2nd Edition Cartomizers review

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikings

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Malaysia
How often were you hitting it? And do you think that had any effect on how fast it "burnt"?

To be fair, I'm not very patient when it comes to using cartos....so that could have been an issue. I took mainly 3-4 sec drags every 10 seconds or so. That could have contributed to the burning taste/smell.

IMHO, these seem to run a little hotter than your standard 510 atty....so not sure if that could be an issue too.

oettinger

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
Tampa, Fl.
To be fair, I'm not very patient when it comes to using cartos....so that could have been an issue. I took mainly 3-4 sec drags every 10 seconds or so. That could have contributed to the burning taste/smell.

IMHO, these seem to run a little hotter than your standard 510 atty....so not sure if that could be an issue too.

I CHAIN-vape regular premium and CoolCartos ALL day, and do not get these problems. I can hook up a V4L prefilled to my PT and suck that bugger dry before I get the "burning" or acrid taste as some call it. Having to wait between drags is a no-go for me being a person that smoked 3 packs a day before I started vaping. I would chain-smoke lighting one off of the other ALL day, the waiting game is why I HATE normal ATTYS with carts, and driping is too much hassle.

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
I ordered some of each, the 510, 808 and 808-d1. Still waiting for them.

After I ordered them I saw some of the negative reviews and tried to cancel. After several e-mail exchanges with the company, they sent me an e-mail saying that they saw no reason why they should cancel the order and then said that if I did, they would never allow me to order for their site again!

I have the e-mail of this threat. Really nice company to do business with huh?

After the ones we got that were really bad, a couple of vapes and the burning smell, and taste I emailed them to let them know, and also asked to return them.
They stated they did not see a problem with them and everyone else loves them.
I explained that the wick doesnt stay wet long enough, and that the ones that came in some kits had leaked already.
They told me to only draw on it once every minute, to stop it.

Now that isn's going to work.
My last order I ensured I got the old carts, as these are really not work having, I have already thrown 10 out testing them to see if it was just a couple of faulty ones.

When it came to filling you need a very tiny syringe, and then the juice is too thick to go through it!

The prefilled ones I purchased I have also had others complain about the taste and burn after the first few minutes of use. If it is left for a while and the wick is able to get saturated it isnt too bad, but it doesnt happen quick enough, for normal vaping.

rasci2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2009
Kissimmee, Fl
Don't count them completely out just yet. There are many revisions to these on the line right now. We've had some great success with the latest version out, but there's even more coming soon.
I just don't see why the consumer has to be the tester at his expense. I have followed the other thread on this forum about these cartos and am amazed and the number of revisions based on the input of the forum. Shouldn't the manufacturer do all the testing and then release a final products that works properly?

naviathan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Stella, NC
corepcsolutions.com
I just don't see why the consumer has to be the tester at his expense. I have followed the other thread on this forum about these cartos and am amazed and the number of revisions based on the input of the forum. Shouldn't the manufacturer do all the testing and then release a final products that works properly?

Supposedly they are doing their own testing. They probably test the pieces on their own batteries built with their own specs, so of course there will be issues that will come out once the US sees them. We have a bad habit of wanting everything bullet proof..lol

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
I don't see that as a bad habit I think it is the consumers right to expect something to work as advertised. And from the more than 2,000 posts about these cartos this does not seem to be the case.

Im not to sure about that, trying to keep count there is about 15 people that dont like them and about 25 that do.

and we are all using the older revisions.
They have decided to use only ceramics for the cup , they have loosened the coil around the wick and widened the slots and eliminated the glue from the cartomizer. we will review them and let you know.

naviathan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Stella, NC
corepcsolutions.com
I don't see that as a bad habit I think it is the consumers right to expect something to work as advertised. And from the more than 2,000 posts about these cartos this does not seem to be the case.

You know, I realize sarcasm is difficult to transpose over a text based forum, but seriously? Did you honestly think I truly thought that was a "bad" habit?

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
Supposedly they are doing their own testing. They probably test the pieces on their own batteries built with their own specs, so of course there will be issues that will come out once the US sees them. ...

They probably do test them with Dekang and Ecopure, they have clearly recommended that people use that on the ce2.

Have you or anyone heard when their LED batteries will ship out?
It's August already. Also, are they the new 3.3volts that last longer than the 3.7-4.2? (on the KR808d1versions--because it says they also make them in 510, etc.

naviathan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Stella, NC
corepcsolutions.com
They probably do test them with Dekang and Ecopure, they have clearly recommended that people use that on the ce2.

Have you or anyone heard when their LED batteries will ship out?
It's August already. Also, are they the new 3.3volts that last longer than the 3.7-4.2? (on the KR808d1versions--because it says they also make them in 510, etc.

I know nothing about an LED battery. I know an LED is a light emitting diode, but beyond that, no idea.

WiηgC¤mmαηdεя

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2009
Dieppe, NB
Well, I received my CE2 510 cartomizers today, was shipped July 29th.

I am sorry to say that of the 60(12 packs) I ordered that 3 were of the 7 hole revision, and the rest were the 3 hole revision.
All the cartomizers have the narrow slots/cuts for the coil/wick in the cup(checked one cartomizer from each pack)

So far I have experienced the bad taste on initial use, and the dry coil metallic taste after around 3 drags on each type.

Thanks to those that received these revisions earlier that provided
ideas/workarounds I was able to to get these cartomizers to work very well.

Did a 20 min soak in vinegar after removing the outer and inner caps, and then a 20 min soak in boiled water. Rinsed, shook out the water and dry burned till coil went red. This fixed the bad taste issue - verified by the wife, used the juice from the same bottle for the initial fill and the fill after cleaning.

Used a precision screwdriver to gently open up the slots to relieve the pressure on the wick and replaced the inner cap with the cap from a 510 soft top cartomizer(Boge) to act as a O-ring and a T-Tip instead of the end cap. This seems to have fixed the wicking problem and can vape away without problems.

All in all I am pleased with the cartomizers performance after tweaking, and I do understand that these issues are supposed to be being worked on by the manufacturer, but I am disappointed that I seem to have received the older revisions since I cannot forward samples to fellow Canadian vapers to try straight from the package.

I am not sure if this is the case but I think It may be that I am from Canada and not the the US and had some of the older stock sent:(.

I will order again later on once the product has matured since when I get them working right they are better than my old cartomizers in taste and vapor production.

All the best, Happy Vaping,
Wing.

naviathan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Stella, NC
corepcsolutions.com
WiηgC¤mmαηdεя;1699255 said:
Well, I received my CE2 510 cartomizers today, was shipped July 29th.

I am sorry to say that of the 60(12 packs) I ordered that 3 were of the 7 hole revision, and the rest were the 3 hole revision.
All the cartomizers have the narrow slots/cuts for the coil/wick in the cup(checked one cartomizer from each pack)

So far I have experienced the bad taste on initial use, and the dry coil metallic taste after around 3 drags on each type.

Thanks to those that received these revisions earlier that provided
ideas/workarounds I was able to to get these cartomizers to work very well.

Did a 20 min soak in vinegar after removing the outer and inner caps, and then a 20 min soak in boiled water. Rinsed, shook out the water and dry burned till coil went red. This fixed the bad taste issue - verified by the wife, used the juice from the same bottle for the initial fill and the fill after cleaning.

Used a precision screwdriver to gently open up the slots to relieve the pressure on the wick and replaced the inner cap with the cap from a 510 soft top cartomizer(Boge) to act as a O-ring and a T-Tip instead of the end cap. This seems to have fixed the wicking problem and can vape away without problems.

All in all I am pleased with the cartomizers performance after tweaking, and I do understand that these issues are supposed to be being worked on by the manufacturer, but I am disappointed that I seem to have received the older revisions since I cannot forward samples to fellow Canadian vapers to try straight from the package.

I am not sure if this is the case but I think It may be that I am from Canada and not the the US and had some of the older stock sent:(.

I will order again later on once the product has matured since when I get them working right they are better than my old cartomizers in taste and vapor production.

All the best, Happy Vaping,
Wing.

I'm disappointed as well that you seem to have received a mixed bag on these this far along in the game. Lets see what we can do about that.

EDIT: I just realized you're from Canada. I can't speak for anything shipped to Canada as all the information I received on what was to be shipped when was related to the US. However, I don't see why something more can't be done to get at least the packages of the 7 hole cartos replaced. It will probably be in your next order however. I might alone in this, but I can understand the position they've taken on shipping charges. It's very expensive to ship these things and they're willing to replace the products, but paying for the shipping for the replacements would sink their boat at the moment.

Last edited:

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
I'm disappointed as well that you seem to have received a mixed bag on these this far along in the game. Lets see what we can do about that.

EDIT: I just realized you're from Canada. I can't speak for anything shipped to Canada as all the information I received on what was to be shipped when was related to the US. However, I don't see why something more can't be done to get at least the packages of the 7 hole cartos replaced. It will probably be in your next order however. I might alone in this, but I can understand the position they've taken on shipping charges. It's very expensive to ship these things and they're willing to replace the products, but paying for the shipping for the replacements would sink their boat at the moment.

It still should be improved. What if you have friends or family outside of the U.S.?

WiηgC¤mmαηdεя

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2009
Dieppe, NB

I do understand their position on the shipping and will order again, was just disappointed that all the cartomizers I received seem to be of the earliest revisions they did.
I did send a polite email to sales@e-liquid.cn about the situation and included my ECF name so they could see that I had been following the development of the cartomizers and new revisions prior to sending payment for my order.
Will see what she replies next week.

EDIT: they have responded to my email and are politely discussing the issue with me.

All the best, Happy vaping,
Wing.

Last edited:

naviathan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Stella, NC
corepcsolutions.com
WiηgC¤mmαηdεя;1699893 said:
I do understand their position on the shipping and will order again, was just disappointed that all the cartomizers I received seem to be of the earliest revisions they did.
I did send a polite email to sales@e-liquid.cn about the situation and included my ECF name so they could see that I had been following the development of the cartomizers and new revisions prior to sending payment for my order.
Will see what she replies next week.

EDIT: they have responded to my email and are politely discussing the issue with me.

All the best, Happy vaping,
Wing.

That's good to hear. I hope they work it out with you in a timely and reasonable manner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread