An honest review

Status
Not open for further replies.

planetofthevapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Pandhandle of Nebraska
Ok, now that I've got this all figured out, I want to leave an honest review.

To the owners of GotVapes I want to say they are professional and quick to respond. They are quick to ship and very nice to deal with. I did NOT see a drop down menu for the cone for this passthru, so I left a message advising I did in fact want the cone. Within an hour or less I rec'd a message back stating where the menu was and that if I wanted the cone that I could send a paypal payment for $4 to their email. I declined and stated I would pick one up on the next order. Shortly after, the order was shipped. This shipped Friday evening and I got it on Tuesday. This is fantastic for the free shipping I got. For this, I'm excited as heck!

I opened my order to find everything was there, and guess what, the cone had been included anyways. Awesome, I'm so excited, I'll have to remember to get $4 out now because that was just so awesome. The fluxomizers I purchased I had wanted green, I did get plain clear, but I won't complain because I am so excited about the cone and really, color is just color, doesn't affect performance.

Now, onto the liquids, both smell amazing. I don't mind the egyption (sp?), a bit florally, and the chubby monkey is pretty yummy. Zero throat hit, but I'll get over it.

The adapters work well, made well, and fit perfect, woohoo!

Now, as for the fluxomizers, this is where I started to get annoyed and thought this might be the end for me and GotVapes... I filled (after some fudging with the little rubber needle thing) and let sit for about 10 minutes, took a small vape and INSTANT dry atomizer flavor... So now I drip some in the top, good flavor for 3 hits and back to dry atomizer. I think maybe it needs broken in so I just keep doing a bit of drippy drip and hope for the best. The horrible flavor keeps coming back. :( So, after asking for some help and after watching some videos, I permanently removed the big "rubber" with the needle holes in it. I loop the wicks so they are just over the level of the coil...instantly they start sopping up liquid. Take a hit, the bad flavor is GONE, wicking like a champ, I'm vaping like a champ, loving it. I am throwing away the mouthpiece though, too restricting, I'm back to tailpiping like I do with everything!

So, overall review. Customer service is excellent. Speed is superb. Product is great. I'm hooked. By the way, you did steal me away from another supplier that I have used for a year now. I won't name names but what I will say is they had the best cartomizers for the longest time until the last modification which I hate. I can make a carto last for a week or two with no modifications or cleaning (BANG FOR MY BUCK), but the newest modification made them last a day or two tops...no bang for my buck any more. Now, I've only had these fluxomizers for a couple hours, so I can't speak for longevity but the price is right and the flavor is better than anything I have EVER gotten while vaping. For now, I say good night, thank you for reading!

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Take a pair of pointy scissors and clip the wick openings a little bigger and replace it. Without the ceramic cup cover, you will horrible leaking problems.

I've used clearomizers since they came out and I've had to do this on every one of them. You would think that RS would eventually get it right.

I like reading good reviews about suppliers.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
+ 1 on cutting the filler ring around the wicks, that's the first thing I do now. I've tried them without doing that and didn't have any issues with wicking but it only takes a second could only help. Just cut a upside down V shape with a pair of pointy scissors and be careful not to cut the ring into...don't ask me about that one.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Woot!

Now you have to know you made me and Chris's day...

Thanks for taking the time : )

Ok, now that I've got this all figured out, I want to leave an honest review.

To the owners of GotVapes I want to say they are professional and quick to respond. They are quick to ship and very nice to deal with. I did NOT see a drop down menu for the cone for this passthru, so I left a message advising I did in fact want the cone. Within an hour or less I rec'd a message back stating where the menu was and that if I wanted the cone that I could send a paypal payment for $4 to their email. I declined and stated I would pick one up on the next order. Shortly after, the order was shipped. This shipped Friday evening and I got it on Tuesday. This is fantastic for the free shipping I got. For this, I'm excited as heck!

I opened my order to find everything was there, and guess what, the cone had been included anyways. Awesome, I'm so excited, I'll have to remember to get $4 out now because that was just so awesome. The fluxomizers I purchased I had wanted green, I did get plain clear, but I won't complain because I am so excited about the cone and really, color is just color, doesn't affect performance.

Now, onto the liquids, both smell amazing. I don't mind the egyption (sp?), a bit florally, and the chubby monkey is pretty yummy. Zero throat hit, but I'll get over it.

The adapters work well, made well, and fit perfect, woohoo!

Now, as for the fluxomizers, this is where I started to get annoyed and thought this might be the end for me and GotVapes... I filled (after some fudging with the little rubber needle thing) and let sit for about 10 minutes, took a small vape and INSTANT dry atomizer flavor... So now I drip some in the top, good flavor for 3 hits and back to dry atomizer. I think maybe it needs broken in so I just keep doing a bit of drippy drip and hope for the best. The horrible flavor keeps coming back. :( So, after asking for some help and after watching some videos, I permanently removed the big "rubber" with the needle holes in it. I loop the wicks so they are just over the level of the coil...instantly they start sopping up liquid. Take a hit, the bad flavor is GONE, wicking like a champ, I'm vaping like a champ, loving it. I am throwing away the mouthpiece though, too restricting, I'm back to tailpiping like I do with everything!

So, overall review. Customer service is excellent. Speed is superb. Product is great. I'm hooked. By the way, you did steal me away from another supplier that I have used for a year now. I won't name names but what I will say is they had the best cartomizers for the longest time until the last modification which I hate. I can make a carto last for a week or two with no modifications or cleaning (BANG FOR MY BUCK), but the newest modification made them last a day or two tops...no bang for my buck any more. Now, I've only had these fluxomizers for a couple hours, so I can't speak for longevity but the price is right and the flavor is better than anything I have EVER gotten while vaping. For now, I say good night, thank you for reading!

Amy41996

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
Chicago, Illinois, United States
I have to say,,,,to add
I have been looking high and low for a while for "my store" been everywhere, got lots of stuff,,,now i havnt tried the ejuice, but i got a feeling its great,,,but finally i think i found "my store"
Chris,,,,u are awsome and thanks sooo much for all your help and walking me thru how to use the flux,,,i love em and i will not stray,,,went to a vape meet and well saw the ego t atty and carto yeah kinda cool but i cant keep my hands away from the flux )
I look forward to the new stuff coming and i look at least 2 times a day for notifaction lolol yes, i am hooked and for good reason,,,,Gotvapes.com is the most awsome place
Thank again chris and gotvapes
Amy

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
can someone please describe how you are supposed to get the ceramic cup cap back on? I've tried several times but it just will not push back onto the ceramic cup!

You have to push down on it with even pressure.

I put the battery end of the carto on a mouse pad. Then I rock the carto back and forth. You'll notice that the ceramic cup moves as you rock the carto. Note where the ceramic cup is about in the center of the carto.

Then place the cup seal in the top of the carto. (Look thru the hole on the cup seal and make sure the slots in the seal are lined up with the slots in the ceramic cup.) You'll need a tool to push it down that is about the same diameter as the seal. I find the head of a dry wall screw works great. Some people use the flat end of a ball point pen.

Rock the carto into the position that you had before where the ceramic cup was centered and push down on the cup seal with the dry wall screw / tool.

Once you do it 2 or 3 times you'll get the hang of it.

Last edited:

pixiedust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2011
Nevada
I take the clear rubber seal out and throw it away. That way, you take your drip tip off (I use a regular aluminum drip tip) tilt the carto to the side and drip juice into it) I have never had any leakage and can't imagine why that would be an issue with a drip tip on it. If the drip tip is too tight put a little juice or pg on it and it will slip right in. The only problem I have had with any fluxomizers is with the XL, they just don't wick well. I think the tube is too tight or something, the solution (which is a pain and the reason I quit using them) is to tilt the fluxo so that juice hits the ceramic cup. I'm putting all my XL's into bottle mods now, but I'm still using the regulars on my ego battery.

Shantia

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
You have to push down on it with even pressure.

I put the battery end of the carto on a mouse pad. Then I rock the carto back and forth. You'll notice that the ceramic cup moves as you rock the carto. Not where the ceramic cup is about in the center of the carto.

Then place the cup seal in the top of the carto. You'll need a tool to push it down that is about the same diameter as the seal. I find the head of a dry wall screw works great.

Rock the carto into the position that you had before where the ceramic cup was centered and push down on the cup seal with the dry wall screw / tool.

Once you do it 2 or 3 times you'll get the hang of it.

Thanks i will give this a try!

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Take a pair of pointy scissors and clip the wick openings a little bigger and replace it. Without the ceramic cup cover, you will horrible leaking problems.

I've used clearomizers since they came out and I've had to do this on every one of them. You would think that RS would eventually get it right.

I like reading good reviews about suppliers.

My question is this. Why aren't they sold in vaping condition? Why should someone buy a product that first needs to be customized before it will work? I'm not trying to dis the people or the product I'm just tired of buying things that first need an overhaul before they work properly. It seems after all the posts of doing this and that to them that the manufacturers would have made those changes before the next batch came out. Be like buying a new car and before you drive it you have to put a different injection system on it because the way they're sold they won't run. Again I'm not talking bad about them I'm just trying to find out why I can't buy these in working order.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
this seems a issue with almost every product out there, but i promise we are getting closer then ever at getting them closer to where you want them, fixes take time plain and simple to implement and sometimes fixes cause other issues but we are getting closer. more announcements incoming

Great, I can't wait. That is good news.

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth
My question is this. Why aren't they sold in vaping condition? Why should someone buy a product that first needs to be customized before it will work? I'm not trying to dis the people or the product I'm just tired of buying things that first need an overhaul before they work properly. It seems after all the posts of doing this and that to them that the manufacturers would have made those changes before the next batch came out. Be like buying a new car and before you drive it you have to put a different injection system on it because the way they're sold they won't run. Again I'm not talking bad about them I'm just trying to find out why I can't buy these in working order.

well the problem is they're made in china! not really a bad thing but they use really thin juice over there so we must slightly modify it to work with our thicker american juices.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
this seems a issue with almost every product out there, but i promise we are getting closer then ever at getting them closer to where you want them, fixes take time plain and simple to implement and sometimes fixes cause other issues but we are getting closer. more announcements incoming

Then why keep selling them? None of this is new, and if you actually vaped them before you put them up on the website you would see there are serious issues. You stock replacement tubes because you know the clear ones are going to break. Yall have great customer service, there is no doubt about that. Why not dump RoyalSmokers and focus on good products? Microcig isn't going to make any real fixes until people stop buying their faulty products. That one company is going to sink your entire business or make you look like a scammer. I've bought plenty from yall, including the CE2 failomizers, thinking you honestly had these fixed. Not going to happen anymore, they are still messed up and your still telling us they are "better".

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
becuase they are better then other options hands down, issues on a few wont change the fact that the ce2 blows away filler cartos and is easier then dripping...

Its not affecting our business, people want the ce2, and we try to resolve issues, people spend 150 bucks on a auto feeder that leaks from the other guys, are you asking them why they sell those. are you going to ask every vendor to stop selling what they sell because none of them have the golden egg when it comes to vaping so your point isnt getting through with me but I appreciate your concern. There are many vendors who sell the CE2...

so like I said nothing is perfect but we are striving to make it better, you shouldnt assume martinez doesnt fix issues because the fact is we went through many revisions and each time improvements where made, there where setbacks but improvements keep coming.

and are you seriously asking me if i vape the ce2 and ce2-x, REALLy?? i vape more then most people buy, i test more then almost anyone out there when it comes to the ce2, everyone here knows this and i stand behind my statement, there isnt much out there that comes even close to the ce2 even with minor issues some may have, no other product gives this much vapor, this many ohm options, clear and non clear, modifiable to the 10th degree, other then whats coming down the pipeline

Last edited:

pineappledan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
Dartmouth
becuase they are better then other options hands down, issues on a few wont change the fact that the ce2 blows away filler cartos and is easier then dripping
Its not affecting our business, people want the ce2, and we try to resolve issues, people spend 150 bucks on a uato feeder that leaks form the other guys, are you asking them why they sell those. are you going to ask every vendor to stop selling what they sell becuase none of them have the golden egg when it comes to vaping so your point isnt getting through with me but I appreciate your concern.

so like I said nothing is perfect but we are striving to make it better, you shouldnt assume martinez doesnt fix issues because the fact is we went through many revisions and each time improvements where made, there where setbacks but improvements keep coming.

and are you seriously asking me if i vape the ce2 and ce2-x, REALLy?? i vape more then most people buy, i test more then almost anyone out there when it comes to the ce2, everyone here knows this and i stand behind my statement, there isnt much out there that comes even close to the ce2 even with minor issues some may have, no other product gives this much vapor, this many ohm options, clear and non clear, modifiable to the 10th degree, other then whats coming down the pipeline

couldn't agree with you more. how long did your clearamizer stock last, like 2 weeks? I don't know how long you guys have been in buisness but you're on the ball with new and upgraded products.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Nearly every carto I have used before and after the CE2 (which is by FAR my favorite vaping solution) has had major issues to the point that they weren't even usable. I just chalked it up to experience, didn't stress over it majorly and moved on. If these are not for you then that's fine but to say any vendor who continues to sell the CE2 jeopardizes their reputation as a scammer is WAY off base. I appreciate your input as a fellow Texan but I strongly take umbrage to your statements.

By the way we stock replacement tubes for a DISPOSABLE product as an innovative act of customer service. We sell them very inexpensively to help our customers EXTEND the life of the cartomizer. So you have taken what we do for the customer and twisted that round.

I understand that we have positioned ourselves in the forefornt of this technology as we believe in it and maybe that is why you are venting here even though many many other vendors sell this product also. We aren't happy with EVERYTHING about the CE2 and we work tirelessly behind the scenes to the point that the owner of RoyalSmokers almost dreads seeing us contact him through Skype and other venues.

Then why keep selling them? None of this is new, and if you actually vaped them before you put them up on the website you would see there are serious issues. You stock replacement tubes because you know the clear ones are going to break. Yall have great customer service, there is no doubt about that. Why not dump RoyalSmokers and focus on good products? Microcig isn't going to make any real fixes until people stop buying their faulty products. That one company is going to sink your entire business or make you look like a scammer. I've bought plenty from yall, including the CE2 failomizers, thinking you honestly had these fixed. Not going to happen anymore, they are still messed up and your still telling us they are "better".

Last edited:

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
not all of our stock is on the site, people by in bulk and we also have affiliates, the ce2 sells plain and simple, i wish it was presto magic and not 1 had any issues but this isnt the case but we strive to get them improved.

there isnt any other person on ecf or any forum that is involved with the ce2 more then i am, NO ONE.
now obviously friends like navathian,br,nick,stormy,zoid and a few others where all crucial in its developement even they all know what I say is true. Im the one losing sleep every other night getting martinez to fix issues, I am the one taking the heat but daniel and i will strive forward and keep the improvements coming plain and simple. Im not going to china to work in their factory but I do everything feasably possible to make sure they hear about what needs to be done.

We will continue to sell the ce2-x until something better comes that blows it away or until the people dont want it anymore and trust me thats not the case yet or anytime soon.

Amy41996

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Keep Up The Awsome Work GotVapes!!!
Chris and Dan do an awsome job....yeah,,i may only have 4+ months in vaping,,,,,but like many noobys i have bought TONS,,,,,tooo long to list at every place i have shopped. I have come across great and awful. I started at one of those rip off places, like a lot of do......well from the people i have talked to. I thought when i started that it was THE place I could settle in and just order and done,,,,nope, soo wrong. I have gone to sooo many vendors and suppliers and it makes me dizzy to think about it. I feel finally I found a one stop store for myself,,,thats for me. Everyone is different, and now the pv world is booming and every vendor and supplier is trying to keep up.
To me, GotVapes is keeping up, they are doing everything in their power for their customers.
Thanks GotVapes.com!!
Amy

Last edited:

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Nearly every carto I have used before and after the CE2 (which is by FAR my favorite vaping solution) has had major issues to the point that they weren't even usable. I just chalked it up to experience, didn't stress over it majorly and moved on. If these are not for you then that's fine but to say any vendor who continues to sell the CE2 jeopardizes their reputation as a scammer is WAY off base. I appreciate your input as a fellow Texan but I strongly take umbrage to your statements.

By the way we stock replacement tubes for a DISPOSABLE product as an innovative act of customer service. We sell them very inexpensively to help our customers EXTEND the life of the cartomizer. So you have taken what we do for the customer and twisted that round.

I understand that we have positioned ourselves in the forefornt of this technology as we believe in it and maybe that is why you are venting here even though many many other vendors sell this product also. We aren't happy with EVERYTHING about the CE2 and we work tirelessly behind the scenes to the point that the owner of RoyalSmokers almost dreads seeing us contact him through Skype and other venues.

I'm posting here because I'm staring at my last order from yall from last week. No other vendor makes the statements you do about them being "improved", or that somehow you have a special in with Microcig and they special make yours. So I believed, and I ordered. Thats what bothers me, you honestly believe these are great products, better then everything out there, yet nothing else has as much outcry from the community about how hit and miss they are. Maybe I should have emailed: "Do these still have the wicking problem, and cheesy tube that break if you sneeze next to them?" I didn't, I just believed, then I see another thread where someone else got tricked as well. I believed that the new "fat wick", and "thicker tubes" had solved some issues. So here I am, with a cracked tube again, and a mouthful of burnt plastic taste in my mouth. Another 9 cartomizers I'll hang onto to let my friends and family try so they won't get ripped off either: Just like the last 3 revisions.

My collection has grown too large though, I see that now. Maybe once, a year ago, I could handle that burnt taste in my mouth. I remember the primer quite vividly, and I used to just vape through it. Those times have changed. Now I can't stand it. Now there is cartos and attys from every manufacturer. Now there are Multiple mods, thousands of dollars worth, all of the best ones, and a juice lab I can mix any ratio I want. Now a year has passed, and I should have known better.

That kiosk at the mall sells a lot of proprietary little ecigs also. They sell juice for $15 for 3ml. They have been in business there at the mall longer then I have been vaping, and they are no where near going out of business either. Just because people buy a lot, doesn't mean its the best out there, nor even good.

It's disheartening to see other people get nailed. I saw the posters review, and I just had to chime in. He trusted yall also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread