Status
Not open for further replies.

fatherdano

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2012
ohio
I came home from work today and found a package from REOsmods.

Two brand new Reomizer 2.0, wick and wire. A special gift from a very generous and caring friend.

I am very excited to use them. So far I looked at them and am very impressed with the quality.

Tomorrow I will wrap coils and see just what they can do!

Thank you so much my friend, for setting me up with a wonderful surprise! :wub:

You deserve it Karen! Wish it was me who sent them, but it was not.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Karen, what do you mean "tomorrow"?!

I know. I so wanted to do it today. But I had a chiro apt and it kinda has my hurting a bit too much. Taking pain meds and only accomplishing a little computer time and then ice and my couch.

Tomorrow will be better and I WILL do it then and hopefully take a couple pics!

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Well, time for a new wick already. Too much tooting without enough squonking. :vapor:

Very soon I won't have that problem actually I don't have it now. SS Mesh is very forgiving, I give it a dry burn every day and it's very fresh no nasty burnt taste.

Currently I'm at 28g ss400 with 4 wraps for a .8ohm Resistance and I'm vaping at a sweet spot of 4V
Can't wait to see the difference that Ceramic will make.

I'm stoked I have FC-2000 porous Ceramic Wick and the XC-116 Braided Ceramic Wick coming in.

I'm in Vape Heaven on my Reomizer right now but I can see Vape Nirvana on the Horizon.

Last edited:

Northernshrink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Bracebridge Ont Canada
I am finding with the 2.0 the smaller coils are definitely the way to go for me. Was using a much larger coil in the original version and it just didn't seem to taste that great on the 2.0. Made a few smaller coils and it has made a huge difference for me. Like anything you need to play with your thingy to find what works best :D

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
Question. REO noob, here. :)

I thought that when you squonked, the excess would go back down the hole into the bottle. In fact, I think it did that the first day. But now, I can get a bunch of liquid just sitting in the ceramic bowl and when I take the atomizer completely off and look, there is some sitting in the middle of the 510 connection too. Shouldn't that have gone back down the hole?

'Splain, please. :)

boilednuts

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
ALOHA STATE
Question. REO noob, here. :)

I thought that when you squonked, the excess would go back down the hole into the bottle. In fact, I think it did that the first day. But now, I can get a bunch of liquid just sitting in the ceramic bowl and when I take the atomizer completely off and look, there is some sitting in the middle of the 510 connection too. Shouldn't that have gone back down the hole?

'Splain, please. :)

I'm hoping that the bottle tube is not flush against the bottom of the bottle. If it is try sniping a very small piece from the end of the tube at an angle so theres a place for the juice to run out from. If the tube is off of the bottom then I thought it was possibly some sort of vapor lock but not sure. Mine happens when the bottle's level is low. Try this only if you have a REO that's NOT variable voltage or woodville, remove the bottle first, try flushing out the tube from the connector end with warm water and dry well before using again. Rinse out bottle cap as well. Also try and flush out the RM2 with warm water from both top and bottom, again dry well before use. You can, as someone else suggested in another thread, microwave some water until boiling then let atty soak for a few minutes. Don't think its the RM2 because it happens on any atty I use but might as well since you are at the sink. This has helped, since doing so about 10 days ago the flooding has happened again just once since. Other than this try and not do a double squonk (squeezing the bottle a second time before time is allowed for the juice to flow back inside the bottle from the first squonk or a very hard and rapid release type of squonk. Logically if pressure builds inside the bottle then the juice will self feed or prevent the juice to drain. But how?? Not sure yet, like I said earlier I think more than likely some sorta vapor lock going on which the latter part of my answer may address and not a pressure related one. Hopefully someone else has an answer for you, if not I am thinking about it. Lots of practical experience running all kinds/sizes of pumps which is what a squonk basically is although at a much smaller scale, but no theoretical exposure.

Probable causes:

1. debris blocking hole between connector and bottle preventing juice to drain

2. vapor lock

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
Thanks a bunch. I took the bottle off and put it back on. I did nothing to it at all. But, it seems to be working now. The hose is really close to the bottom and the long part of it may be touching, but the slanted part isn't. Is that ok? I do have a little less than 1/2 a bottle of juice in there. Is there some kind of learned guideline about not letting it get lower than x level?

boilednuts

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
ALOHA STATE
Thanks a bunch. I took the bottle off and put it back on. I did nothing to it at all. But, it seems to be working now. The hose is really close to the bottom and the long part of it may be touching, but the slanted part isn't. Is that ok? I do have a little less than 1/2 a bottle of juice in there. Is there some kind of learned guideline about not letting it get lower than x level?

No guideline that I know of, I was just relaying my observations so maybe someone else can be of help. Usually when the bottle is removed and reinstalled it might be just temporary.....keep us updated :)

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011

Removing the bottle probably released the excess pressure inside the bottle. This can happen from over tightening the bottle I believe. Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.

boilednuts

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
ALOHA STATE
Removing the bottle probably released the excess pressure inside the bottle. This can happen from over tightening the bottle I believe. Somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.

Actually this would be true if dealing with a closed system, like the piping in your home. With all your water outlets closed, pressure builds in the line. Now close the water main and open an outlet the pressure is released and cannot build again unless you open the main once more. The REO is like having an open outlet all the time. Having the same air pressure that is controlled by elevation/heat and no squonk the pressure should not build. The tube going up to the 510 connector is a vent and any pressure built up in the bottle is gonna release there, after it releases whatever fluid thats inside the tube should equalize with the level in the bottle.

Of course properties of surface tension will enable a tiny bit of fluid to become suspended in the tube at levels higher than the bottle. This is where I'm most interested in. I have noticed that sometimes the tube does not drain completely down to the bottle fluid level. This seldomly happens and may be hard for you to see because the REO tubing is a milky color. Having a darker juice makes this more visible, but along with this I have installed a clear tube which makes it very visible to see the fluid going up and down. Is the heat transfer from the atty to the 510 connector on the REO somehow affecting surface tension to prevent the fluid draining to the bottle?? I'll need more observations of this phenomena.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Actually this would be true if dealing with a closed system, like the piping in your home. With all your water outlets closed, pressure builds in the line. Now close the water main and open an outlet the pressure is released and cannot build again unless you open the main once more. The REO is like having an open outlet all the time. Having the same air pressure that is controlled by elevation/heat and no squonk the pressure should not build. The tube going up to the 510 connector is a vent and any pressure built up in the bottle is gonna release there, after it releases whatever fluid thats inside the tube should equalize with the level in the bottle.

Of course properties of surface tension will enable a tiny bit of fluid to become suspended in the tube at levels higher than the bottle. This is where I'm most interested in. I have noticed that sometimes the tube does not drain completely down to the bottle fluid level. This seldomly happens and may be hard for you to see because the REO tubing is a milky color. Having a darker juice makes this more visible, but along with this I have installed a clear tube which makes it very visible to see the fluid going up and down. Is the heat transfer from the atty to the 510 connector on the REO somehow affecting surface tension to prevent the fluid draining to the bottle?? I'll need more observations of this phenomena.

:blink: That all sounds good and you obviously know more about pressure than I do but I'm not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing with what I said. :confused: :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread