Vision ViVi NOVA V2.5 Comes with three different ohm Twist-on coil heads, built from ground up; color metal tubes & replaceable coil heads coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sedateme

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Bismarck, ND
I'm glad to see something like this hit our market. Ordered a Nova set. I've got a ton of wire and wick, we will see how easy it is to rebuild these heads. I've been frustated with CE2-style units in the past due to inconsistent everything, wicking issues being the worst. When I had CE2 success, it was the best flavor and vapor I've ever had. If these work properly and are easily rebuildable, I will be one happy vaper.

One thing that caught my eye is the location of the air hole. It appears it doesn't take air in from the atty connector, but 2 holes in the bottom cap. Smart design. This takes care of any airflow issues that are caused by device connectors. Every PV is different and people often overlook the importance that airflow has on your vape experience. If you have tighter or looser threads on a certain PV, it will change the airflow to your atty/carto/ce2/whatever. Take that variable out of the equation and everyone should be able to produce similar results.

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
only tried the 2.4 so far and wow i cant wait to try the 1.8 oh boy... i did notice that it can get air through the center also so it breathes very well and still can be used on an auto if ya like
and all the parts are stone tank compatable so there is all kinds of mix and match possibilities :drool:
i did notice 2 concerns - the top cap where the drip tip goes is not a smooth hole. there is a little ledge almost like there is a tube pressed in there and it dosent come all the way to the top. it causes most of my aftermarket drip tips to feel loose and pull out easily...
also the center pin is a bit too long so it wont sit flush in most connectors. and i can see the sharp edges catching the center pin in some batts and twisting it as it is screwed on and off... i already sanded mine down just a little and that made it fit better on my stuff.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
I know one the 1.8 ohm head hits like a train.

I'm envious. I'm having no luck with it so far... :( I cut down the wicks. I even got rid of the cap entirely... It helped a little, but I still get so many dry hits at this point with the 2.8 head, my tongue is burned - I can't taste anything anymore. There is gotta to be something I'm missing, I just can't figure out what, there is just no reason for this thing not to work...

OK, I'm done for now. On a 2.4 head (went down from 2.8 for some reason) I'm getting nothing but dry hits at 3.4 v, and little vapor and flavor at 3.3 v.

I can't imagine what's going on. With the 3.2 head, it's either no vapor, or dry hits. Nothing in-between. I didn't cut the wicks on that one.

I almost thought for a moment that it was the Provari that was giving me a hard time - but no, it works perfectlyl with the Stardusts.

I'm going to wait and see if someone else has problems this bad, and what they do about it. If no-one else has these problems, I'm going to go and bang my head on the wall. My tongue hurts... :( :( :(

Last edited:

Bocephus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Kansas
I'm envious. I'm having no luck with it so far... :( I cut down the wicks. I even got rid of the cap entirely... It helped a little, but I still get so many dry hits at this point with the 2.8 head, my tongue is burned - I can't taste anything anymore. There is gotta to be something I'm missing, I just can't figure out what, there is just no reason for this thing not to work...

OK, I'm done for now. On a 2.4 head (went down from 2.8 for some reason) I'm getting nothing but dry hits at 3.4 v, and little vapor and flavor at 3.3 v.

I can't imagine what's going on. With the 3.2 head, it's either no vapor, or dry hits. Nothing in-between. I didn't cut the wicks on that one.

I almost thought for a moment that it was the Provari that was giving me a hard time - but no, it works perfectlyl with the Stardusts.

I'm going to wait and see if someone else has problems this bad, and what they do about it. If no-one else has these problems, I'm going to go and bang my head on the wall. My tongue hurts... :( :( :(

Your not the only one. I was waiting to see if anyone else had issues to heh. It bums me out because so many are hyaving good luck with these. The good news for me atleast is I can rewick and fiddle to hopefully make them work but I do wonder what the deal is because I would love to get them to work. Seems like every tip I put on does the same thing.

I am not using a terribly thick juice either. its a 50/50 that also has some alcohol in it so while its not watery its a fairly average juice in terms of thickness and works on everything else. It is really odd its like it doesnt matter what volt I use on any of them its the same muted, dry vape. The 2.8 has given me better hits but they are like good through half the hit and the back end gets bad.

I am just gonna keep at this 2.8 off and on and hope it pulls out. I know for a fact that they can work well because I have a couple friends who are using them and are having no issues. My olny guess is on some of these heads when they wrapped them maybe the wick is pinched off to tight at one end.

This isnt a bash of the Nova by the way so please dont take it that way. I think the design of this is brilliant frankly. I just think like other ce2's and a lot of these handmade coils where you have stations with people wrapping them you get one person doing it wrong or to tight and you got a batch go out not working right.

Good thing I have wick and 75 feet of kanthal hehe.

BOREMAN

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
RVing the USA

Just got home, my package in the mailbox. First thing I tried was the Vivi with 2.8 head on the Provari. Works great right out of the box. You may just have a bad one. Maybe coil wrapped too tight on wick? Loving mine so far. Now to try a Phoenix. Good luck and hope it is just a QC issue.

Bocephus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Kansas
Thanks bad. I am in the process of reading that thread and trying things out but I wanted to add that if your gonna clean or do anything with that rubber cap off there is a single strand of wick that actually lays on top of the coil so if you take the rubber cap off remember to take that off and set it aside before ya run it under the sink or you will loose it down the drain.

Bocephus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Kansas
Just an update for those following this thread and not the one bad posted I rinsed out my nova and took my little butane torch and heated the wicks till they glowed red like we used to do on older ce2's and then dry burned the coil till there was no smoke and it seems to be much better. Ill run it tonight and see how it goes.

I think some of the issue is this wicking is the same as they used to use in the old ce2's and most of us used to have to either torch the wicks and dry burn or deal with a day or two of sketchy hits. Once cleaned its much better so at the very least take the tips as John said in the other thread and add a couple drops of juice to the coil and pulse dry burn it dry burn it several times.

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
Just an update for those following this thread and not the one bad posted I rinsed out my nova and took my little butane torch and heated the wicks till they glowed red like we used to do on older ce2's and then dry burned the coil till there was no smoke and it seems to be much better. Ill run it tonight and see how it goes.

I think some of the issue is this wicking is the same as they used to use in the old ce2's and most of us used to have to either torch the wicks and dry burn or deal with a day or two of sketchy hits. Once cleaned its much better so at the very least take the tips as John said in the other thread and add a couple drops of juice to the coil and pulse dry burn it dry burn it several times.

Please post pics of your Vivi's Atty broken down to its basic elements...If you feel comfortable doing that, of course..

If this thing can be rebuilt fairly easly, I'm ordering 10....

(Just read other thread)

Well, probably not...My Boge 2.0's in a tank will have to suffice for now..:(

Last edited:

davedamage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
indiana
Does anyone know if or when they will be selling replacement parts for these? Less than 24 hours with the thing, it rolled off of my table and broke the bottom 510 connection. I a.ready ordered another one since I want two of them anyways, but I would like to just buy the bottom cap if I could.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

MrJonesJr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Got mine today and it seems to be working great with the 2.4 on my Precise 18350. Tried the 1.8 and it tasted burnt for the first 5 minutes...now working great also, without doing anything to it. I am using 80pg strong menthol, so probably wouldn't even be able to notice a muted flavor.

Any updates on the metal tubes?

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Wow, I am just loving this more and more each day. Did the 2.4 head yesterday, it was great, but I do think I'll trim the wicks before I use it again. Today the 1.8, trimmed the wicks before I used it, and wow....I finally have throat hit! This has been my biggest issue with everything so far. The vape is a bit warmer than I'd like, but it's not darkening my pina colada juice. Tomorrow or next day will try the 2.8 head. Really wishing I had a vv right now! lol Defintely want to try the new stardusts soon as well, but I am so loving my vivi!

FriedLiverAtack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2011
California, USA
I must say I am happily surprised with this Vivi Nova. I have always thought the CE2 type of cartomizer was good in theory, but when applied the products had serious design flaws. Every once in a while I sample various CE2 or similar cartos to see if they have it figured out and all of them have had significant flaws. Either they didn't wick right giving dry hits, leaked like a sieve, or simply didn't work at all. The best one I found was impossible to reassemble after breaking it down to clean. In addition they looked really cheap, not something I wanted to put on my $200 PV. It appears that Vision have finally gotten it right. I've gone through a couple tanks of juice and it has worked like it should.

Only problems that I see is the flavor is a little flat compared to an atomizer or Boge/Smoktech carto. Perhaps this can be fixed by changing my juice recipes. I'll have to try that out. Also, it can leak a little juice if you turn it upside down and shake it, so probably not something you want to throw loose into a bag or purse. But it appears that they have limited it down to the least amount possible using the CE2 technology.

A real plus is that they are dirt cheap considering the attractive design, especially with the metal tubes which I will probably buy eventually. Now if only they can design a model that works like this in conjunction with Phiniac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread