evod.jpg

evod1.jpg

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Must have medal!!!!!! I took one of those apart because I couldn't stand the flavor of the plastic to see how the whole thing was put together and it wouldn't be that difficult for them to make the mouthpiece with a hole that would fit a 510 drip tip.

How did you get it apart? I've been wanting too but I don't want to destroy any of mine yet. It actually looks like a hex down in the tip where maybe it would take a special tool.

antfuzz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Delaware
How did you get it apart? I've been wanting too but I don't want to destroy any of mine yet. It actually looks like a hex down in the tip where maybe it would take a special tool.

For the most part I used a knife to cut away as much of the mouthpiece as possible. There is a hex nut that attaches to the center post and is glued on which makes it almost impossible to try to unscrew the center post.

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
For the most part I used a knife to cut away as much of the mouthpiece as possible. There is a hex nut that attaches to the center post and is glued on which makes it almost impossible to try to unscrew the center post.

Wow. Seems like Kanger don't like people messin with their stuff...unless it's replaced by their stuff.

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
I bet if you started to take a little by little of the mouth piece off at the top, and worked your way down, you would eventually hit the exact diameter hole for a standard drip tip to fit in, before runing into that hex nut. I would use a fine tooth file, and grind it down slowly..trying for fit, every few strokes...

What ya'll think?

antfuzz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Delaware
I bet if you started to take a little by little of the mouth piece off at the top, and worked your way down, you would eventually hit the exact diameter hole for a standard drip tip to fit in, before runing into that hex nut. I would use a fine tooth file, and grind it down slowly..trying for fit, every few strokes...

What ya'll think?

The Nut is located at the smallest diameter.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
im psyched to see that the Evod is on its way. :) two questions:
-will the evod coils fit in the t3s / will the t3 coils fit in the evod?
-when will the Evod arrive for us to purchase?

its a good idea. you do run into the metal tube inside the T3 drip tip, but maybe the 510 drip tip would fit inside the 510 drip tip once you sanded the t3 tip down.

What ya'll think?

its a good idea, zipper. the t3 tip has the metal post in it, but im thinking there is a possibility that a 510 tip could fit in around the metal post if the t3 tip was sanded down just right.

antfuzz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Delaware
its a good idea, zipper. the t3 tip has the metal post in it, but im thinking there is a possibility that a 510 tip could fit in around the metal post if the t3 tip was sanded down just right.

Ahhhhhh............ no, I explained that earlier in thread. The hex nut that holds the post in the mouth piece is near the thinnest part.

T3.jpg

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
check it out folks, more info coming, its a little different then a t3

evod.jpg

evod1.jpg

So this or T3 Mini????
Oh the decisions!

So what advantages or disadvantages to going with this rather than T3 mini?
I know one advantage for the T3 mini is that it uses the same coil as its big brother/sister/funny uncle.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
i'll toss a bump out there. i was hoping to hear when these puppies would be for sale, but as i understand that info is not available yet. :confused:

what is everyone's thoughts on whether the Evod and the Kanger T3 will be interchangable? i originally thought yes, but now im thinking no. the tube on the replacable part is larger on the T3 than the Evod...but maybe the mini T3 and evod are interchageable...hmmm

Oh and i just noticed tha tthe silver Evod does not have windows. is that something specific to the silver, or do you think all colors will be available with/without windows? perhaps the non-window ones are all metal without plastic?

Last edited:

veganvap

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
usa
Kanger E-Vod (eVod?) Clearomizer - YouTube

^ says the EVOD's smaller at the base than MT3/T3/Mini T3 so it's coil heads might not be interchangeable.

In this slide show he captioned that he had to force a T3 coil to fit in an EVOD and that he douts it will work. I don't know why he didn't actually try it and post that too while he already screwed it on as if to check. http://www.sun-vapers.com/kanger-evod-clearomizer-first-look/
Notice EVOD side by side with an MT3. The MT3 tank is barely bigger. The oversized MT3 tip makes it bulkier and you'll get a better hit from the mini because the coil's closer to your mouth.

A photo still in the video (looks like a copy of slide show's photo) shows silver with windows, so the solid silver photo is probably just the side without a window.

I too wish I could replace the tip with a rubber one. That plus a glass tank would make this the best clearo right now. No way to cut down an MT3 tip to fit a 510 rubber one without it all falling apart? EDIT: I highly doubt it and pretty sure the juice tank includes the tip all the way up to the hex nut, so no.

This new EVOD makes the mini T3 obsolete and a waste because he says at the end of the video that they're same size, the EVOD has a better build enclosed in metal, and the replacement coils should be cheaper and also easier to rebuild yourself. The EVOD' cheaper and easier to rebuild yourself coil head also makes the T3 and MT3 obsolete and a waste unless you really just want a clear tank and more capacity, but they'll probably make a larger EVOD soon (with rubber tip and glass tank please).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread