Status
Not open for further replies.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
25mm makes a big appearance difference on the VT75.

25mm Gemini in route.

22mm is so old school.

I've used a nautilus X. Not my thing (at all!!!) but the taste was certianly ahead of the Kabuki/nautilus. Pbusardo did a test at a party here and and guests were 50/50 between the X and the Kabuki. Thats saying something considering thats ground zero for HoH. Prolly be 75% for the X anywhere else.

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana
    Crap, I like the speed of DHL, but I always have to sign for the package, and that is difficult at times to be home for delivery. Do you know if they give you the tracking so you can know what day it will be delivered?
    You know, I think when I won from them before, I gave them my info and then it just showed up about 4 days later. I don't think I ever got tracking on that one, but it's been awhile so I'm not sure.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    You know, I think when I won from them before, I gave them my info and then it just showed up about 4 days later. I don't think I ever got tracking on that one, but it's been awhile so I'm not sure.
    Well if that's the case I won't be here when they deliver, leaving Friday morning to go to Anna Marie Island till Monday sometime, got to have a break. Guess they will leave a sticker or call or something because they did ask for my phone number. Guess I'll just wait and see. Thanks

Boden

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Lexington KY
    Interested in trying the coils that come with it, I have only used regular coils, not the fancy ones I see all the time. Thought of buying some from FT but that is a crap shoot and just didn't want to do it.

I'll give you the cheat sheet on fancy coils. The more mass a coil has the warmer the vape. The cost of this hot air is vapor production.
    image.jpeg

That chart applies to any size contact coil as long as the ID and width are the same between the coils you are comparing.

Same basic rule applies to spaced coils except vapor production is ~15% less across the board and the vape is ~15% warmer.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    So now I need to learn how to make 28G SS parallel builds and I'll be right in the Goldilocks zone and still have TC. We'll see how this works out next coil building session, which should be tomorrow! Not really, but it is an excuse to build because otherwise it'll be a while.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    I'll give you the cheat sheet on fancy coils. The more mass a coil has the warmer the vape. The cost of this hot air is vapor production.
    View attachment 592761

That chart applies to any size contact coil as long as the ID and width are the same between the coils you are comparing.

Same basic rule applies to spaced coils except vapor production is ~15% less across the board and the vape is ~15% warmer.
    I don't think my lungs could even run that test, COPD Sucks, but I did it to myself, so I have no one else to blame. :facepalm:
    Still going to try the coils it comes with and post my thoughts, but not sure I can vape that high of watts, have to wait and see.

coolerat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    View attachment 592761

I've been on a parallel binge lately just cause I had everything mastered and was bored so changed everything up to keep it green.

Parallels seem to offer some advantage with mechs. Got some on a mech squonker and its working really well. Still hate squonking but its a good build.

Tripe parallel 28 really makes the K5 sing. No explanation but there it is.

Paralels turned out to be the perfect build for my Gemini's. I'm actually hitting them a little milder then they wanna be hit and was having flooding issues. Parallels cleared that right up.

For everything else with my standard .4 build I can't see a nickels worth of differance between 28ga parallels and 24ga. Not heat or cloudz or flavor or anything else. And 24ga is much easier to work with.

My advice to anyone would be if you want fast and easy use 24ga. If you like playing around 28ga parallels pass the time.

I have claptons in my Goon and its a great vape but I can get the same vape 20 other different ways (they came with another tank).

The claptons that came with the Limitless were AWEFUL>

LJFinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 9, 2014
    SW Florida
    Well if that's the case I won't be here when they deliver, leaving Friday morning to go to Anna Marie Island till Monday sometime, got to have a break. Guess they will leave a sticker or call or something because they did ask for my phone number. Guess I'll just wait and see. Thanks

That's Great!! Have a great time. I Love the barrier islands around here. They are so beautiful. Enjoy Burnie!!

coolerat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    So now I need to learn how to make 28G SS parallel builds and I'll be right in the Goldilocks zone and still have TC. We'll see how this works out next coil building session, which should be tomorrow! Not really, but it is an excuse to build because otherwise it'll be a while.

I have found 430SS to be orders of magnitude harder to work with the kanthal for parallels.

coolerat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    I have a bunch of 316L. I need to watch a video or two before tackling this.

I have 26 and 24 in the 316 and it's easy to work with.

The 430 doesn't work in TC with anything I have.

The 316 sorta works but it's not that great.

For TC and me nothing beats nickel. And with today's bigger decks it's easy. A year ago it was tough.

Boden

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Lexington KY
    I don't think my lungs could even run that test, COPD Sucks, but I did it to myself, so I have no one else to blame. :facepalm:
    Still going to try the coils it comes with and post my thoughts, but not sure I can vape that high of watts, have to wait and see.
    I had to do it over about two months. The wattage is irrelevant. If you want to vape at 12W the trend in the chart still applies.

Boden

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Lexington KY
    I figure the Limitless will be a fun starting point for this type of build.
    Agreed.

If you are going to build wide coils and don't like thick wire, running wires in parallel is the only option to keep the resistance down in the mods sweet spot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread