Looking for something new

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amina

Nov 20, 2019
Hi guys so I’ve used the juul for about 6 months n it was a bit expensive so I needed to switch to something more affordable and started using a boulder which was gifted to me using 1.8% and I believe the juice is diff, I was told to get salt nicotine if I liked the juul. And I don’t even know what to get. Any recommendations? I wana stay at the low nicotine level I’m at. But something a bit similar to juul. I got sick a month after the boulder, having a hard time taking a deep breath and was told it’s the juice I’m using.(I did get checked out at the dr, everything came back ok) I was told it’s something with VP,juice I’m using. I know nothing about this stuff. Maybe someone can help me out a bit with recommendations.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Hi Amina, and welcome. I've got a few questions that should help narrow down what you're looking for:
  • Was it the doctor who said your breathing problems were something about the juice you're using, or was that someone else's suggestion?
  • You mentioned "VP" - is it possible you misheard (or mistyped) and it was actually VG or PG? Vegetable glycerine (VG) and propylene glycol (PG) are the main ingredients in ejuice.
  • You said you're looking for "something a bit similar to juul" - what do you mean by similar? What are the things you liked about the Juul? Is it the flavour, the way the device works, the throat hit, or something else?

Amina

Nov 20, 2019
Hi, thanks for the response
No it wasn’t the dr, he actually told me to go back to cigarettes as there’s so many issues with the e-cig but after smoking for 10 years I don’t want to ever touch a cigarette again. Anyways, what I liked about the juul was the hit, and yes I meant VG. I don’t know if that’s any different than the juul.

Hi Amina, and welcome. I've got a few questions that should help narrow down what you're looking for:
  • Was it the doctor who said your breathing problems were something about the juice you're using, or was that someone else's suggestion?
  • You mentioned "VP" - is it possible you misheard (or mistyped) and it was actually VG or PG? Vegetable glycerine (VG) and propylene glycol (PG) are the main ingredients in ejuice.
  • You said you're looking for "something a bit similar to juul" - what do you mean by similar? What are the things you liked about the Juul? Is it the flavour, the way the device works, the throat hit, or something else?
Hi

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Hi, thanks for the response
No it wasn’t the dr, he actually told me to go back to cigarettes as there’s so many issues with the e-cig but after smoking for 10 years I don’t want to ever touch a cigarette again. Anyways, what I liked about the juul was the hit, and yes I meant VG. I don’t know if that’s any different than the juul.

Go back to cigarettes? That infuriates me. Just so you know, health authorities in many countries are recommending vaping for harm reduction. There's good evidence that it's much safER than cigarettes. As for the 'issues' with e-cigs, all the evidence there is that the problems are related to an unsafe cutting agent used for vaping something other than nicotine. Avoid the black market and 'other' substances, and enjoy being cigarette-free.

OK, on to the ejuice. Whether it's for the Juul or another device, the bulk of ejuice is made of a mix of VG and PG. It's possible to be sensitive to either of those. VG sensitivity tends to manifest as wheeziness or a heavy feeling in the chest, so there's a fair chance that it's your culprit. Additionally, Juul uses a relatively low proportion of VG (30%), while a lot of other ejuices have more (70% - 90%). If your new juice is higher in PG, that would explain why you were OK with the Juul but had problems with the Boulder.

So, it looks like you need a low-VG, high-PG juice. They're harder to find than juices with higher VG, but they do exist. If you wouldn't mind telling us what country you're from, someone around here will be able to direct you to a supplier in your vicinity.

'Hit' is mostly from nicotine level, so it might be worth thinking about increasing that. The 'throat hit' part of the hit is the main difference between freebase nic and salt nic; salt nic was developed to have a lower throat hit so juices could use a higher concentration of nicotine without choking the vaper. Under the circumstances, you might actually prefer freebase nic to salt nic, but it's probably worth experimenting a little. By the way, what ejuice are you using now with the Boulder?

That's about all I have to suggest at the moment - low VG juice with whichever type of nic you think you'd prefer. I make most of my own juice so I'm not a good source for a specific recommendation, but I expect someone will be along soon who can be more helpful there.

Amina

Nov 20, 2019
I know, when he said that I was like wth no thanks. I’ve never been able to quit cigarettes and now I’m going on 8months n very happy about it. The juice I currently use is 90%VG mint, I seem to like the mint flavors, never liked the fruity stuff. I went straight to that from the juul, I’ve been on it I’d say almost 2 months. My question is.. would I build a tolerance to it? Is it something that effected me cuz it was new to me? I am back to it after feeling better, I stopped for a day and slowed down with it and things got better. I am in the US, Illinois. I buy my boulder items from a website called “Electric Tobacconist” never black market. My juul items were bought from a vape shop in my area. I wouldn’t mind getting a whole new system if that’s recommended, just want something not so tough on my throat.
Thanks again!

Go back to cigarettes? That infuriates me. Just so you know, health authorities in many countries are recommending vaping for harm reduction. There's good evidence that it's much safER than cigarettes. As for the 'issues' with e-cigs, all the evidence there is that the problems are related to an unsafe cutting agent used for vaping something other than nicotine. Avoid the black market and 'other' substances, and enjoy being cigarette-free.

OK, on to the ejuice. Whether it's for the Juul or another device, the bulk of ejuice is made of a mix of VG and PG. It's possible to be sensitive to either of those. VG sensitivity tends to manifest as wheeziness or a heavy feeling in the chest, so there's a fair chance that it's your culprit. Additionally, Juul uses a relatively low proportion of VG (30%), while a lot of other ejuices have more (70% - 90%). If your new juice is higher in PG, that would explain why you were OK with the Juul but had problems with the Boulder.

So, it looks like you need a low-VG, high-PG juice. They're harder to find than juices with higher VG, but they do exist. If you wouldn't mind telling us what country you're from, someone around here will be able to direct you to a supplier in your vicinity.

'Hit' is mostly from nicotine level, so it might be worth thinking about increasing that. The 'throat hit' part of the hit is the main difference between freebase nic and salt nic; salt nic was developed to have a lower throat hit so juices could use a higher concentration of nicotine without choking the vaper. Under the circumstances, you might actually prefer freebase nic to salt nic, but it's probably worth experimenting a little. By the way, what ejuice are you using now with the Boulder?

That's about all I have to suggest at the moment - low VG juice with whichever type of nic you think you'd prefer. I make most of my own juice so I'm not a good source for a specific recommendation, but I expect someone will be along soon who can be more helpful there.

Reactions: Blitzdonlife

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
As far as salts, the lowest nic level you'll find is around 24 or 25 mg. Most salt juices come in a higher and lower nic level. I stay around 25-30 mg for salts. As far as devices, the Moti is similar in hit and pull to the Juul and you can get refillable pods. Vapeants E8 is also similar in hit and pull to the Juul. Then there is the Caliburn which hits harder but is such a great pod device it has to be mentioned. Good luck.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi guys so I’ve used the juul for about 6 months n it was a bit expensive so I needed to switch to something more affordable and started using a boulder which was gifted to me using 1.8% and I believe the juice is diff, I was told to get salt nicotine if I liked the juul. And I don’t even know what to get. Any recommendations? I wana stay at the low nicotine level I’m at. But something a bit similar to juul. I got sick a month after the boulder, having a hard time taking a deep breath and was told it’s the juice I’m using.(I did get checked out at the dr, everything came back ok) I was told it’s something with VP,juice I’m using. I know nothing about this stuff. Maybe someone can help me out a bit with recommendations.
The information below may help you to obtain a good foundation of vaping knowledge.
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
Learn What Vaping is and How to Inhale Properly (Vaping 101)
https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
Beginner Archives - Guide To Vaping
Vaping 101: An Ultimate Guide Focusing on Basics for Beginners
http://ecigclopedia.com/6-quick-useful-vaping-tips-for-beginners/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...up-the-vaping-ladder-with-egos-and-mods.5058/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...nk-or-what-a-guide-to-juice-attachments.3230/
You have posted in the new members forum, you are limited to the number of post in this forum.
re: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/new-members-how-many-posts-do-i-need-to.78262/
In the future, you might want to post in the ECF forum most closely representing your subject/question. Suggest posting in :General vaping discussion and chat:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forums/general-vaping-discussion.7/
Often times,you may receive more knowledgeable/germane/extensive information from the membership in the above/appropriate forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread