Status
Not open for further replies.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
You should be, yes. It sounds like the penstyle would do the job nicely as the batteries last longer. If you get a USB passthrough for it as well then you don't need to bother with batteries if you're within range of your computer.

From a strictly penstyle model vaper....ditto!

Lu

Captain Ron

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
I have decided to try the Electronic cigarette.

I am a heavy smoker (up to 3 packs a day, average at least 2 packs a day) & from what I have read the pen-style would prob. suit me best, ie: battery last longer, cart holds more b-4 having to re-fill.

Am I correct in my deduction?

Thanks

I spend quite alot of time driving down the road & need to spend the least amount of time stopping to change batts, re-fill/change carts, etc....

So from what I have read this would work best for my situation,

Correct?

UkUsa

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2008
Smalltown Iowa, USA
Last edited:

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Ron i haven't used one yet but i do know they make plug in power adaptors for a car cigarette lighter that also has a usb port which could be used with a usb passthrough battery.

Amazon.com: Wagan Twin USB Traveler's Adapter: Automotive

If you get a usb passthrough, you could use one of these or a battery pack....then you wouldn't have to worry about the regular ecig batteries.

But they have to be 1000mah output so the one in this pic would not work.

Lu

Captain Ron

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
If you get a usb passthrough, you could use one of these or a battery pack....then you wouldn't have to worry about the regular ecig batteries.

But they have to be 1000mah output so the one in this pic would not work.

Lu

With which-ever kit I purchase, I will get a car charger with it as I can spend upto 11 hours in a stretch driving & want to spend as less time stopping to change batts, etc...

MonkeyMonk

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
There are a lot of models out there to choose from. 5 days ago, I got my 1st ecig (Canadian based). I smoke about the same as you. I'm not happy with my pen style. However, today it seems to be working much, much better.

I placed a new order (US based) for a DSE901, a cigar, and a pen style from the US company. Now, I read this morning that the pilot model might be the best.

If you only want to purchase once, I'd suggest dedicating a day to reading as many posts as possible about this and then pm people. So, far all the people that I pm'd have answered me back with really complete informative answers.

BTW. If you get one you don't like, there's a swap area in the forum.

Oh, almost forgot, there is a list of suppliers here in the forum. There ar a lot of un-reputable sites out there.

Captain Ron

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2009
There are a lot of models out there to choose from. 5 days ago, I got my 1st ecig (Canadian based). I smoke about the same as you. I'm not happy with my pen style. However, today it seems to be working much, much better.

I placed a new order (US based) for a DSE901, a cigar, and a pen style from the US company. Now, I read this morning that the pilot model might be the best.

If you only want to purchase once, I'd suggest dedicating a day to reading as many posts as possible about this and then pm people. So, far all the people that I pm'd have answered me back with really complete informative answers.

BTW. If you get one you don't like, there's a swap area in the forum.

Oh, almost forgot, there is a list of suppliers here in the forum. There ar a lot of un-reputable sites out there.

Yea I spent alot of time last night reading post, that is where I came to my conclusion ie: longest lasting batts, carts etc....

If you do not mind my asking. What do you not about you pen?

thanks

UkUsa

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2008
Smalltown Iowa, USA

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Uk,

Sometimes things get quite confusing when it comes to the passthroughs because people get confused between usb chargers and the usb passthrough power adapter (or whatever you want to call it).

Not too long ago, people were buying usb chargers thinking they were passthroughs. And it's not real easy to explain to someone who doesn't really know much about them to begin with.

Then of course you've got the ones like Janty and David Yang's that already have the battery box attached so they really do not require the high mah like the non-battery box ones around.

So yeh, it does get confusing. And it doesn't help that a lot of these sites don't post the specs so you can tell right away if it would work or not.

I try to impress the 1000mah because I bought my passthrough before they were sold by the suppliers here so trying to find something to work with them was all trial and error....and a nightmare!

A 500mah usb car adapter; 500mah usb wall adapter...purchased and no good. (That's why I got cheap ones....to see if they'd even work.) And at that time, there was no word about these battery packs you see mentioned around here now. Those became popular after Puresmoker started selling the passthroughs.

Well, I really didn't mean to go on so long here but my point is...if you can help the newbs before they spend too much on useless items...the better it is! So spread the word! LOL

Lu

fz1bill

Feb 22, 2009
Shelby twp Mi
You should be, yes. It sounds like the penstyle would do the job nicely as the batteries last longer. If you get a USB passthrough for it as well then you don't need to bother with batteries if you're within range of your computer.
Ok great, but where can I get one of these USB passthrough, devices? I'm in the US. Thanks in advance.

MonkeyMonk

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
CaptainRon, it didn't work (no vapor)... then today picked it up put in a new cart., attached the overnight charged battery and it worked. Had about 40 min.'s of great vaping. Thought that maybe it was that the atomizer needed to be broken in. So, I posted and got an affirmative on that.

Then, it got a little weak so I added 2 drops of mint. And, *kamoom*, back to the hard to suck, no vapor again. So, now I'm thinking maybe it's the eJuice... Can't figure it out, yet.

As far a batteries with the pen-style, I got no complaints. After, I purchased. I found this forum and read posts that the place I bought from had some bad chargers or batteries. So, I was worried, but so far my charger and batteries are doing fine. But, I haven't reached 2 weeks yet. Which is right around the time frame that was posted (think someone posted 12 days...)

Another con, for me, is that it's so big and heavy and has a cigarette holder type mouth piece versus what I'm used to ( a round analog).

However, if it would just work all the time like this morning, I would have pitched my analogs completely.

I think my biggest suggestion would be to pick a supplier from this forum's list. They all post here and you should be able to get quick speedy service.

Ok, now for the "outlet" that we put the USB in, can I use my iPhone's USB outlet?

I'm not following about the "mah". If we get one that's to high can we burn ours up?

I agree: Penstyle

You'll need to keep a supply of prefilled carts....can't be driving OTR and trying to top off carts ;) ! I tried that on my drive from Alabama to Texas and that's scary. And if you're you're driving a rig, you can't just pull over and top 'em off like I could in my Protege. :D

USB Pass through is my choice with charged batteries on hand as spares. 1000mah 12v adapter minimum for the passthrough.

(GabbyD recommended one from Walmart that has several different adapters. It's made by Phillips (SJM2208/17) and works great. I believe she said she found hers in the aisle with the TV adapters and such. And that's where my store had them as well. Around $10 bucks or so)
Here's a pic I snagged from someone else's forum.

USB20Charger20iPhone3g1.jpg

Here's a link to Puresmoker's offering for the penstyle passthrough. Others have them as well:

PureSmoker.com - Your #1 Source For ECigs, Parts, & Accessories!

Spare atomizers and juice always a good idea.

Good luck!

666JackTheKnife666

Feb 18, 2009
Ron I am a Trucker 2 and like you want to puff all day and not have to **** around with my Ecig much. I currently have a penstyle and that works pretty well but I think that the ECigar is going to be more inline with what I want.
I currently have one on order so I cant tell you first hand what I think is the better of the 2.

What I like about the ECigar is the HUGE Carts they have and the bigger longer lasting battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread