Flavorings that are safe to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iCook

Mar 1, 2015
Riga, LV
I was using Inawera flavorings before, now I ordered some from Flavour Art, but I found out that their Apple Pie(which I ordered) actually contains Diacetyl. So which flavorings(which manfacturer/kind of flavoring to choose?) are safe to vape, concerning Diacetyl, Acetyl Propionyl, Acetoin and other possibly harmful chemicals they may contain?
Is vaping unflavoured the only way to elliminate the chance of inhaling poisonous chemicals?(apart from nic)

Last edited:
Reactions: gone3uo6

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
It's the phrase, "...and other possibly harmful chemicals they may contain?", that is quite a kicker.

Possibly Harmful covers quite a bit of ground for vapers who are inhaling flavoring made for ingestion that have never been studied for long, or short, term inhalation.

I don't believe in "safe". So I'm the wrong person to speculate on safe.

Flavorless is one way out and quite a few folks prefer it.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
I am surprised that FA Apple Pie has diacetyl as FA has produced all of their flavorings to be 100% safe for vaping.

Capella has recently done testing on all their flavors, and those that had harmful components have all been reformulated and are designated with a "V2.

TFA has also tested all of their flavors. They did not reformulate them, but they do disclose all of the possibly harmful chemicals in the description of every flavor. Perfumers Apprentice - Professional Flavors

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
TFA has also tested all of their flavors. They did not reformulate them, but they do disclose all of the possibly harmful chemicals in the description of every flavor. Perfumers Apprentice - Professional Flavors
They recently started reformulating some of them,and adding more periodically,they are listed as DX,they have bavarian cream and few others that are out now.

RonJS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
SW Chicagoland, IL
While I too don't care that much, if I did, I would check the FlavourArt website and see if a particular flavor I am interested in of their's states ..."This flavor contains Diacetyl and/or related diketones. Not suitable for vaping. "

Not all the Kitchen line flavors have that statement from them. Roast Beef does...while Crab does not.

Ron

"Poison's not bad. It's a matter of how much."- Keith Richards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread