Status
Not open for further replies.

kwcharlie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Houston
acrigs.com
Thanx Charlie...I hope to run into you one day at a meet or something..

I'll keep everyone up to date then on current ceramic trends...
My order from China (6" Diamond wheels) should be here soon I hope, then I can get back to producing..

The tip of my finger is starting to heal and callous over finally..rubbed it down to raw meat 4 days ago.. too many close encounters with the grinder..was bleeding all over my wicks..

Someone has do the real work too, the SBDan can’t do it all for us and we can’t keep waiting for raidy http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/132663-all-my-mods-part1.html

I should be over here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...sassembling-joyetech-evic-firmware-image.html adding my skills and sweat but can’t get motivated and even with new killer firmware don’t see the evic becoming the thing we all go to and stop using all our other ecigs for. Now a much better wicking and heating system might be the thing that fills the junk box with all the stuff done before.

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
Ok..The latest on the ceramic is Glass Bonded Silica from Sweetwater:
SweetwaterAirdifussers_zps7436e487.jpg

IMG_0716_zpse4d17755.jpg

According to Scubabbatdan, these things drink up the juice allot faster than Topfin airstones.

Problem is, these are more fragile at 1/8" than the TipFins..(doesn't surprise me)..I am going to try and hunt some down and give a whirl myself..Just wish my diamond disc's would hurry up and get here...

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
Hope this ceramic wick idea proves out well and soon. My hat's off to those such as y'all that have the wherewithal to innovate and make our devices reliable and improved.

Not to derail, but I thought I saw reference to a "solid" type vape flavor cube or some form of flavor thing that would be safe, healthwise. Anyone know where this research/work is going on? Wife and I messed around with a mix of soy wax and beeswax(natural wax, not petrol-based) and some flavoring today. Not working that great but it does show possiblity of working, perhaps. Well, it works but takes a bit too much poking and prodding to make it go. Will try to get M.P. down a tad. Just fiddlin' around with it. Not sure it would be very healthy, can't say yay or nay.

Anybody know of such stuff?

WallyO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Cicero,IL
Hope this ceramic wick idea proves out well and soon. My hat's off to those such as y'all that have the wherewithal to innovate and make our devices reliable and improved.

Not to derail, but I thought I saw reference to a "solid" type vape flavor cube or some form of flavor thing that would be safe, healthwise. Anyone know where this research/work is going on? Wife and I messed around with a mix of soy wax and beeswax(natural wax, not petrol-based) and some flavoring today. Not working that great but it does show possiblity of working, perhaps. Well, it works but takes a bit too much poking and prodding to make it go. Will try to get M.P. down a tad. Just fiddlin' around with it. Not sure it would be very healthy, can't say yay or nay.

Anybody know of such stuff?

Dodari, I believe Bad mentioned somewhere before that they will be getting some sort of jellied vaporizing gunk in the not too distant future. Is that what you are referring to?

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
Dodari, I believe Bad mentioned somewhere before that they will be getting some sort of jellied vaporizing gunk in the not too distant future. Is that what you are referring to?

Wally, I think you're right, believe it was where that globe thingey was maybe.

I wonder how safe the vape material would be for the lungs and such. Guess time will tell.

Thanks.

dodari

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2011
New Mexico
the prupose of the bulb is astetics, you dont fill it, you just fill the ceramic cup portion only, similar to dripping but longer lasting

Ah, OK. That sounds pretty good to me. My ejuice dripping has always been rather a mess. Looks good, thank you.

Will watchfully wait.

fatcharlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2012
prospect heights, IL
I realize there are two separate EVOD threads and this one is about dead, but I wanted to respond in the thread I originally posted in.

I previously gave the EVOD a bad review saying it is every bit as airy as the mini T3, T3, and T2. Today I decided to give them another chance, I originally bought 6. I filled up two EVODs, one with Cheesecake Torte (80PG/20VG) from Highbrow, and the other with Boston Cream Pie (80PG/20VG) from Sweet-Vapes (my go-to flavor). The Cheesecake Torte is performing very well. I am getting a lot of vapor and flavor. After about 40% of the first tank gone I am experiencing no drop-off in performance (My biggest complaint about the full sized T3 was that the performance dropped off in proportion with the empiness of the tank). I haven't covered up any of the air holes either. The Boston Cream Pie, however, does not produce as much vapor, and the flavor is a tiny bit muted. I would say both aspects are about 90% of the performance of the EVOD filled with Cheesecake Torte; not terrible but not identical either. Could the difference be just the juice? Or inconsistencies in the EVOD bases? I don't really know for sure. I can say for certain that the draw on these two EVODs is much tighter with no air holes covered than the very first one was with two air holes covered. That, in of itself leads me to believe that there are just inconsistencies in the manufacture of the EVOD bases. Regardless, I feel that the EVOD does produce more vapor than the mini T3 and is a better overall device. If I was forced to switch to the EVOD permanently I feel I could live with it. I can't say the same about the mini T3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread