A Derlin Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
I use the 901 whistle tip on my unit (not one of your AVS's.... my own) and I don't have a problem with it.

But, my lovely wife is a TV A/C user (exclusively) and has not been able to use the mouthpieces because the liquid "softens" them and she gets the plastic aftertaste. She also gets the taste when she uses the liquid in the older CE2 cartomizers that had the plastic coil pot.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I have to think I would throw TV Atomic out of the game here, believe me I enjoy it very much but (not a daily vape) TV AC burns the paint right off of the Atomizers and anything it touches it affects, so yes this is one liquid that may not be the best in a Delrin tank but Im not possitive on this, AC surely has an additive in it that no other liquid has had that I have vaped that I have tasted, so I wouldn't change my opinion on just one liquid when there must be a thousand others that people vape, but its a good point scottbee but not a changing factor for me wanting Delrin, can you tell us your feeling on every other liquid you and the wife use and how the plastic does vs Metal ? Let it be known I have always voted for and have campaigned for Stainless steel as my tank of choice as well, I would love to be able to test both the stainless and the Delrin and think it would be a viable option for me and many others to have a choice between these two so why not make them both is my feeling here.

I have to fully agree with Scottbe on the stainless as well and if you look at all of my post from the past I have always said that my vote would be for a high grade of stainless steel for the use of a tank and it still is. However as of late with many of the different liquids I have been DIY'ing and using, a Delrin Dripping tip is my choice over Stainless Steel. I thought to myself (hey why not a Delrin tank as well ) and thus coming up with the idea. Imeo one of my suggestions was to have a Delrin INSERT for the stainless Steel tank, and someone else had also mentioned this last night too, maybe it is one way we could go here in order for us to have BOTH Stainless Steel & Delrin by having a drop in insert from Delrin. Either way it is done I personally along with many others feel we would love to have a Delrin tank. I believe a Beta tank is in order here so we can test this option of Delrin & Stainless Steel. I have brought this Idea to the table only to provide a better vaping experience from my experience testing and using so many different products and feel this would be a super way to go using these high quality materials. We could see once and for all which is the best tasting, and it very well may be both Delrin and Stainless and for all the vapers to have a choice would also be best since taste is so subjective. Imeo How about you turn one from Delrin & one from Stailess it couldn't be that hard for you to do as nice of a job as you do with these tanks, you wouldn't have to change any specs on the Lathe but just use a different material (Delrin) & (Stainless Steel)

Zaiden

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
Ohio
I have to ask the question. If people want this...why not make it? That is a crazy way to do business...you have a demand, fill it. What product have you never not sold out of Imeo? Your products are amazing and choices is what everyone wants. I can't help but go back to my original idea...selling parts for the GG line in material of choice. Sigh. Sound like a losing argument.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
Now wait a minute, mwa/Matt, I have heard you offer yourself time and again to beta test a Delrin tank (don't you wish you could change the header's spelling?!?!?!:laugh:) after I offered:

I have to say the a Delrin tank is a good idea, mwa's lining idea would the attractive way to go, or maybe clear Delrin. The one thought overriding this for me is that I hate the taste of beer and soda in cans, I would rather have glass but plastic seems to impart less aftertaste. One of the reasons I got a clear tank was I was considering the taste. So, to be generous with my time and chain vaping habits, let me offer myself to test Imeo's first beta unit -- damn I'm so giving!!!:laugh:QUOTE]

Now, its your idea and crusade and everything but I asked first! :lol::lol::lol::lol: Maybe two should be built -- but then it would be three, then four, then everyone will want one!!!:laugh: Oh yeah, that's what the whole thread is about!:)

Imeo, I'm just kidding about the beta testing for me, just want you to know I ain't begging, just having fun! However, I DO agree with mwa still, drop-in sleeves would make using the AVS so much easier, the competition can just change a bottle and go, especially if you want to switch flavors quickly.....:)

Last edited:

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
or just to throw another idea out there.... what about a thermally safe ceramic to replace the atty shell and the tank...(similar to the ceramic used as the pot in atties)....with whatever metal shell on the outside...

essentially it would be like moving and duplicating the ceramic pot IN an atty to the outside as a tank and the atty shell itself...we already know that it can handle the heat from the coil...

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
or just to throw another idea out there.... what about a thermally safe ceramic to replace the atty shell and the tank...(similar to the ceramic used as the pot in atties)....with whatever metal shell on the outside...

essentially it would be like moving and duplicating the ceramic pot IN an atty to the outside as a tank and the atty shell itself...we already know that it can handle the heat from the coil...

I hadn't noticed that that was ever suggested -- ceramics are the wave of the future always and preferable to the Delrin, cost is probably the only prohibitive factor unless pieces are mass-produced IMO.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
ripple, competition is funny mods of squeezing bottles. You cant compare AVS with those. AVS is something much more different.

I see that some people here are asking from other people to make AVS from different materials. Guys, dont you think that you are going too far with this? AVS is a GG product. If anyone else want to make a feeding system is free to do it. AVS is a GG property and noone has the right to make or sell it. If anyone wants to do it he has to contact me first and if I agree and I get paid for this then I will allow it. Its the second time that I say this and I dont want to say it a third one.

There are some safe materials that AVS tank can be made of. The one of them is aluminium that AVS is made already. The other one is the nickel that I am making now. Ceramics or steel or other things are safe too. That doesnt mean that we have to make tanks from all those materials, its useless and a funny thought. I will make what I think its better and when I will deside to make custom GG then you can ask me for anything.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
  • Deleted by imeothanasis

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California