Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
10+year smoker/chewer. Vaporfi rocket did the trick for me but I won't recommend it. Had no idea I was getting ripped off, but it did get me off the chew and ciggs.
I think we all bought a device or 2 that was probably over priced, but at least for you, it worked which was the important thing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I was a 40+ year very heavy smoker (my wife about the same). I was actively trying to cut down, using lozenges and stuff but not really working.

One day an adv popped up on some website about ecigs...don't even remember which one. So I did some research and ended up here on ecf.

A day or two later I had ordered my first starter kit -- a Volt cigalike from Smokeless Image. The kit arrived on Friday and I had my last cigarette on Monday. My wife's first kit arrived 2 days later.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I was completely different and started with an iStick and a Nautilus Mini. :rolleyes:

Decided to quit smoking one day after more than 30 years and walked into a dumpy local B&M and left with the iStick and Nautilus Mini. Also bought 3 10mls of terrible 12mg tobacco flavoured juices. That was Nov 2015 and I haven't had a cigarette since. Haven't vaped tobacco flavoured juice since I found fruit/bakery flavours a few days later either. :eek:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I was completely different and started with an iStick and a Nautilus Mini. :rolleyes:

Decided to quit smoking one day after more than 30 years and walked into a dumpy local B&M and left with the iStick and Nautilus Mini. Also bought 3 10mls of terrible 12mg tobacco flavoured juices. That was Nov 2015 and I haven't had a cigarette since. Haven't vaped tobacco flavoured juice since I found fruit/bakery flavours a few days later either. :eek:
It's funny about juices... when I first started over 6 years ago I wanted whatever tasted like a cig. After maybe a year I hated tobaccos and went to fruits, then to bakery, then was big on custards. I went back to fruits, but in the past year I'm back to tobaccos (but sweet types)

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
It's funny about juices... when I first started over 6 years ago I wanted whatever tasted like a cig. After maybe a year I hated tobaccos and went to fruits, then to bakery, then was big on custards. I went back to fruits, but in the past year I'm back to tobaccos (but sweet types)

Interesting. I tried a bunch of tobaccos recently and I hated them all. To each their own for sure!

I am stuck on strawberry custard, cinnamon churro, apple pie, green tea ice cream and a couple others. All DIY and I almost never buy premade juice. I am very lucky that i like my DIY so much. I might buy the odd Boss Reserve or Castle Long as a treat, but that's rare.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Interesting. I tried a bunch of tobaccos recently and I hated them all. To each their own for sure!

I am stuck on strawberry custard, cinnamon churro, apple pie, green tea ice cream and a couple others. All DIY and I almost never buy premade juice. I am very lucky that i like my DIY so much. I might buy the odd Boss Reserve or Castle Long as a treat, but that's rare.
I really liked that castle reserve, bought a bottle last year, but at 18mg it just didn't cut it in the TH departure. Sounds like your vaping an ice cream store

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
My local Vape Shop charged me basically what I would have paid for the kit online with the shipping. He gave me a deal but still has to make a buck. Treats me right and always has. I have never overpaid for vaping devices although I have paid more for the device but did not pay for shipping. So in the end my cost was the same.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016

I have liked fruity from the start, although i do rotate in new flavors, i have been DIY for the last 3+ years and vaping for ~5+ years i forget TBH but has always been sweet fruity flavors.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Yep, quit smoking with these - Joyetech sticks. 24 mg in refillable cartos.
Bought a BUNCH of 'em.
joyetech.jpg

Then I got Ego batteries. Bunch of those.
Then I got an SVD, and I actually swapped some of those sticks for a Vamo.
Then I got a Provari. Then another Provari.
Then I got a Reo. Now I have like 10 squonkers.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
Yep, quit smoking with these - Joyetech sticks. 24 mg in refillable cartos.
Bought a BUNCH of 'em.
View attachment 629527

Then I got Ego batteries. Bunch of those.
Then I got an SVD, and I actually swapped some of those sticks for a Vamo.
Then I got a Provari. Then another Provari.
Then I got a Reo. Now I have like 10 squonkers.
Had a vew vamo's in my time wana say v3 and v5 but i forget would have to dig em out.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
When I first quit the only thing I could tolerate was Tobacco flavors and finding something else was the hardest thing I did since quitting. Thinking back to the day I found a Fruit flavor I could vape and saying I will never be vaping Chocolate or Yogurts makes me laugh every time I look at the 100bottles of e-Liquids I have now.

MMcQ

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2013
Pennsylvania
blu 510's and cartos for the first month then 808's with t4's and.. can't remember what they were called but they were a 'little' bigger. That was when I quit altogether. Then t2's/Protanks and ego t mods for battery life and finally Isticks (both internal and external batt's) now with subtanks for the long haul. A lot of gear and a lot of experiences to find what works the best with the least amount of work. There's a bunch of other tanks and such in between but the pico and subtank mega has been my daily for the last 6+ months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread