Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amina

Nov 20, 2019
Hi everyone, I’m fairly new to this and it’s been pretty rough on me. I’ve been smoking since I was 19.. I’m 32. I stopped in April and was using juul. I liked the mint n went from 5% to 3%. I was gifted a boulder and liked it so I switched to that. I’m on the 18mg mint VG oil. For the past 3 days I am having the hardest time breathing. It’s making me so depressed and scared. I’ve been to the hospital and an EKG was clear, they sent me home with albuterol which does nothing. I still use the vape here n there. I just can’t take a deep breath. I know I should stop but it’s so hard to. I was a very heavy smoker. I don’t know what to do. I’m scared something is really wrong. My dr is sending me to do a pulmonary function test. Appt isn’t till next week and tomorrow I have no idea how I’m guna work without being able to take a deep breath. I’m a mess. I don’t know what else to do.

• Love
Reactions: HigherStateD

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
I understand your concerns and frustration. I personally had a few weeks period about a month and a half after switching where I was suffering from much mucus being coughed up, esp upon waking up.
My best advice might be to try a different juice, as you seem to indicate this occured about the time you switched to the Rock.
Also, with vaping especially, nicotine absorbtion doesn't happen in the lungs. If you can avoid inhaling, that would also be advisable.
Lastly, the juice you're currently using. I guessing that it is a "freebase"," or otherwise not a salt nicotine like the Juul was. This could potentially be a source of irritation.
Hope you get it sorted.

Reactions: greek mule

Amina

Nov 20, 2019
Would getting a salt nicotine oil be a safer route for me? Also, I don’t understand this PG/VG ratio stuff, I only mentioned mine was VG cuz I googled it n looked on the bottle lol. I know NOTHING about this. Just that I loved the juul but was spending way too much money on it.

I understand your concerns and frustration. I personally had a few weeks period about a month and a half after switching where I was suffering from much mucus being coughed up, esp upon waking up.
My best advice might be to try a different juice, as you seem to indicate this occured about the time you switched to the Rock.
Also, with vaping especially, nicotine absorbtion doesn't happen in the lungs. If you can avoid inhaling, that would also be advisable.
Lastly, the juice you're currently using. I guessing that it is a "freebase"," or otherwise not a salt nicotine like the Juul was. This could potentially be a source of irritation.
Hope you get it sorted.

Amina

Nov 20, 2019
I have salt nicotine that’s 45mg which is too much for me, can it be mixed with the boulder mint juice?

Hope you get it sorted.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I’m on the 18mg mint VG oil.

First of all, I hope you're not vaping any oil. I take it you're vaping some kind of mint-flavored eliquid that contains VG/PG/flavoring--no oils, please.
For the past 3 days I am having the hardest time breathing.

If you're having difficulty breathing, stop vaping right now. Seriously. This is a vaping forum and nobody here is qualified to dispense medical advice.
I’m scared something is really wrong. My dr is sending me to do a pulmonary function test. Appt isn’t till next week and tomorrow I have no idea how I’m guna work without being able to take a deep breath.

Switch to nicotine gum, lozenges, Swedish snus, or vape without inhaling--you'll get your nic fix without inhaling into your lungs because nicotine from eliquids is easily absorbed through oral and nasal mucosa. Then go and see your pulmonologist.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Would getting a salt nicotine oil be a safer route for me?

Most salt nic is made using benzoid acid--which is another additive to your eliquid. But it makes eliquids taste much smoother on the throat, especially at higher concentrations.
I have salt nicotine that’s 45mg which is too much for me, can it be mixed with the boulder mint juice?

Yes, salt nics can be mixed with other eliquid, but if you can't breathe, just stop inhaling for now. I'm not familiar with Boulder brand of eliquids, though,

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Please don't call nicotine e-liquid "Oil". Oils can't be inhaled safely. Either you are vaping nicotine e-liquid or something else.

Nicotine e-liquid is water soluable, therefore our lungs can absorb its vapor. Oils are are not water soluable, and its vapor coats the lungs and causes lipid pneumonia, which is what caused all of those hospitalizations and deaths when those people were vaping black market THC.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
I'm not familiar with boulder mint juice, but if it is a PG/VG e liquid and meets the information criteria below:
The Composition of eLiquid | Vaping Post
chances are that you could mix it depending what your trying to do. If you have some e liquid that is 45mg and some zero e liquid of the same flavor, knowledgeable DIYer's often cut the nic content in this way by creating a "new" mg e liquid. Since you are "fairly new", you might consider visiting a brick and mortar vape shop in your area* and ask for a little advice. Some vape shops are more knowledgeable/helpful than others.
Might like to read:
What is e-juice made out of?
*Might wish to fill in your avatar location, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name,click. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread