2 year warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My guess is most people don't purchase the second year warranty. The track record is so good that a Provari will not need servicing. And even when out of warranty, repair fees are very reasonable.

Standard Post-Warranty Service Repair Costs:

Replace Window and screws- $10.00
Replace Circuit Board - $65.00
Upgrade to V2 - $20.00
Replace plastic pushbutton - $5.00
Repairs to the circuit board - $25.00
Cleaning - $20.00
Replace top cap - $15.00
Broken Cartomizer Service - $10.00
Return shipping within the USA - $5.00

Why Provari?

Last edited:

lulu836

Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
It's free money for ProVape, It would be a "better deal" for the customer if the warranty were transferrable. But again, Post warranty support in this field is non-existent and makes the ProVari that much better for it.

The warranty question is of great interest to me. I purchased my Provari from a former owner who apparently never graced the pages of any Provari thread that I can find. I was even sent the original purchase order and a Rewards card. I sent ProVape an email before it arrived and asked if the 1 year warranty would be extended to me since the Provari is only 2 months old. I know I will not have to use it but just was curious. I was under the impression that the warranty followed the merchandise and not the person. Anyhow, I was told no it would not transfer so that's that.

Awooga

May 20, 2009
I went for the Provari two year warrantee in October 2012 -- and my Provari finally failed at the end of last month. I sent it back last week and didn't hear anything from them.

I then emailed them yesterday to ask if they'd got my ProVari yet as they said they would email me as soon as they received it.

Anyway they responded: "I'm very sorry. It looks like we accidentally neglected to email you once we received your ProVari. Our repair team has actually already checked over your ProVari and found that the circuit board and window need to be replaced. The total cost is $75.00."

I'm now hoping they "accidentally neglected to read my email" as I had clearly stated in the email that I purchased the extended warrantee.

The warranty quite clearly states "It covers all of the electronics inside the ProVari for a total of two (2) years. (1 year factory warranty + 1 year extended)"

I'm waiting for their reply now ... going to be rather ...... off if they try and charge me $75

Watch this space ...

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
I went for the Provari two year warrantee in October 2012 -- and my Provari finally failed at the end of last month. I sent it back last week and didn't hear anything from them.

I then emailed them yesterday to ask if they'd got my ProVari yet as they said they would email me as soon as they received it.

Anyway they responded: "I'm very sorry. It looks like we accidentally neglected to email you once we received your ProVari. Our repair team has actually already checked over your ProVari and found that the circuit board and window need to be replaced. The total cost is $75.00."

I'm now hoping they "accidentally neglected to read my email" as I had clearly stated in the email that I purchased the extended warrantee.

The warranty quite clearly states "It covers all of the electronics inside the ProVari for a total of two (2) years. (1 year factory warranty + 1 year extended)"

I'm waiting for their reply now ... going to be rather ...... off if they try and charge me $75

Watch this space ...

I'm sure it was just an oversight & they'll take care of you.

Maybe this is a sign that they don't sell a lot of extended warranties.

Awooga

May 20, 2009
The warrantee doesn't cover moisture damage (which they said they could see) --- but they are replacing it for free because the only time I think it could have got wet was when the juice they sent me complimentary with the unit leaked in the box.

Anyway -- total cost to me is $10 ... so did good by me and lived up to their service reputation.

Another happy customer

Awooga

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
And yet, should you have a problem with a ProVari that's under a year old, from what I've heard, it's possible that a repair would be completed without charge. While it's not the written policy, it's been done at least a couple times in practice. Bottom line is - good support, and a concern over quality and reliability that you don't find in many manufacturers.

The warranty question is of great interest to me. I purchased my Provari from a former owner who apparently never graced the pages of any Provari thread that I can find. I was even sent the original purchase order and a Rewards card. I sent ProVape an email before it arrived and asked if the 1 year warranty would be extended to me since the Provari is only 2 months old. I know I will not have to use it but just was curious. I was under the impression that the warranty followed the merchandise and not the person. Anyhow, I was told no it would not transfer so that's that.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
And yet, should you have a problem with a ProVari that's under a year old, from what I've heard, it's possible that a repair would be completed without charge. While it's not the written policy, it's been done at least a couple times in practice. Bottom line is - good support, and a concern over quality and reliability that you don't find in many manufacturers.

Ditto. The official statement is that the warranty is only valid for the original owner, but I've also heard of plenty of times where a second-hand Provari has been repaired under warranty. They don't have to honor it, but it sounds like a lot of times they do anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread