retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Why would someone continue to use a battery that has a problem with the casing ?

profile_picture_by_id_10t-d49i1lq.jpg

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
" but she also said her device likely exploded due to a problem with the battery casing. "

This bothers me greatly.
Why would someone continue to use a battery that has a problem with the casing ?
Because " She does not think there is anything the could have done to prevent her accident," so obviously, battery safety is not up to the consumer.

I also didn't see any mention of the device itself. So, it could have been a bad battery wrap, it could have been a springloaded center pin atomizer on a direct to battery connection mod, who knows?

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
This quote from the article is a classic.

"Foster said some explosions have occurred when users were in the process of igniting the device."

Igniting ? Really ?

Again, an example of the "journalist" deliberately choosing a word with heavy negative connotations, to mislead the reader into thinking that this accident was somehow intentional and inevitable ...

Consider a less inflammatory alternative ...

"Foster said some explosions have occurred when users were in the process of activating the device."

Somebody introduce Ken Alltucker to a dictionary ...

ig·ni·tion
iɡˈniSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: ignition
the action of setting something on fire or starting to burn.

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
I also didn't see any mention of the device itself. So, it could have been a bad battery wrap, it could have been a springloaded center pin atomizer on a direct to battery connection mod, who knows?
Doesn't matter. I'm guessing the intent of the article was to demonize any kind of e-cig and jump on the "headline" bandwagon.

I don't even read this crap anymore.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
But the article did point out how some (higher quality) batts have internal protection, but many do not - we all know about cheap batts...
Hard to know exactly what they're talking about, but if they mean the actual batteries, the ones with PCBs are not suitable for vaping.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I like this Comment about having some "Journalistic Integrity".

John Conner - Olympia, Washington

And the type of device was? Have some journalistic integrity and report the full story. Was it some cloned mech with cheap batteries? Regulated mods don't do that. Saying all ecigs explode will kill smokers by scaring them into not trying this life saving technology.
www.abillionlives.com

Arizona teen warns others about exploding e-cigarettes

I also like the Link he Included.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Every vapist should be forced to take a class from the teachings of Mooch before they get a device

Point 1, shes 17...wtf is a 17 yo doing with vape gear. Its illegal here.

The article sounds like she doesnt vape now, and that makes me question whether she was a former smoker "She enjoyed the flavor and smell and socializing with friends", im one of those who believes that vaping is a harm reduction tool for those who used to smoke. If she wasnt a smoker and was instead doing it to be cool, well then we dont need those kinda people anyways...so embrace safety 100% young lady and dont vape

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread