0mg nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

RNvaper

Apr 12, 2021
Hello! So, for whatever reason, pre-employment nicotine testing is becoming a thing in my field. I use 6 mg juice, so I'm just going to switch to 0 mg. Everything I've read says 2 weeks should be good to pass the test. My question is, how much residual nicotine will be left in the vape from previously using 6 mg? I took it apart and cleaned it.... Is that sufficient? Or am I still consuming enough nicotine to fail a test?
Thanks!!

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I'd replace the coil, but other than that, it sounds good. Whether two weeks is enough depends on the type of test and its sensitivity. There are some I'd want four weeks for.

What I really want to know is why on earth your employer thinks it's their business whether you consume nicotine or not, but I have to acknowledge that the answer to that question is no doubt none of my business.;)

RNvaper

Apr 12, 2021
What I really want to know is why on earth your employer thinks it's their business whether you consume nicotine or not, but I have to acknowledge that the answer to that question is no doubt none of my business.;)

I asked a couple recruiters why they test for nicotine, no one knows!!
I think it started as something they did for health insurance because smokers have to pay higher rates, and it just snowballed. Healthcare is all kinds of screwed up now anyway...I question a lot of the dumb things we're told to do these days.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    As for why they are doing this, it's a no-brainer. If they are going to pay for your health and/or life insurance (or even part of it) they are going to want to pay the smallest premium possible.

And even if they aren't paying for health insurance, the insurer who offers the insurance they will be offering you (out of your pocket) wants to lower it's risks.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    That's great. But my question wasn't about how long it stays in your system.

Yeah but here's the problem. You stated...

I've read says 2 weeks should be good to pass the test.

Leading me to believe that if you bet on that you may fail a test and therefore lose out on a job. ;)

We read a lot of things, but that thread more or less proves that what you read isn't really true. And posting the link to counteract your info helps others who will undoubtedly find this thread when worrying about cotinine tests.

Also, I failed to see an answerable question, so I tried to help you out in another way. You see, no one truly knows how well stainless steel, glass and plastic hold on to nicotine even after a good washing, if at all. Therefore no one can answer that question becuase I doubt anyone here (or anyone in the world) has sent a used but washed atomizer to a lab to test for nicotine residue. :)

Best bet would be to use a brand new tank if you have doubts. It's not that expensive an option when you take all things into consideration.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    ... My question is, how much residual nicotine will be left in the vape from previously using 6 mg? ...

That's great. But my question wasn't about how long it stays in your system.

Hi RNvaper. Welcome to the ECF.

Kinda Hard to answer Your Question(s). Doesn't a Lot Depend on the Amount of Physical Exercise one does? And the Type of Eating Habits one has?

There is also I believe a Non-Linear Falloff which is dependent on the Amount of Nicotine someone absorbs into their Body for the 30 Days prior to stopping.

Saying you Vape 6mg/ml e-Liquids Doesn't tell someone How Much Nicotine you Consume per day. It only tells them How Much Nicotine is in the e-Liquids you use when you Vape.

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2010
    Ohio
    I think it started as something they did for health insurance because smokers have to pay higher rates, and it just snowballed. Healthcare is all kinds of screwed up now anyway...I question a lot of the dumb things we're told to do these days.

I think you nailed it right there, Insurance companies grasping at another excuse to deny 11th hour coverage. Anyone remember the guy who died of leukemia because bone marrow transplant was classified by his Health Insurance company as "experimental?"

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    See? Right there!
    This is exactly why I don't trust WebMD.

"Many federal, state, and private employers require this testing to ensure employees can be trusted to protect important information, or even the health and safety of others."

JC! :-x

You took it out of context. They weren't talking about nicotine tests, rather drug tests. In that context, it does make sense for many types of drug addicts.

What to Know If You Have to Take a Nicotine Test
    If you’ve ever applied for a new job, you may have had to take a drug test. Many federal, state, and private employers require this testing to ensure employees can be trusted to protect important information, or even the health and safety of others.

But did you know that some employers, insurance companies, and other institutions sometimes test for nicotine -- the active ingredient in tobacco products?​

They weren't saying that employers (etc) think that nicotine addicts are not trustworthy etc.

• Agree
    Reactions: Fidola13
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread