To Steep or Not To Steep....

Status
Not open for further replies.

enemaniac

Jul 23, 2012
Indi - usa
More of a question here. Ordered Voos Broo and House last week due to constant good reviews. House I can tolerate and can tell it will grow on me when steeped. Voos... All i get is black twizzler. Really strong. Anyone else had this and steeping corrected it? I hate paying $17 for a 30mil of juice that makes my head hurt. Hoping steeping helps. Can anyone advise? Thanks much.

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
Aging is essential to Voo's Broo. Also Pumpkin pie (some like it fresh, not me though) and Voodoo. House is good fresh but gets many times better as it ages. Us House Heads buy 1 or 3 120ml 'jugs' at a time. Twisted tobacco is the same. Great fresh, but it continually gets better.

Try the Pie! And the Twisted.

Welcome to The CC Posse. We don't bite. Hard.

Nice Avatar, btw. This season is shaping up to be much better than the last couple.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
Every now and then I have a steeped bottle. Those end up on the specials page. I do announce them right before I list them so you know what's coming.
I will be steeping my house blend....now, I'd like to order the already steeped house blend....I'm on it....drats....not taking order....grr.

vape on!

alan_vapes_el_paso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Copper Creek: great out of the box, better steeped.
Blueberry: No steeping necessary!
Voo's Brew: great out of the box, better steeped.
Passion Fruit: No steeping necessary!
Cool Aid: been a couple weeks and still not getting much flavor.. :-/
Lemonade: Light out of the box, Way better steeped.
Rasberry Danish: just came yesterday, little light out of the box, prob needs steeping.
Rasberry: just came yesterday, little light out of the box, prob needs steeping.
Pear: just came yesterday, tastes AMAZING so far.
Peach: No steeping necessary! Best Peach flavor to date!!
Twisted: Light out of the box, Way better steeped.

For the folks at CC- how about selling already steeped juices? kind of like a fine, aged wine? i'd be willing to pay a little more for say a House Blend circa July 2011 than a brand new one.. :)

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
I find that once flavors are mixed they mimic other flavors.For instance a juice that I mix from other cc juices two different flavors that are pronounced...When I mix ccccc,cherry,vanilla,and cake I get a delicious chocolate covered cherry.If I up the amount of cccccc in that same mixture.I have a wonderful smoky cherry pipe tobacco without any tobacco being in it.

Sometimes I think it can taste similar to licorice!

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
Sometimes I think it can taste similar to licorice!

I just received my first order of Voo's Broo with a born on date of 5/2/2013. I tried it and I get mostly a leathery flavor out of it. My wife says she can taste black licorice. I will let this one steep for a month and try again.

My first order of House was born on 10/08/2012. I bought it in February on special! When it first came in I tried it on a HH 357 and thought it was meh. I started vaping it again 2 weeks ago on an RBA (ERA) and it's been amazing. I had to order another 30 ml. I just tried the fresh House Blend w/ a born on date of 5/2/2013 and it definitely is not as good as my 2012 batch. It is good but the 2012 batch definitely has some more complexity. My next CC order will be a 120 ml of house.

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
I just received my first order of Voo's Broo with a born on date of 5/2/2013. I tried it and I get mostly a leathery flavor out of it. My wife says she can taste black licorice. I will let this one steep for a month and try again.

My first order of House was born on 10/08/2012. I bought it in February on special! When it first came in I tried it on a HH 357 and thought it was meh. I started vaping it again 2 weeks ago on an RBA (ERA) and it's been amazing. I had to order another 30 ml. I just tried the fresh House Blend w/ a born on date of 5/2/2013 and it definitely is not as good as my 2012 batch. It is good but the 2012 batch definitely has some more complexity. My next CC order will be a 120 ml of house.

Try an Aero from Avidvaper.com. Same place you got the HH.357, but half the price. I very much dislike HH.357 atties. These, although they're out of stock: AERO 510 Bridgeless Atomizer - Avid Vaper. Another great attie from Avid is Cisco: LR510 Low Resistance Atomizer 1.8 ohm (Cisco Spec) - Avid Vaper

Another good one is the Vapage AMG Hybrid from Vapage.com $14 for a pack of 2. Here: http://www.vapage.com/AMG_Hybrid_Universal_2_pack_p/vpa-052-054.htm

Seriously, these are the best atties on the market, besides RBAs. But I f'ing hate RBAs.

The leathery taste will go away after about 2 or 3 weeks.

Last edited:

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
Ya gotta try the PIE. It's fabulous from start to finish.No steeping.It's perfect right from the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread