All-Day-Vapes, other liquids and first kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nueung

Jul 31, 2015
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about switching from regular roll-up cigarettes (10-15 a day) to vaping after borrowing my friends 'VIP Photon'. I completely new to all of this but I can see how its a permanent alternative to smoking regular cigs.

All-Day-Vapes; I've been watching a few videos, reviews etc. on liquids and was wondering what sort of VG/CP I should be looking at and also how much nicotine would be appropriate for a 10-15 a day smoker. It would also be great if I could get some recommendations on All-Day-Vapes for a first timer :)

Liquids; In terms of other for casual vaping is it just my preference or should I have a different tank or device for using them? (as you can probably tell I'm really new to this)

First Kid; I've been looking around online, watching reviews etc. and I've been looking at pre-made kits. I've narrowed down my search to devices which aren't entry level but also not the top end stuff. I'm interested in getting the 'Kanger Subox Mini Kit' but I would like a few more opinions before I buy something. If there is anything you can recommend me it would be great to hear it :)

Also if anyone could recommend a vaping store in London (England) please do!

Thanks for reading through the thread
- Nueung

Reactions: theddead

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
First, I have some links for shopping:
E-cigarette/E-liquid Vendors List + discount codes | ALL ABOUT E-CIGARETTES UK
UK Forum | E-Cigarette Forum
UK and Ireland Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum
Myepack.co.uk
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

Secondly, the "All Day Vape" is a myth (to me anyways). I have yet to find one. Everyone tastes juice differently so the best bet is for you to go to a vape store and sample some juices. Since you are a smoker (as I used to be) your taste buds haven't had time to recover and it will be a week or more after quitting before you really notice a difference.

Third. Rolling your own strong? Mild? Light? I would guess 6 mg by the number you smoked. You're better off asking someone else to guess. I started at 12 with 2 packs a day of lights.

Fourth. I have multiple tanks with different flavors in them. It's easy for me to change flavors that way because I don't have the "all day vape" (flavor). When I've used a tank and want to change the flavor in it I rinse out the tank (not the coil) and wipe the coil with a paper towel or as you all say...a bog roll.

Fifth. I generally recommend an iStick 30 W, and Nautilus Mini for beginners. It's a mouth to lung vape and both products are user friendly. Don't forget to buy spare coils no matter what you decide to buy. The Subbox is a nice kit, but you should get spare batteries and a separate quality charger if you go that route.

Sixth. Good luck, welcome to the forum, you CAN quit the stinkys!

Kellyrob1uk

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2015
Uk
Hi there I would recommend the cool fire 4 with the aspire mini. It's what I started on 8 days ago and I ain't had a stinky since! I am on 12mg nicotine and I smoked 20 a day so maybe 6mg would be best for you. Best to start low then if it's not enough you can up it. I did the mistake a couple of years ago and started high and it put me off because I was getting headaches.Innokin Cool Fire IV: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics That's where I got mine from

Reactions: Nueung

Nueung

Jul 31, 2015
Hi there I would recommend the cool fire 4 with the aspire mini. It's what I started on 8 days ago and I ain't had a stinky since! I am on 12mg nicotine and I smoked 20 a day so maybe 6mg would be best for you. Best to start low then if it's not enough you can up it. I did the mistake a couple of years ago and started high and it put me off because I was getting headaches.Innokin Cool Fire IV: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics That's where I got mine from
Seems like thats the way to go from what I've seen on the forums and that sounds like a good idea, will probably get a 6 and see how I feel in a couple weeks. Do you know of places I can order smaller amounts of liquid from the UK?

Nueung

Jul 31, 2015
First, I have some links for shopping:
E-cigarette/E-liquid Vendors List + discount codes | ALL ABOUT E-CIGARETTES UK
UK Forum | E-Cigarette Forum
UK and Ireland Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum
Myepack.co.uk
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

Secondly, the "All Day Vape" is a myth (to me anyways). I have yet to find one. Everyone tastes juice differently so the best bet is for you to go to a vape store and sample some juices. Since you are a smoker (as I used to be) your taste buds haven't had time to recover and it will be a week or more after quitting before you really notice a difference.

Third. Rolling your own strong? Mild? Light? I would guess 6 mg by the number you smoked. You're better off asking someone else to guess. I started at 12 with 2 packs a day of lights.

Fourth. I have multiple tanks with different flavors in them. It's easy for me to change flavors that way because I don't have the "all day vape" (flavor). When I've used a tank and want to change the flavor in it I rinse out the tank (not the coil) and wipe the coil with a paper towel or as you all say...a bog roll.

Fifth. I generally recommend an iStick 30 W, and Nautilus Mini for beginners. It's a mouth to lung vape and both products are user friendly. Don't forget to buy spare coils no matter what you decide to buy. The Subbox is a nice kit, but you should get spare batteries and a separate quality charger if you go that route.

Sixth. Good luck, welcome to the forum, you CAN quit the stinkys!

Thanks for the links, been browsing through. I roll them mid/strong depending on my mood, currently I'm using a 18mg because it was the only thing local to me and I don't have a problem, however I'd like to take it down to something lower. Would you recommend a first timer buying 2 or 3 tanks to test different flavors and get used to the cleaning process etc?

Thanks for the reply on the post and thanks for the motivation :D
- Nueung

Nueung

Jul 31, 2015
Hi I would go aspire nautilus on a istick for ur first one as above they are mouth to lung devices as with the kbox kit it has a subtank on it and are straight lung inhale kits as the coils are 0.5 ohm but u can get 1.5 ohm coils for it and then it can be used for mouth to lung inhales

Thanks for the input,
What are the main differences between mouth to lung and other types of vaping?

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Thanks for the links, been browsing through. I roll them mid/strong depending on my mood, currently I'm using a 18mg because it was the only thing local to me and I don't have a problem, however I'd like to take it down to something lower. Would you recommend a first timer buying 2 or 3 tanks to test different flavors and get used to the cleaning process etc?

Thanks for the reply on the post and thanks for the motivation :D
- Nueung

If you can afford it I would recommend it, because swapping out tanks to change flavors is quick and easy.

Mouth to lung is like smoking a cigarette. Lung hits are direct inhales to the lung.

You might try getting a small bottle of 12 mg, and a small bottle of 6 mg to see where you fit in. If the 12 is too much and the 6 is not enough you can always combine the two equally and end up at 9 mg.

You should also look into this link :
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette | E-Cigarette Forum

It's really easy (was for me) to quit the cigs and vape when you find your nic level and a flavor you enjoy. You'll make if you want to.

Reactions: jcco

Kellyrob1uk

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2015
Uk
Seems like thats the way to go from what I've seen on the forums and that sounds like a good idea, will probably get a 6 and see how I feel in a couple weeks. Do you know of places I can order smaller amounts of liquid from the UK?
4 Bottles of E-Liquid for £11.99 | E-Liquid UK Store I have had liquids from here and liked all the ones I tried. You can get 4 10ml for 11.99. Skittles was my favourite I love the candy e liquids. I have recently found a guy near me who does some amazing flavours and at great price 2 30ml bottles for £10 and it's the best I have tasted so far. He is currently on doing a website so I will let people no when it's up and running.

Nueung

Jul 31, 2015
If you can afford it I would recommend it, because swapping out tanks to change flavors is quick and easy.

Mouth to lung is like smoking a cigarette. Lung hits are direct inhales to the lung.

You might try getting a small bottle of 12 mg, and a small bottle of 6 mg to see where you fit in. If the 12 is too much and the 6 is not enough you can always combine the two equally and end up at 9 mg.

You should also look into this link :
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette | E-Cigarette Forum

It's really easy (was for me) to quit the cigs and vape when you find your nic level and a flavor you enjoy. You'll make if you want to.

another question; is it possible to buy something like the kanger subox and change the head to make it mouth to lung?

Kellyrob1uk

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2015
Uk
another question; is it possible to buy something like the kanger subox and change the head to make it mouth to lung?
Yeah you can buy different tanks for it to do mouth to lung. With the subox mini you don't get a battery with it, it uses external batteries and its best to buy a external charger for the batteries so it can become pretty expensive. The cool fire 4 and the istick 30w come with internal batteries which can't be taken out. It's all down to preference really.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
When I got my first subtank mini I bought an inexpensive drip tip that was more restrictive than the car exhaust sized wide bore one that it comes with. I would have to answer yes, but you also have to restrict the airflow by choosing a lower setting. The Subbox comes with 1.5 and .5 ohm vertical coils along with a build deck. Start with the 1.5 ohm coils. You should probably purchase some extras too because trying to learn to build coils and all the safety issues of ohms laws is rather steep. You also want to purchase a quality battery (s) for it.

18650 Safety Grades -- Picking a Safe Battery to Vape With | E-Cigarette Forum
All 30A-Capable Batteries Shootout -- Bench Test Results -- Which battery is best? | E-Cigarette Forum
Baditudes Blogs Baditude's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

RECOMMENDED BATTERIES

1. Sony VTC4 2100mah 30A
2. Xtar 2100mah 30A (re-wrapped Sony VTC4)

1. AW 1600mah 24A
2. Orbtronic SX22 2000mah 20A
3. LG HE2/HE4 2500mah 20A
4. Samsung 25R 2500mah 20A
5. AW 2200mah 20A (new)
6. Orbtronic SX30 2100mah 20A

Where to buy
Illumn.com - Flashlights, Batteries, Carry Gear, Intelligent LED Lighting, and More!
Authentic AW Batteries - RTD Vapor
http://www.lighthound.com/
18650 Batteries | Rechargeable Li-ion | Battery Chargers

Good luck.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
The Subbox has a "floating" 510 pin. In my opinion it's the weak spot of the kit. If you're just going to use the Subtanks you "should" be ok. If you're going to switch to other brand tanks you could have issues with the 510 connection. Most mods have a spring loaded 510 pin so they adjust to the different sized tanks.

The 510 pin is a metal stub that is in the battery top that makes the connection to the bottom of the tank when you put the two together to vape. If it breaks, you can't vape.

Reactions: Kellyrob1uk

Nueung

Jul 31, 2015
Yeah you can buy different tanks for it to do mouth to lung. With the subox mini you don't get a battery with it, it uses external batteries and its best to buy a external charger for the batteries so it can become pretty expensive. The cool fire 4 and the istick 30w come with internal batteries which can't be taken out. It's all down to preference really.

I kinda wunna get into the whole vape thing anyway as the community is great and I enjoy doing it, so I may just get the subox mini and a different head?

Kellyrob1uk

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2015
Uk
I kinda wunna get into the whole vape thing anyway as the community is great and I enjoy doing it, so I may just get the subox mini and a different head?
Yeah that's entirely up to you I cant really comment much on the subox mini as I have not tried it myself but there will be loads of people on the forums that can help. Like sir2fyablynutz for instance

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
subox comes with a 1.5ohm coil as well as the .5ohm coil (and a rebuildable deck that you can build to suit your fancy, within limits)... 1.5ohm works well for MTL hits, according to my wife - overall, its a great little kit

Nueung

Jul 31, 2015

The Subbox has a "floating" 510 pin. In my opinion it's the weak spot of the kit. If you're just going to use the Subtanks you "should" be ok. If you're going to switch to other brand tanks you could have issues with the 510 connection. Most mods have a spring loaded 510 pin so they adjust to the different sized tanks.

The 510 pin is a metal stub that is in the battery top that makes the connection to the bottom of the tank when you put the two together to vape. If it breaks, you can't vape.

I think I may check out the vape store tomorrow and see if I can play around with builds and test different things together, hopefully they can answer any other questions I may have. But I'm defo going to get a couple tanks no matter what I do + I wont forget extra coils ;)

Again thanks guys you've really helped med out :)
- Nueung

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread