. The nausea a couple days after the fact concerned me! We gotta take care of our Rixy. :) I know Ems does a great job, but we can help

whyyyyyyyy I just got in 6 from orbtronic. I may be ok. NO stickers, can't tell if the ring is matte or glossy, but, when I run my fingernail over it one direction, I do feel some slight texturing........what do ya think???
I just got 4 yesterday from RTD, and was wondering the same thing about the texture.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I just got 4 yesterday from RTD, and was wondering the same thing about the texture.
oh wow, when I'd checked rtd two different times they were OOS. That's my go to place, but I lost my battery case and most of my batteries 2nd day in Florida so had to get some!

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
I will get a little leakage from my 2 Boreas. If I lay one down, it will leak a bit and if I forget to close the juice control when top filling, it will really leak. I get some juice condensation out the air holes but that is kinda to be expected. The flavor is so rich and full that it is going to have a little condensation. Still it is the best flavor tanks I have and I not going to stop using them for a little condensation.

No I'm not going to stop using it at all. For me this is the best RTA I've had yet. I just won't be carrying around out and about since I don't need any leaking in my pockets. I Love the Boreas! Just hate the juicy part! ;)

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
I'm able to get these stock iSub coils apart easily now. :) Rich found me a good sturdy screwdriver of the proper diameter, so I hold the bottom of the coil head with pliers on the flat edges, stick the screwdriver through the wick holes, twist and lift, and it comes right apart with hardly any effort. However, I'm still thinking I'll get some of those RBAs because I had a few weirdnesses happen today, and I don't know what I did wrong. I made the new coil, held it in the top piece and ran the mandrel through it to hold it in place, flipped it upside down, put the rubber grommet back on with one leg inside and one outside, pressed it down, stuck the 510 pin part into that, clipped the wires short (VERY short), and put the bottom piece back on with the clamp thingie. But when I put the coil on the reader, it showed .02 ohms on the first one and .06 ohms on the other one (it happened to two out of the five I re-coiled).

The only clue I have is that the 510 pin and the bottom piece were harder to get on than usual, but there was no wire sticking out anywhere or anything. .02 ohms means a short, right? Maybe a wire inside the rubber insulator was out of position or something? I dunno, I took them both back apart (as they happened), and re-did them EXACTLY the same as far as I could tell, and they read at .49 and .51 ohms respectively. (See? I got 'em closer to .5!)

It seems like such a simple operation. I'm not sure what went wrong with the two bad ones, but after I re-did them, they were fine, and they fired perfectly when I put them on a mod. So I CAN do this, but I was getting kind of frustrated there for a while. Not to mention trying to keep track of where the wire bits pinged off to when I clipped them, not having a free hand to hold the end of it with. So I think the RBA will be easier because once the wire's screwed down I can just twist/bend the excess off, plus I won't have to try to hold the coil in the top piece, making sure it's aligned perfectly to run the mandrel back through it to hold it. I can just drop the whole shebang into the slots. So that's my best bet, but at least I know I can rebuild these stock ones if I need to.

I'm just puzzled as to what might have caused the .02 and .06 ohm readings on those two...:blink:

My coiling is beautiful, though, and I did it all by hand-wrapping. :D

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina

I got 4 from LV and they all have the white stickers and matte textured ring.
I have bad vision and slight Color Blindness and can't tell on 2 I have.. About to upload a picture lol

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
The only clue I have is that the 510 pin and the bottom piece were harder to get on than usual, but there was no wire sticking out anywhere or anything. .02 ohms means a short, right? Maybe a wire inside the rubber insulator was out of position or something? I dunno, I took them both back apart (as they happened), and re-did them EXACTLY the same as far as I could tell, and they read at .49 and .51 ohms respectively. (See? I got 'em closer to .5!)

Don't use those, but they seem similar to single coil Kanger types as far as assembly. Sometimes you can cross the coil legs when you put it back together, giving a short. Maybe?

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
If the rings have the texture you should be able to feel it with a light fingernail scratch.
I ran my Ceramic Tweezers around the Insulator and could feel the Ridges/Texture! Pretty Confident they are Genuine, I also stuck the tip of the Tweezer under the Insulator and lightly pulled up and it seemed to raise with the Wrap, which should mean its not pasted on..

BTW Heres an interesting Article on Fake LG HG2's(Really it applies to any battery at some points, such as the Tube and PVC) and how they are made and what to look for etc. Can you identify the fake LG HG2 18650 Battery?

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
No I'm not going to stop using it at all. For me this is the best RTA I've had yet. I just won't be carrying around out and about since I don't need any leaking in my pockets. I Love the Boreas! Just hate the juicy part! ;)
.No, I am not responding! Must resist.
:glug::glug:

Last edited:

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I knew it :)

26/32g Clapton wire, 4 wraps around Isub tool, think it's about 3.4mm.

Perfect ! , nice little sizzling happy coil, plenty of vapor, wicked a little thicker, as in cut the cotton a bit longer and pushed it in the holes tighter, now we have a nice smooth vape. That extra cotton has made a big difference !!

For the lung hitters this is bang on.

Should have my Isub S in a few days so I will do a little updated review on this with the rba deck in.

@chopdoc, I agree, if we could get this rba for the super tanks it would be as airy as the big boys ha...still the Isub is pretty dam good.

Last edited:

EmmA Ems

Moved On
Mar 8, 2016
Morning everyone, life is busy with work and kiddies but Rixy is right, that Isub is way better now, I'm taking it with me when I go out to give it a proper test. The S tank looks super sexy too, that would go nicely on my Stout :)

.No, I am not responding! Must resist.
:glug::glug:
Must be that bang on the head, your never THIS reserved :wub:

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
SW Florida
Morning everyone, life is busy with work and kiddies but Rixy is right, that Isub is way better now, I'm taking it with me when I go out to give it a proper test. The S tank looks super sexy too, that would go nicely on my Stout :)

Morning Emma. He must be hurting because I set him up for the best punch line and he let it slide! :D

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
Don't use those, but they seem similar to single coil Kanger types as far as assembly. Sometimes you can cross the coil legs when you put it back together, giving a short. Maybe?

Oh, no, I never even put those in a tank. As soon as I saw the reading, I took them apart and re-did them. I don't think the legs could be crossed or touching because they're 180 degrees apart from each other. But I'm new at this, and it was probably some stupidly obvious thing that *I* just didn't see. I'll get better. :) Right now I have 5 of my 10 "old soldiers" re-coiled and re-wicked, with the other 5 left to do. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow, who knows? ;) (This is kinda fun!)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood

Mornin hun.........good to see ya!!!

Oh and Rixy, keep forgettin to tell ya...... I have tried all 3 of the juices you sent, and they are all 3 very good, but definite fav is the first one I tried which was the Unicorn milk you made, it's soooooooooo yummy. I'll have to get those flavorings in July if I have enough left after getting nic.

I tried my scale out.........thanks to whoever recommended it. I really like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread