901 & 801 lr atty help

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I agree baldie, When it comes to forums, Ikenvape Forum is the greatest place to be! With people like Isaac, Switched, WitchWay, VaporMadness... you will get best advice possible regarding any vaping related issue you may have. I have learned more here than any other places combined!

Thank you for the kind words. You should know that I'm stumbling around as much as any other trying to figure out how to get the most out of these things. If anything I have to say should help, I'm glad that it does... and that's a drop in the bucket compared to the help that I have received especially in the IkenVape corner of the world.

I really don't know how to help here since LR801 atties give me the best of everything, best TH, best flavor and best vapor production, all in one package. I personally haven't noticed 901 offering quicker vapor production. I know that Isaac loves 901s so maybe he can enlighten us more about the difference and advantages.

I'm quickly becoming a big fan of the LR801 too! It produces smoother richer vapor than the LR510, and its better at tobacco flavors than the LR901 if you ask me... and those bacco flavors are my bread and butter. The big carts are the trickiest to get a handle on though! I think I've finally got it dialed in now, hallelujah foam, and I'm really diggin it. Powerful LR hits attached to a long(er) lasting cart == a higher level of vaping nirvana.

Now... I can only pray that WitchWay comes up with that ever lasting cart spell ;)

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
1st off OMG then followed by an
e2954b35.gif

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I would pay money to watch Isaac"s face as he is reading your post, lol.

All right, back to flooding the atty. I agree, and I blow out my atties usually twice a day, in the afternoon and at night, just to always have nice clean juice inside. But here's what I'm asking: Let's say someone has been vaping for 5 minutes with a fresh clean atty, they flood it and are not in a position to blow out the juice. Would simply turning the atty upside down for a couple of minutes let the atty unflood itself or is it absolutely required to blow through it? Also, is it better to blow through the cart end, the battery end, or does it matter? Thanks.
I'll answer the last part first. To be quite honest, I do not know. Personally I think is what works, I think that folks who profess to blow from the batt end way might be spreading a myth more than anything else. Mind you that is entirely my opinion.

When I first started vaping, it was said to be sacrilege to even think of blowing them out from the cart end, as you may driving the gunk through the tiny holes and possibly blocking them. That argument had merit. OTOH...

I found that blowing through the batt end didn't adequately do the job. I do believe it to be a waste of liquid flipping them over every night and allowing to drain on tissue though, and may actually assist in caking them up quicker (not being kept moist).

Blowing from the batt end also only blows out the cup, my rationale is that blowing out the metal mesh allows for relatively clean fluid to be forced out assisting in the flushing process, preventing crud from building there also.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
*SNIP

I really don't know how to help here since LR801 atties give me the best of everything, best TH, best flavor and best vapor production, all in one package. I personally haven't noticed 901 offering quicker vapor production. I know that Isaac loves 901s so maybe he can enlighten us more about the difference and advantages.
I really don't know either, because I haven't used the 2 Ohm attys, so the remainder is pure speculation.

The quickest atty out of the holster is the 510, in my experience anyway. If comparing the 901 against the 801, then yes perhaps it is a little quicker, but that is not its chief advantage IMHO. More to follow...

*SNIP
I'm quickly becoming a big fan of the LR801 too! It produces smoother richer vapor than the LR510, and its better at tobacco flavors than the LR901 if you ask me... and those bacco flavors are my bread and butter. The big carts are the trickiest to get a handle on though! I think I've finally got it dialed in now, hallelujah foam, and I'm really diggin it. Powerful LR hits attached to a long(er) lasting cart == a higher level of vaping nirvana.

Now... I can only pray that WitchWay comes up with that ever lasting cart spell ;)
... and that would be an accurate description of the 801. Let's see if we can't dissect was is going on:

• all attys were pretty much created equal at one point and had a resistance of 3-3.5Ohms (from what I have gathered) so please correct me if I am wrong;
  • the 801 "penstyle" was favoured for its carrying capacity. It also provided the richest flavours, but also the "wettest" flavours. Vapour production was OK, but not something to write home about. Air flow was from the bottom of the atty up;
  • the 901 provided for a more "airier" draw (side fed). It provided a "cooler" vape because of this. It makes sense, but had a noticeable decrease in flavour because we were drawing more air in. This also diminished the TH somewhat; and
  • the 510 which was bottom fed but had an increase air flow area, and could be vaped almost like a cigarette, whilst the other two required the vaper to draw slow and long; then
  • came the LR 510 which wasn't called that at the time. A 2.2-2.5 Ohm atty man that thing was a mule kick in comparison with the others.
    • It provided a warm vapor mimicking cigarettes.
    • It provided great TH, almost a coarse vapor some would say, in comparison with the 801.
    • Although a noticeable decreased in flavour when compared to the 801, the other two factors compensated for the overall "smoking" feeling. The latter is what has been reported by those at the time SLBs and JoyE 510s were finding atty A and B was hit and miss. Those who were loking for the new improved kid on the block (what we call a stock atty these days) were often met with great frustration.
  • and the popularity and hype over the 510 left the other two attys in the dust, more or less.
Each have their own place in our vaping arsenal IMHO. I would expect their performance at lower resistance to be similar to the parent product, and not vastly (maybe too strong a word) dissimilar. I am not a fan of the 901 because I find it too finicky, but I do enjoy the mildness of the atty when compared to the other two first thing in the morning. Now some folks report that they are getting greater TH from them when compared to the 510. That is nothing more than subjective hype and spoken by someone who suffers from permanent sphincter asphyxiation, IMHO

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Sorry guys, today has just been ridiculous. Lots of stuff going on at fast paces.
Times like these, I wish that i logged these Q and A's lol. As always Switch did nail it. :cheers:

801 Penstyle geared towards flavor, to be used in long smooth drags or direct inhaling purposes. It would be considered the Hookah of Atomizers from it's long hefty size. It can hold the most liquid than the other 2 products of discussion. It's size is built with purpose for airflow and is available in a few different variations. 1-hole, 2-hole, 4-hole, and 2 massive holes. The ventilation holes reside on the bottom of the atomizer and can be seen from a stance in only a few of them. The Flaws of this unit other than the size (which is a preference) is Minimal actual feel (TH) and Vapor production varies by model, and due from the massive cartridge, this atomizer can leak horribly.

510 model: Derived from the Joye 306. Built to give the most realistic cigarette simulation. Delivering a powerful blow in actual feeling and blasting plumes of vapor. It's the smallest of the main three and yet the strongest. It is made in a few variations by a few manufactures. The original is the model from Joye. The 510 model was so impressive that it spanned across multiple manufactures and has rightfully taken it's at the throne of atomizers. Its flaws entail, lack of flavor.

901, one of the Atoms in existence from Sailebao. The 901 takes the 801 and 510 and pits them together. This atomizer is the medium of the three, giving the best of both worlds. Even though the cartridge is small, the juice consumption is almost par with the bigger 510 model. Where the 510 strips flavor, the 901 delivers and where the 801 lacks in actual feel, the 901 will deliver a nice blow. It has 75% of the 510's vapor production around 70% of the 801's flavor. The 901 has been remade by various manufactures just like it's cousins 510 and 801. However imitation 901 atomizers are quicker to burn and they're also suffer a lifespan/ The flaws for 901 is more of a "little less" situation. moderate vapor,flavor and actual feel, smaller cartridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread