• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

A Shrine

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
For the most fantastic voice and for singing "I'm Down to My Last Cigarette" on the excellent album "Shadowland" it's got to be:

11_953c88616bd6322f0acde3969482decc.jpg

OMG. Her voice is incredible. She is so well suited to the torchy, bluesy, soulful sounds of "Shadowland" and "Absolute Torch and Twang". I miss that horribly. I have not liked one album after "Ingenue". They all got too upbeat and singsongy - it feels like a waste of her talent.

First.... I actually was on an Iceland Air flight from Stockholm to Keflavik with Jóhanna Sigurðardóttir!!! She sat one row behind me in business class.... me and my co workers were spread throughout the business class cabin and the flight attendants all asked us to sit together because they had a VIP that would be boarding and needed a few rows between us and her empty for her privacy. I knew who she was immediately and got to shake her hand!

Now, Im totally prepared to get flamed for this, LOL.... But I just ADORE Neal Patrick Harris! I know I know.... I have issues! ;-)

Kona

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Kona, Hawai'i
www.gpmkona.com
Since this thread started as a shrine/homage to Sistah Kate and all that she represents, I thought i would post a couple shots of some fabulous sisters of a different sort: Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence. I wonder if they have made it over to your side of the pond?

Generous to a fault, like Kate, in her way with this forum, the SPI have probably done more than any other organization in educating people about AIDS, with supreme compassion and fabulous sense of humor...

My first attempt at posting pics, so lets see what happens...

Aloha,
GP

Hmmm, I see that it is just posting thumbnails, that upon clicking, gives a reduced version (due to the 20kb max, I guess). How might I put actual images in here? Or would it be better just to link to the full size originals on my website??? Mahalo for any info...

See below, thanks to Nicowolf!:thumb:

Last edited:

nicowolf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2008
near Akron, OH, USA
Hmmm, I see that it is just posting thumbnails, that upon clicking, gives a reduced version (due to the 20kb max, I guess). How might I put actual images in here? Or would it be better just to link to the full size originals on my website??? Mahalo for any info...

If the images are on a website, you can copy the url for the page and then come here. In your toolbar to Reply to Thread, there is a button to insert image. When you click it, you will be prompted for a url. You just paste your url in there, and then make sure that "http://" only shows up once at the beginning. I store images on photobucket for this.

Kona

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Kona, Hawai'i
www.gpmkona.com
I have heard of the SPI Kona, I thought they were started in the UK.

Great cat pic, thanks :)

You are very welcome...

Actually, the SPI originated in San Francisco (no surprise) in 1979. The UK order came about in London, 1990, from what I read in the "Sistory."

Here's a link, if you are interested:
Sistory :: The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, Inc.

Vape on, with Aloha,
GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread