A big shout out to supportive spouses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I have to give a big YEAH to having a supportive non smoking spouse! I have posted a few times but have not officially introduced myself.

Hi, I'm Robin and I am a nicotine addict. My journey with vaping begins with my husband suggesting an e-cig for when we travel. Little did he know what he got himself into with that suggestion about 2 months ago.:laugh: I started researching e-cigs and found ECF, which by the way is a FANTASTIC site, where I proceeded to read, and read, and read for hours, days on end. Thank you all for having such wonderfully helpful members!

Well all my research led me to getting an eGo C kit plus two Twists 650 and 1000. I was (YAY I can say was!) a pack a day smoker and from the day I received my kit I dropped down to 5 cigs almost immediately. As of yesterday (17 days into vaping) I am now down to three and am looking forward to 0 in time.

I am at the point where I am tired of filling those cartridges that came with the kit, I am ready to get the Vision Vivi Nova and here is where the supportive spouse really kicks in. I really was hesitant about upgrading so soon after getting the kit but my wonderful husband (OMG I am getting teary) said (just this morning) that this is all new and to go ahead and get what you need to get off the cigs. He is amazed at how well this is working for me (me too!). He has watched me go through all the other ways to try to quit smoking. When I first decided to get the kit he said to keep track of expenses to see if it really is worth the switch and while he was saying this his brain was working and realized in the same sentence that vaping would be better for my health.

I now have the Vision Vivi Nova on order and will do more research on where to get the wick and wire to rebuild the coil and wick on the head. OMG I never thought I would EVER see myself doing that! I saw a YouTube on the GotVapes site where PBusardo reviewed the tank and towards the end he made a new wick and coil for the head. I actually think I can do that! This is the link in case anyone wants to see this. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see where the video is:

GotVapes VISION ViVi NOVA™ 3.5ml V2.5 REBUILDABLE TANK [gv-VIVINOVA-TANKV2.5] - $12.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

So that is my story. I love my hubby!
:hubba:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Cool story and even cooler hubby. So very glad you're doing so well.... you AND hubby both deserve a HUGE pat on the back. My wife, also a non smoker, has been simply amazing. If I need anything I ask her about it and her response is always, if you feel you need it then get it. Every weekend going to cottage she's always asking if I need to stop in on my vendor. We are so blessed having such strong support and I only wish more spouses were as supportive. You're going to LOVE the Vivi Nova.
The Very Best ofLuck and give hubby an extra hug tonight :)

Last edited:

GiMp LEg DoNKey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NC
The nova is very easy to recoil. As far as wick, go to walmart and get a roll of 100% cotton yarn (made by peaches and cream) for around $2.00 and that should be enough for a lifetime. I also bought a roll of 32g kanthal from silicawicks.com for $20.00 that should also be a lifetime supply. Congrats on your journey and I'm sure it is quite nice having such a supportive spouse!

chohan

Earthbound Misfit
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
NC Foothills
Congratulations Robino. Btw, that's the same youtube vid that got me started on rebuilding my first vivi nova head. I agree with Vapoor, we are blessed to have supportive spouses. My wife was so thrilled when I switched to vaping and saw that it was actually working for me. She has even offered to get me a satin black provari with green led for a christmas present since she knows how bad I'm jonesing for one. :w00t:

All the best and enjoy your vaping journey.

cheers,
cho

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
The nova is very easy to recoil. As far as wick, go to walmart and get a roll of 100% cotton yarn (made by peaches and cream) for around $2.00 and that should be enough for a lifetime. I also bought a roll of 32g kanthal from silicawicks.com for $20.00 that should also be a lifetime supply. Congrats on your journey and I'm sure it is quite nice having such a supportive spouse!

Sweet! Thanks for the tips. I was just getting ready to go searching for the supplies I would need. The tools I already have in Hubby's tool box which I will be raiding since he really doesn't use them all that much LOL.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Congratulations Robino. Btw, that's the same youtube vid that got me started on rebuilding my first vivi nova head. I agree with Vapoor, we are blessed to have supportive spouses. My wife was so thrilled when I switched to vaping and saw that it was actually working for me. She has even offered to get me a satin black provari with green led for a christmas present since she knows how bad I'm jonesing for one. :w00t:

All the best and enjoy your vaping journey.

cheers,
cho

I am thinking that the Provari is what I will be asking for for Christmas too! Hehe. Gotta love the support, it makes a world of difference I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread