Acetyl Proprionyl, Diacetyl, Acetoine HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

vgnut

May 16, 2014
USA
I guess they are working on the acetyl propionyl and acetoin, but I'm not sure what that means, or if it will be disclosed. I'll ask about the 99% or 100% too.
I have a little twitch in my eye questioning if their test results will represent the exact same products I have in my closet. Its probably time to start getting creative in the kitchen. Then I'm like, why the hell am I going to put this artificial chemical crap in my food ?

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
I guess they are working on the acetyl propionyl and acetoin, but I'm not sure what that means, or if it will be disclosed. I'll ask about the 99% or 100% too.
I have a little twitch in my eye questioning if their test results will represent the exact same products I have in my closet. Its probably time to start getting creative in the kitchen. Then I'm like, why the hell am I going to put this artificial chemical crap in my food ?

ice cream

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
They are not saying anything about any juices that have 1% or less Diacetyl.
F.W - "The FDA does not require suppliers to disclose specific ingredients if the material falls under the maximum requirements. For Diatcetyl it is 1%"

we2rcool - "FYI- In a flavoring that has less than 1% (.6%) diacetyl/similar, when used at a mere 2% in a juice, we'd be vaping 1200 ppb."

Me - Flavor West recommends using 15-20% flavouring. The amount of Diacetyl increases when heated, as in put on an atomizer and vaped.

NIOSH - "NIOSH recommends that exposure to diacetyl be kept below a concentration of 5 parts per billion (ppb) as a time-weighted average (TWA) during a 40-hour work week. To further protect against effects of short-term exposures, NIOSH recommends a short-term exposure limit (STEL) for diacetyl of 25 ppb for a 15-minute time period. "

As far as testing goes, I believe they only said they would put COA's on their website, which they already did. So any info you're going to get from them is already available. I could be mistaken?

You - "This is of course assuming that some of the flavors may test positive."

You should read this entire thread:)

'Just want to clarify this (because we really do not want to be accused of making it seem worse than it already is)...

>>> we2rcool - "FYI- In a flavoring that has less than 1% (.6%) diacetyl/similar, when used at a mere 2% in a juice, we'd be vaping 1200 ppb."<<<

That should read: "we'd be vaping juice that contains 1200 ppb" - but that doesn't mean there'd be 1200ppb in the vapor that we're vaping.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Hi guys! I just seen this on facebook. We have just received 13 new flavors from Natures Flavors! Containing only all-natural ingredients, certified organic, kosher, vegan, gluten-free, and diacetyl-free, Natures Flavors are the choice for those who want only the highest quality ingredients. Order yours today!

Nature's Flavor Organic e-Liquid Flavoring | ecigExpress
However, I went to natures flavors and a few of the flavors contain sugar. Any thoughts on sugar inhalation?
Organic Danish Pastry Coffee and Tea Flavor without Diacetyl

Click on additional information.
Direct link to ecx danish
Danish Pastry by Nature's Flavors - ecigExpress

Many of the nature's flavors, because organic, have naturally occuring diacetyls. Unless they make the flavor in a lab, which they don't since it is organic, not synthetic. Has something changed that I don't know about?

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
Many of the nature's flavors, because organic, have naturally occuring diacetyls. Unless they make the flavor in a lab, which they don't since it is organic, not synthetic. Has something changed that I don't know about?
I think they are just advertising Diacetyl free. I was just noting the sugar that was added to the flavoring. However, it gives folks a false sense of security since it is advertised as diacetyl free. :)

keelalagirl55

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011

They have 2 lines of "flavors" (not including their separate organic line).....their regular line which may contain it if it occurs naturally in the extract and then a second of some of their "flavors" that are diacetyl free.

I will note here that I have not spoken with them to get "proof" of the diacetyl free. I did order some of the grape not too terribly long ago from the diacetyl free line and it was on backorder of sorts. Regular line was still in stock, but there was a 30-60 day wait for the diacetyl free version (which is a hair more expensive).

Last edited:

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
Hi Jonathan,

Did you get any more information (sheets) from Inawera, I use alot of their flavors.

Bought them a year ago will see if they will provide sheets for the one's I bought.

I'm still waiting to see if they can provide English versions of the one I had; I'm waiting on the others to follow. I've seen a few of them, though they were a bit hard to read as Google Translate butchered them, though I lost them during an e-mail server switch when the backups corrupted. I've since re-requested them from Marcelina and hope to have them soon.

I'll upload a few of them here to ECF once I have them back.

vangrl27

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
vancouver
Did anyone ever hear anything else regarding this ?

"Dr. F indicated a new study adjudicated and reviewed by him is about to be released in which several samples of e-liquid tested contained massive amounts (70%) of ethylene glyc. He's coming out with the findings in the next few days or few weeks, and he's hoping it will "shake the e-cig industry very hard"

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Did anyone ever hear anything else regarding this ?

"Dr. F indicated a new study adjudicated and reviewed by him is about to be released in which several samples of e-liquid tested contained massive amounts (70%) of ethylene glyc. He's coming out with the findings in the next few days or few weeks, and he's hoping it will "shake the e-cig industry very hard"

Please share the link to that

thanks

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
I kinda think that kind of data should have been made public the same day....but yes it's well past the time he said he'd make it available

Yes, I have been waiting. I thought I heard it mentioned that it was going to be in a medical journal? Right or wrong? It's been a long time since I listened to that show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread