• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

A Shrine

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxTrouble

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Near Dallas, Texas
Oh not sure if yall have heard of her. But Brett Butler. I have always wondered about her. She had a tv series "Grace Under Fire". Plus she is a pretty funny comedian.

Attachments

• bettbulter.jpg
    bettbulter.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 78

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
Oh not sure if yall have heard of her. But Brett Butler. I have always wondered about her. She had a tv series "Grace Under Fire". Plus she is a pretty funny comedian.

I LOVE her! It's that smart a** irreverent attitude. I don't know why I am so drawn to that attitude. It didn't work for Roseanne though, or Sandra Bernhard.

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I'm back with some more Judge Judy adoration ... in fact, I think I'm in love ;)

She said this about gay marriage:

"Who is it hurting? You know, my grandmother used to say who is it hurting? So, I ask you, Larry, if you have two adults and they happen to both be of the same sex and they love each other and they want to set up a home with each other they have as much of a shot as heterogeneous couples do. Fifty-two percent of marriages end in divorce, you know. So if it works it works. If it doesn't, it doesn't. And if it's important for them to use the word marriage, rather than civil union or whatever other language that some people would prefer that they use I ask you it's not hurting me. It doesn't impact on my life. Why is there such a big fuss about it? Why are people so invested in it? I just don't get the negativity. I don't get it."

'Judge Judy' blesses gay marriage, causing us to question our 'People's Court' preference - Good As You:: Gay and Lesbian Activism With a Sense of Humor

YouTube - Judyism: Judge Judy At Her Best

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
Here is another. I don't know how she got into my mind to write this. Annie is just phenomenal.

Oh yes, Annie is one of the best (of course I'm biased because she's from my town). An amazing four octave range.

I will never forget the Freddie Mercury tribute concert when she did a song with Bowie and her having stunning hair, makeup and outfit:

PN006069.jpg

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
Oh yes, Annie is one of the best (of course I'm biased because she's from my town). An amazing four octave range.

I will never forget the Freddie Mercury tribute concert when she did a song with Bowie and her having stunning hair, makeup and outfit:

PN006069.jpg

Her appearance is ALWAYS stunning. The one stuck in my brain is the look from her "Sweet Dreams" video. The blazing pink crew cut with the suit and the baton. Yowzas!

Kitabz

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2009
UK
Her appearance is ALWAYS stunning. The one stuck in my brain is the look from her "Sweet Dreams" video. The blazing pink crew cut with the suit and the baton. Yowzas!

And that was the first record I ever bought!

I heard her in an interview once saying that she was stopped by immigration whilst entering the USA around that time because they thought she was a man in semi-drag.

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
And that was the first record I ever bought!

I heard her in an interview once saying that she was stopped by immigration whilst entering the USA around that time because they thought she was a man in semi-drag.

Yeah, women in semi-drag is still a relatively new phenomenon for the mainstream world. It is a way of life for me. Androgeny is one of my favorite character traits - in myself and in others. I also tend to like strong women (and by strong I don't mean physical strength so much as an attitude of confidence and personal power - like Judge Judy) and affectionate men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread