Would you go back to smoking if vaping was worse for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
After four months of vaping,I am now considering going back to smoking.I have two mods and 3 tanks BVC and BDC and one Kayfun,I have tried juice after juice at least 200 dollars worth,listened to many you tube reviews about great taste,"great taste",there lies the problem,nothing taste good at all,a total disappointment to me,I also build my own coils,I've tried everthing,still it's like sucking chemicals.

It takes QUITE a while for our tastebuds to emerge from their smoke-induced coma -- I didn't really taste any ejuice very strongly till I'd been vaping about 6 months. If you stop now after just 4 months, you'll never know what it can taste like.

However if you have any interest in DIY, in order to taste something, I'd highly recommend my recipe for Strawberries & Cream -- it's "slap you in the face!" flavor, and others have confirmed that too.

Inawera Shisha Strawberry 16%
TFA DX Bavarian Cream 6%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4.5%
CAP Sweet Cream 2%
TFA Sweetener 2%

Yes, it's a lot of flavoring -- 30.5% -- and I've since reduced it to about 28.5% -- but this was the juice that informed me that vaping really DOES have a taste, and it can be terrific. If you can't taste this juice, your tastebuds are completely dead, not comatose. :D Until I made this, I thought all vaping would be a nice scent and very little taste.

Yes, other brands can be used, but if you want the MOST, best flavor, use the flavors exactly as shown -- especially the TFA sweetener; other sweeteners have a nasty artificial whang, but the TFA does not. (and use the Kayfun -- best flavor available, in a tank)

Andria

Reactions: KattMamma

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Yes I have,like I said,tried everything,I have four bottles of juice coming Monday,hoping this will be the one.
Extra flavor shots?

Have you considered buying some DIY flavors to spike your juices (even if you're not ready to go the DIY route) ? They're pretty cheap, and you could just add a few drops to see if it helps.

I vape a LOT... so I do sometimes get vapers tongue. I fend it off mostly by changing flavors a lot (I have 2 very different flavors beside me right now). But I've kinda figured out that, for me, it's usually caused by my mouth and tongue being dehydrated - not necessarily my body (although that happens too). I'll drink extra water, but make a point to let each sip set on my tongue a while before swallowing. I swear 30 mins of doing that and I can taste my juice better.

YMMV, but the point is, please don't give up. Something will work.

Reactions: viking**

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
The question makes very little sense to me? Vaping as a means of cesation has been used for what? 20 years now? As the tools at our disposal have become more and more refined, more and more people are succesful using them. The question is somewhat oxi moranic in nature. No offense to the Op, but the human condition just loves to over think things that are easily accepted even if not understood.

viking**

Apr 25, 2015
Pa.
It takes QUITE a while for our tastebuds to emerge from their smoke-induced coma -- I didn't really taste any ejuice very strongly till I'd been vaping about 6 months. If you stop now after just 4 months, you'll never know what it can taste like.

However if you have any interest in DIY, in order to taste something, I'd highly recommend my recipe for Strawberries & Cream -- it's "slap you in the face!" flavor, and others have confirmed that too.

TFA DX Bavarian Cream 6%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4.5%
CAP Sweet Cream 2%
TFA Sweetener 2%

Yes, it's a lot of flavoring -- 30.5% -- and I've since reduced it to about 28.5% -- but this was the juice that informed me that vaping really DOES have a taste, and it can be terrific. If you can't taste this juice, your tastebuds are completely dead, not comatose. :D Until I made this, I thought all vaping would be a nice scent and very little taste.

Yes, other brands can be used, but if you want the MOST, best flavor, use the flavors exactly as shown -- especially the TFA sweetener; other sweeteners have a nasty artificial whang, but the TFA does not. (and use the Kayfun -- best flavor available, in a tank)

Andria
AndriaD,love your comment and your attitude,My wife sees I get disappointed with juice and suggested I find one I like and stick with it like I did Marlboro,easier said then done.
I have thought of DIY,but first I have to find the one.Then there is the learning curve and the measuring tools I am a retired coal miner and no nothing of measuring percentages for liquids.
I have found Nicotine juice 50/50 pretty cheap and was going to give it a whirl,but what I have spent
so far I'm afraid it would be another costly learning trip.
I will admit this,if I knew your recipe was the one,I would order everything I need this very moment,
believe me,I really don't want to smoke again.
Thanks again for the uplifting post.

Reactions: bluecat

viking**

Apr 25, 2015
Pa.
Extra flavor shots?

Have you considered buying some DIY flavors to spike your juices (even if you're not ready to go the DIY route) ? They're pretty cheap, and you could just add a few drops to see if it helps.

I vape a LOT... so I do sometimes get vapers tongue. I fend it off mostly by changing flavors a lot (I have 2 very different flavors beside me right now). But I've kinda figured out that, for me, it's usually caused by my mouth and tongue being dehydrated - not necessarily my body (although that happens too). I'll drink extra water, but make a point to let each sip set on my tongue a while before swallowing. I swear 30 mins of doing that and I can taste my juice better.

YMMV, but the point is, please don't give up. Something will work.
Thanks ,never thought of that.

YKruss

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
Springfield, VA
Yes I have,like I said,tried everything,I have four bottles of juice coming Monday,hoping this will be the one.

My taste buds never recovered after 35 years of smoking. Every juice tasted not right to me so I just gave up on flavors and started using unflavored around 3 years ago and never looked back.

Try it, it might be the ticket for you too.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
AndriaD,love your comment and your attitude,My wife sees I get disappointed with juice and suggested I find one I like and stick with it like I did Marlboro,easier said then done.
I have thought of DIY,but first I have to find the one.Then there is the learning curve and the measuring tools I am a retired coal miner and no nothing of measuring percentages for liquids.
I have found Nicotine juice 50/50 pretty cheap and was going to give it a whirl,but what I have spent
so far I'm afraid it would be another costly learning trip.
I will admit this,if I knew your recipe was the one,I would order everything I need this very moment,
believe me,I really don't want to smoke again.
Thanks again for the uplifting post.

You might also try higher-PG ejuice; it gives better throat hit, and "presents" the flavors in a "louder" fashion (there just aren't good words to describe it, for taste -- hence the auditory metaphors!).

I definitely agree about using vendors that offer 'extra flavor' or 'flavor shots' -- that made a big difference for me, when most juices seemed pretty tasteless to me.

Another thing to try, even if you're not prepared to go whole-hog DIY at least for the present, is just getting some of the TFA Sweetener -- it made a BIG! difference for me, in being able to taste fruity flavors -- without a bit of extra sweetener, most "bought" juices in the fruity-flavors had very little taste to me at all. And the TFA Sweetener, though sucralose like so many others, really is better -- it doesn't taste artificial, it just tastes sweet -- if you add 3-5 drops to a 30ml bottle of juice, it can make a world of difference. In smaller bottles, use less -- it's quite strong, intensely sweet.

Andria

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I honestly don't know what I would do in the OP's scenario, it's hard to guess. It would be easy for me to say today that no I would not go back to smoking as I sit here and chain vape my yummy luscious vanilla sassafras tobacco e liquid but I just may be singing a whole nuther tune when faced with the reality of the posted scenario. I'm a creature of habit so I honestly can't say.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2015
Sunshine Isle
Hey guys - where is all this negativity coming from all of a sudden? Are we or are we not convinced we're doing the right thing giving up the smokes? If the worst comes to the worst and there's no good stuff in the flavours we just vape unflavoured - big deal. A lot of people do that already.

With all the good intentions in the world but knowing me and how I have behaved before I know that sooner or later I would go back to smoking if I did not vape. Why else would I spend a fortune in getting prepared for the worst.

Earlier, someone started a thread to say positive things about vaping because all of a sudden we're getting all these negative posts. I think he was right.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Hey guys - where is all this negativity coming from all of a sudden? Are we or are we not convinced we're doing the right thing giving up the smokes? If the worst comes to the worst and there's no good stuff in the flavours we just vape unflavoured - big deal. A lot of people do that already.

With all the good intentions in the world but knowing me and how I have behaved before I know that sooner or later I would go back to smoking if I did not vape. Why else would I spend a fortune in getting prepared for the worst.

Earlier, someone started a thread to say positive things about vaping because all of a sudden we're getting all these negative posts. I think he was right.

I'm in the same boat -- if I was to quit vaping for whatever reason, I'm just about certain that I'd be back to cigarettes inside a week -- if it even took that long. I tell this to my mother constantly, when she starts giving me the "so when are you going to quit THAT?" business. Of course she responds "but you've been quit almost a year!" I simply remind her that I smoked for 39 yrs, and a habit of that long-standing will not be vanquished easily -- and I then remind her that she's been quit for over 10 yrs, and STILL craves a smoke. She says "I may crave it, but I don't have it." And I explain that that's where we're different -- because I refuse to make myself miserable with cravings, I just won't do it -- which is why I smoked for 39 yrs, and until I started vaping, was prepared to continue smoking until it killed me.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
One can never say never...but I don't believe I would start smoking again. After vaping, cigarettes taste like...well...crap. Cigars? I do like a good cigar...

I suffered a month-long relapse/smoke-break last summer, and as bad as they taste, that very first hit after 116 days without, well, it just tasted like HOME. Familiar. Comforting. So anyone who's teetering on the edge of smoking again... really, it's much, MUCH easier to stay smoke-free... than to get that way a 2nd time. You don't think it will happen, after not smoking for however long, but inside a week, more than likely, you'll be smoking the same amount you were when you quit -- if not even more. And the coming back is HARD -- your mind is screaming like a 2-yr-old having a complete meltdown, just one, just one drag, c'mon... and you know, that one will just be the first of many more. It's just not worth it.

If it's cravings, try some WTA; if it's the taste, try some more, keep trying, try everything you can -- flavors, brands, tanks/attys, whatever -- even rebuilding if the store-bought coils are just not doing it for you -- because it really is worth all the effort and frustration and stress, completely and entirely worth it. Even the stuff you buy and decide, nah, you might be able to sell or pass along to another who'd like to try vaping, and the money isn't wasted, because you learned something -- you didn't like that, try something else.

:thumb:
Andria

viking**

Apr 25, 2015
Pa.

TFA DX Bavarian Cream 6%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4.5%
CAP Sweet Cream 2%
TFA Sweetener 2%

Andria
Where do I get these and is sucralose in food stores.
TFA DX Bavarian Cream 6%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4.5%
CAP Sweet Cream 2%
TFA Sweetener 2%

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Where do I get these and is sucralose in food stores.
TFA DX Bavarian Cream 6%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4.5%
CAP Sweet Cream 2%
TFA Sweetener 2%

You can get all of those at bullcityvapor.com -- and yes, certainly you can get sucralose in food stores -- but it's for FOOD, not vaping. You need PURE sucralose with no additives whatsoever for vaping, and as far as I know, only vape-flavor type places have that -- and I STRONGLY recommend the TFA (The Flavor Apprentice) brand for that, because it doesn't have a nasty artificial taste, it's just sweet; other brands aren't nearly as good.

Shisha Strawberry-INW - Bull City Vapor
DX Bavarian Cream-TFA - Bull City Vapor
Vanilla Swirl-TFA - Bull City Vapor
Sweet Cream-Cap - Bull City Vapor
Sweetener-TFA - Bull City Vapor

Andria

Reactions: viking**

viking**

Apr 25, 2015
Pa.
+
You can get all of those at bullcityvapor.com -- and yes, certainly you can get sucralose in food stores -- but it's for FOOD, not vaping. You need PURE sucralose with no additives whatsoever for vaping, and as far as I know, only vape-flavor type places have that -- and I STRONGLY recommend the TFA (The Flavor Apprentice) brand for that, because it doesn't have a nasty artificial taste, it's just sweet; other brands aren't nearly as good.

Shisha Strawberry-INW - Bull City Vapor
DX Bavarian Cream-TFA - Bull City Vapor
Vanilla Swirl-TFA - Bull City Vapor
Sweet Cream-Cap - Bull City Vapor
Sweetener-TFA - Bull City Vapor

Andria
Thank you,do you mind if I bug you now and then ?

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
if they could scientifically prove that vaping was worse than smoking and pinpoint it to something exact in vaping, I would avoid vaping that way but still try to vape. If vaping as a whole was worse than smoking, I would quit vaping and not smoke.

So far no proven facts or backup to prove that vaping is worse than smoking other than stupid propoganda, so I'll continue to vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread