A call to you veterans.. where do us newbies go next

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Mtn Vpr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2011
VT
First and most important IMHO is a few liquids you really dig and the right nic level so you are solid and satisfied vaping...then start exploring. Doesnt matter what you are vaping on if it isnt a flavor you really like and a nic that keeps you from cravings etc.

I would say next is an Ego and some LR cartos (Boge 2.0 or 1.7 Resurrectors) An Ego will give you most any option for carts, tanks, etc and LR cartos will give you an idea of some of the differences in flavors at different watts (it truly can make BIG differences) A good long lasting battery, a carto with some umphh, and a satisfying vape is a solid foundation and saves a lot of frustration, and although Egos lack a bit in the voltage they are reliable, lasting and allow endless possibilities.

If you find you like LR as many do, my recc would be to then go to VV which you can do affordably at first with an Ego Booster on your Ego batts or a simple vv box mod. VV was THE game changer for me...makes some flavors great that were 'meh', control the TH you want (which for me can vary), etc.

There are countless options...atties, cartos, tanks, clearos, feeders,tips, etc etc...get the basics down first like the PV(s) that meets your needs and then start playing with the toys.

I would also recommend skipping a few things as well:
Dual coils (weak hitter, flavor killers)
clearos in general (liquid hogs, constant futzing to work right, cracks, leaks, and funky tastes)
supposed VV batts (no real range, immediate drop off, wont give a real vv experience...sometimes adjusting by .1 or .2v can really make a diff. I havent tried the EVO though which seems to have better range at least)
any 808's that aren't Bloog MaxxFusions (or Volt) 808's a great starter and convenient as hell, but Bloog MF is WAY better technology

Hope this helped...and enjoy the journey!!!

(Disclaimer: These are my opinions and my hate it might be the next ones love it and vise versa...so no offense to clearo lovers etc.)

Last edited:

silverbullit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2012
NC Blue Ridge Foothills
Pbusardo (you tube-great reviewer) recommends Hoosier ecig supply for the KGO-watch video. Other vendors for best price: cartos-Vapelite for LR Boge 2.0, tanks-either Electronicstix or Atomic Vapors, and SmokTek or Mad Vapes have daily specials. Just some more possibilities for you to explore. Keep on vaping.

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
Hello Carldwen - VaporBeast, from Chicago Illinois has you covered! They offer free shipping and INCREADABLE SERVICE! Also they have some devices that fall right in line with what your looking for! I love the Bolt, Switchback, Vector Variable Volt and Smok Tech Ego! Have some FUN and visit the site! Also, consider a tank, they make your cartos last longer and juice tastes better with them! I live in Ca and use these guys, but since your in Illinois it will be even faster and more convent for you! I to have a v2 device and like it! Good choice for a standard e-cig kit!
http://www.vaporbeast.com/starter_kits_s/1513.htm

none

Verified Member
Jun 14, 2011
-27.196, 153.03
It seems most of us, when starting out want a e-cig that looks like a ciggarete.

The next step is what ever you want, anything from a Kgo to a provari and everything in between.

The real thing for me is upgrading atomizers from the;
1. 510 atty and carts to,
2. polyfill cartomizers to,
3. CE2s and
4. what I hope to get is a genesis atty, what I see as the ultimate

There are so many atomizer and cartomizer I have yet to try like the
Duel Coil Cartomizers
Triple Coil Cartomizers
306 Atomizers
901 Atomizers
etc...

so for me it was more about upgrading atomizers and less about the PVs

ManuDawg

Vape Proud
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
Long Beach Ca
If you are looking to stay with cigarette style and KR808 I would suggest the Smokeless Image Volt. Many people pick this as a starter kit and are completely satisfied long term with it. It produces very nice vapor and the horizontal coil cartomizers perform very well.

The next step would be a bigger battery much longer time between charging. If you want to stay with the 808 style threading I would agree with the X2 from Smokeless Image but if you want to switch to 510 threading, which is more common, I would recommend and Ego style battery. I personally have only used genuine Joye Egos. These batteries will allow for cartomizers but also allow for branching out into a tank system which offers the convenience of holding more e-liquid and filling less often.

Lastly would be the APV category. I, like many Vapers, went through a few APVs before I ended up with a Provari and now it is the only APV I use. I do still use my Egos when I want a more stealth Vape but I would say I use my Provaris 90% of the time.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
If you are looking to stay with cigarette style and KR808 I would suggest the Smokeless Image Volt. Many people pick this as a starter kit and are completely satisfied long term with it. It produces very nice vapor and the horizontal coil cartomizers perform very well.

The next step would be a bigger battery much longer time between charging. If you want to stay with the 808 style threading I would agree with the X2 from Smokeless Image but if you want to switch to 510 threading, which is more common, I would recommend and Ego style battery. I personally have only used genuine Joye Egos. These batteries will allow for cartomizers but also allow for branching out into a tank system which offers the convenience of holding more e-liquid and filling less often.

Lastly would be the APV category. I, like many Vapers, went through a few APVs before I ended up with a Provari and now it is the only APV I use. I do still use my Egos when I want a more stealth Vape but I would say I use my Provaris 90% of the time.

You can use 808 attys/cartos with better battery models like the Kgo or E-Power. You just need to use an adpter which costs all of about $3.00. Many of us use adapters. There are even ones so small they aren't even noticable.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
My new Megalodon connector comes with 510 and 808 threading. Should be be offered on all PV Kits when buying IMO. Sometimes those with a hard draw/ airflow problem find a fix in using an adapter because the "air/ breather" holes are different. My Don had tight air flow until I modded the connector. Sweet airy vape now.
My view on OP topic:
mini cig > 3.7 V PV > VV PV.
When potential new vapers ask me for advice I try to convince them to bypass the mini Ecig. I've got a couple of the minis and when I give it to new/ potential vapers to try they are impressed UNTIL they vape a Kgo...guess which one they buy?
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread