A tobacco e-cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
My JantyStick still works pretty good, and the Kissbox I'm using has the same cart/atomizer size. But the General Mini Mint is definitely smaller than the Camel snus pouch, so a Camel might not fit. Can't wait to try. The snus are really slick and mine didn't tear up even when I took it out after about 10 hours of use.

It is possible that Camel has a weaker pouch than General. The quality of the bag material does vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Some feel like onion-skin paper; others like cloth.

Hope you get to try it. The flavor was good, but I imagine the nicotine was nowhere near what we get from normal nic carts.

Harry Crazington

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
Las Vegas
The flavor was good, but I imagine the nicotine was nowhere near what we get from normal nic carts.

Hi TBob...well I can't say for sure but...after getting off work early this afternoon and being clear headed (or as much so as feels normal) I used my ecig with my herbal medication prepared the same way as these snus/tobacco methods and vaped while doing my computer work and WOW, I can really feel the herbal effects as much as when I burn or vaporize the herbs in a conventional vaporizer.
So if I'm getting close to normal effects doing my meds in the eCig with herbs then it seems we could be getting a good dose of nicotine with tobacco or snus with this method too.

rejoice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
USA KY
I just tried this with Camel snus mellow. Lots of vapor,but I do not like the mellow that well. I got the camel in a pen carts by folding it a Little and using some tweezers to push it down. A while back I ordered some snus on line and got it out and its too old. It is kinda hard. My question is what tobacco flavor is the best tasting?? Would like to order the mini tobacco snus. I think the snus has a more of a kick than the juices. I did all this with a new atomizer to not mix any flavor with any of my e-liquid.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
As of today, Swedish Camel (very different from American Camel) and Lucky Strike can no longer be shipped to America. RJR was ticked off, although the brand names are properly licensed for global use. Both of those had good tobacco taste and Lucky came in a white mini size. Scratch those two.

I like Romeo y Julieta Senorita, a white mini with a good tobacco taste, but you may find that one unavailable because it contains Cuban tobacco, embargoed in America.

That leaves one of the oldest, and best, snus: Ettan. I normally use regular Ettan portions but believe they have a mini. That mini might be a good bet to fit penstyle or smaller carts.

I do not like the taste of most Swedish snus. My personal suggestion is to order the tasteless Wine&Dine by Oomph. It's 6mg and packs a powerful nicotine kick. It should fit most carts.

Last edited:
I just ordered some small packages at:

Mini Portion Snus - GetSnus.com

There's 10 portions in a pack and I ordered 4 different flavors. They are 4 grams...hope that size is OK, is it?

I have the 24g size (it was a free sample tin) and they are definitely too big for the carts. I'm assuming when it is talking about grams they are talking about size...right?

I ordered: Discreet Cool Mint Portion
Single 1 $0.99 $0.99
Discreet Emerald Ice Portion
Single 1 $0.99 $0.99
Discreet Peach Portion
Single 1 $0.99 $0.99
Discreet Strawberry Portion
Single

So that's 4 different flavors. Hope I did right, did I?

boondongle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2009
Doylestown, Pa
I happened to have some cans of Camel Snus around the house. The company sent me coupons for free cans several times, so I picked up both flavors, and didn't end up liking either, as they both gave me hiccups and heartburn.

In any case, I thought I might be able to use them, based on the information in this thread. The size being the relative concern, I just tried an experiment. I carefully pushed the tobacco to the ends of the rectangular pouch, folded it in half, then cut it across the short axis. Then I emptied out a bit of the tobacco to leave more room. One at a time, I ironed the open ends of the pouches, moistening them occasionally. The seal seemed at least somewhat sturdy, so I went ahead and tried the half-sized pouches. Still no good for me, as the heartburn and hiccups started right up even with the reduced size.

This technique might be useful for fitting Camel Snus into smaller cartridges, however. I'll see if I can find a local vendor for VG in my area, and give the original trick a shot.

WinningQuitter

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
A2 MI
If you used a half one, how did you cover the open end or did you just leave it open? Did you split it before soaking it? This is really messy, so I think I must be doing something wrong.

I didn't really "cover" it, I just squeezed out enough snus that I could twist the open end together and then put the twisted end in the side of the cart by my mouth. I hope that makes sense, I re-wrote it like five times and I'm still not sure :)

I wouldn't suggest slitting them open, or using loose snus. That would endanger your atomizer.

I know this is a total nub question, probably answered a hundred times all over the forum and I should RTFM, yadda yadda, but here goes anyway :)

Are there any tell tale signs that you're about to kill your atty? I noticed an odd flavor and lessened vape towards the end of the evening last night, and just chalked it up to the snus "cooking" inside there maybe, but maybe I should order some more attys now just in case?

Thanks again, I'm really enjoying this!

WQ

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
My atomizers have sometimes tapered off vapor, but also died suddenly. One minute they worked; dead the next minute. For me, they last about two months. For Trog, one week. As the fine print says, 'Your results may vary.'

Sharon: I did remember I have four packages of Discreet lying around, sent to me as samples. I opened an Emerald Ice (spearmint?) and plopped one in a spoon partly filled with vegetable glycerine. I don't turn it or move it around. Let it soak up the liquid and watch as it changes color until it's almost black when saturated.

And it works. I can distinctly taste the mint flavor. Plenty of vapor.

The Discreet snus is small enough to slide snugly into the penstyle cart. In future attempts, I am going to roll the snus into a log before inserting it. A log shape should work better than twisting and poking it into place. Discreet is the right size, however.

My atomizers have sometimes tapered off vapor, but also died suddenly. One minute they worked; dead the next minute. For me, they last about two months. For Trog, one week. As the fine print says, 'Your results may vary.'

Sharon: I did remember I have four packages of Discreet lying around, sent to me as samples. I opened an Emerald Ice (spearmint?) and plopped one in a spoon partly filled with vegetable glycerine. I don't turn it or move it around. Let it soak up the liquid and watch as it changes color until it's almost black when saturated.

And it works. I can distinctly taste the mint flavor. Plenty of vapor.

The Discreet snus is small enough to slide snugly into the penstyle cart. In future attempts, I am going to roll the snus into a log before inserting it. A log shape should work better than twisting and poking it into place. Discreet is the right size, however.

Thanks TB! I appreciate the answer and now I feel pretty good about ordering this stuff.

laughterhouse

Aug 5, 2009
USA
I bought a pack of "Eclipse" brand cigarettes from a Quik Trip a couple years back, and they were really interesting. They look like cigarettes, but on the very end there is small coal that you light. When you take a drag, the heat from the coal vaporizes the tobacco. The cigarettes don't get smaller and you don't have to tap ash off them either.

I don't think they are much healthier than regular cigarettes but I thought I would mention them since it's relevant to the topic and they're pretty interesting. Has anybody else seen these?

BluLtspcl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2009
In the Wind
Thanks! Your posts are very interesting, enlightening and fun. Never heard of "snus" in my life... and I am almost 49 in a few days.

I'm thinking of checking American Spirit tobacco since that is what I've been smoking. I am new to this and was reluctant to share vapes with my sister (who really needs to quit smoking and wants to) because I was worried the FDA would end this forever, just as I got started. All this info on getting the nic and vapes with currently approved "components" is a relief. I have really been enjoying my vapes.

Thanks again for the info... from others, too.

BluLtspcl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2009
In the Wind
I bought a pack of "Eclipse" brand cigarettes from a Quik Trip a couple years back, and they were really interesting. They look like cigarettes, but on the very end there is small coal that you light. When you take a drag, the heat from the coal vaporizes the tobacco. The cigarettes don't get smaller and you don't have to tap ash off them either.

I don't think they are much healthier than regular cigarettes but I thought I would mention them since it's relevant to the topic and they're pretty interesting. Has anybody else seen these?

I got a coupon to try these. Didn't care for them, personally but they were interesting. Didn't think they were still around... could check on the internet. Funny you mentioned these, I recalled the Eclipse a few days ago.

nocomply

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2009
Princeton, Indiana
I smoked a few packs of eclipse a few years ago. The taste, was horrible from what I remember. I tried to overcome, for a "lesser of two evils" mentality, but I couldn't choke them down.

Vaping somewhat reminds me of that experience with eclipse.

I only know this, being set on 510 supplies for 2+ years, "just in case" I gotta find a simple effective way to generate a liquid with nicotine, and this weekend is mad scientist time for me....

Hopefully TB's method will prove beneficial once I get to testing.

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
No way on shipping! I order all the time and never have paid that amount. You must have clicked that you wanted a roll or something. Frankly, before I ordered from Sweden, I'd try to find something local. Camel maybe? General has many stores in the U.S. where you can buy Mini Mint, which is what I've been using. Discreet is U.S. made and sold. All of these can be ordered from U.S. sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread