Introducing the NEW Kanger EVOD MT BCC 2.4ml 1.8ohm Bottom Coil Changeable

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojogardener

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
Northeast
Try removing one of the flavor wicks and see how that does...

I got mine from GotVapes ( you didn't say where you got yours ) and have had no issue... and being from GV I know it is a real one from Kanger and not a fake as have been seen from some other vendors...

I vape my e-juice ( 80/20 PG/VG all the way to 5/95 ) anywhere from 6 watts ( ~3.87v on a 2.5 ohm head ) to 8 watts ( ~4.47v on a 2.5 head ) and have no problem getting plumes of vapor ( and great flavor ).

I get better flavor in the Evod than any standard dripping atty I've tried... But my IGO-L rba dripping atty does have better flavor than anything else ( including the Evod ).... As for any fiber filled carto... it isn't tough to beat those in the flavor dept. IMO

I got 2 of the evods from MyVapor store -
And no way, no how, would I try something that I need to build - just thinking about it makes me shiver....LOL

jojogardener

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
Northeast
It would help to know exactly where it is leaking from. Is it leaking from the vent holes on the sides of the base or from where the base meets the tube, or from the positive pole on the bottom of the base?

it starts to gurgle - then empties into the 510 thread
both of the evods

orbach

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2012
Florida
Let me add that I've noticed that the threading of the base/tube don't always sit correctly and the base will not screw in all the way. I just refilled my EVOD and it wouldn't screw in right after filling. Cleaned the threads with a qtip and still not a good fit. Then cleaned the air tube by sticking a qtip down the tube towards the mouthpiece, and the base screwed in perfectly smooth. I have no idea why this happened the way it did or what could've been in the air tube to prevent the base from screwing in properly. For all I know the threads may have just seated properly on the last attempt and had nothing to do with cleaning the air tube.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Anything is possible, but I'd doubt it based on some logical assumptions... assuming it isn't a fake...

Ie... if it was leaking, I'd doubt they would mess with the o-rings etc and then not mention it but it wouldn't be the first time that had happened. They have more than one... it's unlikely on a real one to get several ones that both leak and have vapor production issues unless again they had messed with the way it was put together.

... but I don't like to just guess and currently the info given has been a bit sparse.

So far, on the three I've used ( a 4th is still sealed )... I have only had to do one alteration and that was remove a flavor wick because I was using a thicker juice resulting in a few burnt hits after a bit... that is all.

orbach

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2012
Florida
I've been vaping mine with no alterations at all. Did clean it and dry burn it once and noticed it had only 2 flavor wicks versus the 3 I expected. Someone mentioned finding only 2 flavor wicks on another thread.

If you are sure it is leaking from the positive pole, then I would guess you have defective units since that pole is supposed to be fixed and sealed. If it leaks from the vent holes on the sides of the base, then my guess would be something to do with the wicks, and if it leaked from where the base meets the tube then the base is not threaded properly or its silicon seal is damaged/missing.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Here is a pic of a proper head for the Evod...

evodhead.png

Note the silicon cap on top where the tube comes out... and the o-ring under the flange just above the threads.

I could see if the top cap is mess up, missing or on wrong... that it would cause it to flood ( hence the gurgle ) and then dump out of the bottom as described. I don't think it would gurgle if it was the lower o-ring.

I could also see something similar happening if the head is from a T3/MT3 as shown below...

coilheadt3kanger_1.png

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
Just thought of one other possible cause of both the gurgle and leaks...

If there were no or too few flavor wicks which would leave a wide open hole where they were once located.
I bet this is it then...They didn't have enough wick in there cuz why would BOTH of hers do the same thing like that gurgling?

I've never ordered any from my vapor store so I dunno what they have

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I bet this is it then...They didn't have enough wick in there cuz why would BOTH of hers do the same thing like that gurgling?

Yeah.. having two with similar issues does make it less likely... I mentioned it thinking that perhaps they weren't getting enough vapor on either... so they opened them up by pulling the wicks on both, which lead to the gurgle and leak.

I do know this... If you have too much e-liquid on a coil ( over-wicking ) it will cause a loss in vapor... If there is over-wicking... that is a step away from a leaky carto/clearo.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
I agree, other than a threading problem, missing wicks, a missing o-ring I can't imagine what is causing the whole tank to dump like that.
I've been using these for a while (70/30 juice) and haven't had to play with the wicks or do anything except fill and vape. I haven't had a drop leak and no gurgles. These have been the most trouble free devices I've ever tried.

And yes, there are two "flavor" wicks on top of the coil. I did dry burn and replace the top wicks on one and it vaped like new afterwards. That center post is a bear to pull out of the cup though :)

orbach

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2012
Florida
You may be right. I was thinking of a different head design, I think the Vapeonly, when I wrote the above. On the EVOD, the positive pole is not completely sealed as it has an air intake in the middle of it. So I stand corrected. The EVOD could leak there if it floods at the coil.

It is weird that both are doing the exact same thing.

Just thought of one other possible cause of both the gurgle and leaks...

If there were no or too few flavor wicks which would leave a wide open hole where they were once located.

jojogardener

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
Northeast

I've never ordered any from my vapor store so I dunno what they have

YEP - thats gotta be the problem
I took the thing apart and looked at it really close - not enough wick - big gaping hole
and the 1st seal ring right below the wick is wobbly and lose
never order from them again - and here I thought i was losing it
thanks all of your help rdsok and AG51

jojogardener

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
Northeast
Anything is possible, but I'd doubt it based on some logical assumptions... assuming it isn't a fake...

Ie... if it was leaking, I'd doubt they would mess with the o-rings etc and then not mention it but it wouldn't be the first time that had happened. They have more than one... it's unlikely on a real one to get several ones that both leak and have vapor production issues unless again they had messed with the way it was put together.

... but I don't like to just guess and currently the info given has been a bit sparse.

So far, on the three I've used ( a 4th is still sealed )... I have only had to do one alteration and that was remove a flavor wick because I was using a thicker juice resulting in a few burnt hits after a bit... that is all.

question - until I get a better and more reliable mod - which ohm should i get for the ego vv?
I need to get more as I do believe i was sent forgeries :(

SRusackas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
San Diego, CA
I agree, other than a threading problem, missing wicks, a missing o-ring I can't imagine what is causing the whole tank to dump like that.
I've been using these for a while (70/30 juice) and haven't had to play with the wicks or do anything except fill and vape. I haven't had a drop leak and no gurgles. These have been the most trouble free devices I've ever tried.
Same thing here. I have three Evods from GV and my buddy has one, also from GV. Mine all work great, his leaks and dumped on him today. I have torn it apart and can't figure it out. No missing o-rings, nothing at all I can see. Tried different heads, nothing.
My only guess was his Vision Spinner terminal is pushing up on the evod center post, causing the o-ring to fail.
But my Evods don't leak on his battery.
Our last guess is an error in the machining of the threads. Something not visible.
At least Evods aren't expensive, so just getting a new one solved his problem.
When the evod is working, it really works well!!

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
question - until I get a better and more reliable mod - which ohm should i get for the ego vv?

It sort of depends on a couple of things... your own preferences which I nor anyone else can help you with in deciding... and what the APV's battery can handle.

For batteries that are less than 1000mah... I wouldn't go lower than 2.0 ohms so you aren't overworking the battery. If the batteries are 1000mah or bigger... you can probably go down to 1.8 ohm safely. After that... base what you choose by your own preference in flavor etc.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida

It sort of depends on a couple of things... your own preferences which I nor anyone else can help you with in deciding... and what the APV's battery can handle.

For batteries that are less than 1000mah... I wouldn't go lower than 2.0 ohms so you aren't overworking the battery. If the batteries are 1000mah or bigger... you can probably go down to 1.8 ohm safely. After that... base what you choose by your own preference in flavor etc.
Good advice from rdsok!

I bought the 2.2 ohm replacement coils and they work great on my 1300mah spinner. That is a good middle of the road ohmage, but depending on how you like your vape a different resistance may be better for you.

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
waaa my EVOD just quit ...totally dead (checked w/meter)

I wanna ask how to get it apart & re coil ....:glare:
...but I know they are super CHEAP
& I SHOULD JUST order new coil heads & wait the 2-3 days for mail .

HARD to give up the tinkering :facepalm:
...I should also tell ya' that I used it constantly (& I DO MEAN CONSTANTLY)
for
53 Days & only cleaned it ONCE !!

AMAZING device !!! just checked GV ...are we expecting more of these SOON ?
I need to order a few more & all that is in stock is the stainless ...& the purple is so pretty ...

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
waaa my EVOD just quit ...totally dead (checked w/meter)

I wanna ask how to get it apart & re coil ....:glare:
...but I know they are super CHEAP
& I SHOULD JUST order new coil heads & wait the 2-3 days for mail .

HARD to give up the tinkering :facepalm:
...I should also tell ya' that I used it constantly (& I DO MEAN CONSTANTLY)
for
53 Days & only cleaned it ONCE !!

AMAZING device !!! just checked GV ...are we expecting more of these SOON ?
I need to order a few more & all that is in stock is the stainless ...& the purple is so pretty ...
Pull the 'stem' off Kelly, it's just pushed on there. Then you can get to the coil like a nova head. They are a fantastic long lasting unit fer sure :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread