Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Then why keep selling them? None of this is new, and if you actually vaped them before you put them up on the website you would see there are serious issues. You stock replacement tubes because you know the clear ones are going to break. Yall have great customer service, there is no doubt about that. Why not dump RoyalSmokers and focus on good products? Microcig isn't going to make any real fixes until people stop buying their faulty products. That one company is going to sink your entire business or make you look like a scammer. I've bought plenty from yall, including the CE2 failomizers, thinking you honestly had these fixed. Not going to happen anymore, they are still messed up and your still telling us they are "better".

Stownz, I'm curious about something. What is it you actually want? It's quite evident you're angry about these issues, but your questions beg for something more.

You are asking a vendor why they are selling a product that isn't perfect? Would you be willing to post something about a vendor whose product IS perfect (talking about cartos here)?

You question whether or not a vendor who is active in the vaping community in terms of progress in equipment has actually vaped on the product he stands by and sells? REALLY?

You state that the vendor stocks replacement tubes because they know the clear ones are going to break, and that's a BAD thing?

You go on to state that Microcig will not make any real fixes until people stop buying their "faulty" products. REALLY? Have you stopped vaping then?

Your next statement looks a lot like a back-handed insinuating insult. To even hint at scamming the public on a public forum... what could you possibly hope to get from that. You then drop down to name calling.

If you absolutely think that everything about this product and these vendors is SO awful and wrong, wouldn't you just decide not to purchase from them again?

Or are you trying to save us... Yes, you got the inference correct.

It sounds like you are genuinely unhappy, and filled with bitter complaints, but also making a bit of an attempt to offer up advice to GV. I think your suggestions will repeatedly fall on deaf ears, as you are screaming a bit too loudly.

Just my :2c:

PS. I've never purchased from GV, but after reading this, I think an order from me will soon be in the works.

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
I guess I just "don't get" where I & others are "gettin' nailed here" as you put it ....

I love the fluxomisers & I use 100% (well 80%vg/20% flav&PGA) VG

& I have NO WICKING ISSUES at all ! Wicks fine every time &
I also HAVE NEVER had a BAD taste out of one of these .
I don't do any thing to these out of the box,
'cept remove 1st 2 plugs to fill & I don't replace 2nd one after filling .

I just killed my 1st one out of the new batch & I had been using it almost exclusively(due to ego-T tank issues) for over 8 days straight (chainvaper)& I KILLED IT ,it did not die on its own .I dropped it while cleaning & tried to catch it quick ...caught wick & it swung & hit side of sink & broke the coil.

and the POINT here is even in MY HANDS this poor little thing worked GREAT for 8 days !

& if one does the math ....even figuring in shipping these ce2's cost ...

$ 2.61 each & that means that "that one" cost me .32 cents a DAY to use !!

In my last batch several had lasted up to 3 weeks each...that put them @ like .12cents a day !!

I am totally in awe that these can be produced for those prices !
I mean have you ACTUALLY LOOKED at a CE2 ?
There is an amazing amount of precise work that goes into making one of these !

and the Got Vapes guys are great ! And work very hard to keep everyone as happy with the products that they sell as they can .... none of the stuff I've bought in the last 7-8 months works as well as the ce2's & I for one am very satisfied w/their service & products & all their time & effort involved in bringing us all the latest products at GREAT prices !

Kremer

Apr 5, 2011
Ohio
I killed my fist CE2 today also, after using them for weeks. It seems blowing over the coil while dry burning can really increase oxidation rate of juice residue and heat generation to the point that it pops the coil before you know what happened. From cold it barely glowed at ~3sec then popped dang near a second later, at about white hot. I was shocked, I supposed I was taking heat away not increasing heat. live and learn, I have 14 left :)

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I killed my fist CE2 today also, after using them for weeks. It seems blowing over the coil while dry burning can really increase oxidation rate of juice residue and heat generation to the point that it pops the coil before you know what happened. From cold it barely glowed at ~3sec then popped dang near a second later, at about white hot. I was shocked, I supposed I was taking heat away not increasing heat. live and learn, I have 14 left :)

You do have to be carefull. Just like blowing on coals in a BBQ makes them hotter, blowing on the atomizer coal does the same thing. Increase of Oxygen does make things burn hot. Hot enough to pop the wire.

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
I would like to remind everyone that cartomizers were designed and sold to be used once and thrown away. Anyone who is not doing that is experimenting and has nothing to complain about.

It is the vaping community and the kind of people we find here that immediately started pushing for cartomizers that will last for refill after refill. Think about it, if you were a manufacturer or a vender would you rather sell 1 cartomizer that last for a month or sell 30 of them that same month. Manufacturers don't really have a great incentive to make these last. For that we are depending on people from this community. Gotvapes along with a few other have been in the forefront in improving our vaping experience and I for one am grateful and thank them for it.

Kremer

Apr 5, 2011
Ohio
You do have to be carefull. Just like blowing on coals in a BBQ makes them hotter, blowing on the atomizer coal does the same thing. Increase of Oxygen does make things burn hot. Hot enough to pop the wire.

Yep, I did not consider the coil gunk to be a fuel source until the 'oh crap' moment.

I would like to remind everyone that cartomizers were designed and sold to be used once and thrown away. Anyone who is not doing that is experimenting and has nothing to complain about.

I'd like to think it's a little more than one use, refilled a few times until performance problems then tossed. They are not designed to be cleaned, burned, etc...

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yep, I did not consider the coil gunk to be a fuel source until the 'oh crap' moment.

LOL. I think we have all been there and done that.

What I find as the safest methode is to only hold the button down long enough to make smoke then let off. Might take 4 or 5 times until all the "gunk" is gone. There is no need make the atomizer glow Red while burning off the gunk.

Once the gunk is gone and no more smoke is coming off the coil, then I hold the button long enough for the coil to turn Red then let off. I do this 3 or 4 times. This methode puts less strees on the coil than some of the vids I've seen where they just hold the button down for 20 or 30 seconds.

Also, if you put 5 or 6 drops of White Vinegar on the coil and let it soak for 30 minutes followed by a rinse and dry, the dry burn process is greatly reduced. Sometimes not even needed.

Grinch99

Mar 16, 2011
Fort Lauderdale
Not being one to let a good argument surface and not chime in I have to put in my 2 cents worth on this....
Firstly let me say that in my opinion Gotvapes is a good company with great people trying to bring new items to us and working to fix problems on existing items. Great job guys!

Having said that I have to admit that I'm just plain dissappointed in the CE2-X carto's. Tubes cracking around base literally fresh out of the package. I haven't sent in a complaint ticket yet, but I will shortly if for no other reason to let Gotvapes know about the issue with another customer. Mine are going to my tank mods so I won't be sending them back either.

So in short while I'm not upset about my purchase (bought 3 packs, all 15 had tubes cracked) I am surprised that after fixing so many issues on the R4's that cheap tubing is hurting the reputation of what appears to be an otherwise excellent and promising product.

.......again just my 2 cents worth of opinion.

Grinch99

Mar 16, 2011
Fort Lauderdale
Because I thought they were fixed.
Because when one works great, its fantastic.
Because they said "new fat wick", and "pre-burned": statements that would lead me to believe they were fixed.
Because this is the first time I have seen a 3.5 ohm version.

In my opinion, the CE2s are still extremely hit and miss product. From my experience, when they work right; they are fantastic. I personally feel there is extreme miss-repressentation of the revisions and their effects on the performance of this product that leads the buyer to believe that a substantial fix has occured. How is it the lack of tollerance for a cartomizer that will not wick 100% PG consistently gets catagorized as a "personal preference"?

Stownz, keep giving your opinions brother. Without them there won't be any real progress.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Cracking issues are occuring with some of our most recent shipment and we are communicating with the factory about this. Its strange because we never had this issue with the first batch of FLüXomizers we received. Its not all of them or even a major percentage of them. But if someone emails and sees cracks at the base and they HAVEN'T used them we'll be glad to have them send them back and either give a credit or some sort of an exchange. We want to gather as many of these up and send back to the factory so they can see the issues some people are having (they are now making us return everything).

The tubes were made thicker indeed but they probably have to be inserted onto the base with more force and with irregularties in manufacturing, some of the tubes may indeed crack at the base when inserted while others do not. Chris feels also that when we received the latest stock they could have been better padded at the corners of the boxes and thinks some man-handling may have introduced enough stress at those corners to induce some cracking at the base and we're addressing that with them also.

So I don't think its cheap tubing, these tubes are actually better.

Not being one to let a good argument surface and not chime in I have to put in my 2 cents worth on this....
Firstly let me say that in my opinion Gotvapes is a good company with great people trying to bring new items to us and working to fix problems on existing items. Great job guys!

Having said that I have to admit that I'm just plain dissappointed in the CE2-X carto's. Tubes cracking around base literally fresh out of the package. I haven't sent in a complaint ticket yet, but I will shortly if for no other reason to let Gotvapes know about the issue with another customer. Mine are going to my tank mods so I won't be sending them back either.

So in short while I'm not upset about my purchase (bought 3 packs, all 15 had tubes cracked) I am surprised that after fixing so many issues on the R4's that cheap tubing is hurting the reputation of what appears to be an otherwise excellent and promising product.

.......again just my 2 cents worth of opinion.

Amy41996

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
Chicago, Illinois, United States
ok,,,chiming in here
I am new...and when i find a place i like, after making a first initial small order, i got nuts buying stuff,,,,,i only had a few cracked flux,,,,,out of omg i dont know how many i got and different kinds. I dont believe this is a all out all the flux inventory is damaged...i bought to many to testify to that :) just sayin
I didnt contact gotvapes about them because well, 2 out of tons really didnt bother me and it was my decision not to.
How Dan and Chris run there business i am fully impressed. Yes i get frustrated with out of stock, but i know its out of their control and I know that they are running wild trying to do a million things at once....but to add, without haste. After contacting them, and how they helped me with my probs i can tell they want me, their consumer, to be happy with their products and i can hear the excitement they have about their products.
NO I DO NOT WORK and I AM NOT AN AFFLIATE of gotvapes and no i am not long time friends with either Chris or Dan, altho they are really cool :)
I am picky,,,very picky,,,,because of my first ecig experience...bad experience,,,,,,from that i learned a lot and have learned if a company is legit and sincere...gotvapes is. great actors if not
I keep on writing great reviews on what I have experienced cause its my experience.

only prob i had....yeah at first the flux confused the crap out of me...but i called chris, he walked me thru it and without a doubt, flux new version is the easiest carto i have yet to fill....still waiting for my vortex lol cause that part might change lol

This is just my experience,,,i have experienced a lot of crap products, wasted money, and with gotvapes, i dont feel i have wasted one dime.

Modrod.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
AZ, USA
The replacement tubes I bought don't crack so I assume these are the new tube design. My 510 tips also fit in the replacement tubes fine. I'm just using the replacement tubes instead of the ones that come on the clears now. I did end up breaking a wick after a cleaning but I plan to get some pyramid teabags so I can continue using it.

EDIT: I was wrong, the replacement tubes are cracking as well. I just noticed a large crack on the one I was using. Syringe mod here I come.

Last edited:

Grinch99

Mar 16, 2011
Fort Lauderdale
  • Deleted by badkolo
  • Reason: no ninja trolling

Grinch99

Mar 16, 2011
Fort Lauderdale
From my perspective, seeing all fifteen tubes crack at base. the cheap term fits.[/QUOTE

I'm not saying the carto was cheap, just that in my opinion the tubes appeared to be cheap. Remember, 15 cracked tubes is what I ended up with, all 15. Maybe I was just really unlucky and got sent all the bad tubes, who knows. All I'm saying is that from my perspective 0 for 15 is a really bad result. All the cartos will end up in my tank mods eventually, so all is good.

cryx

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2011
Midwest
I'll provide my observations. I ordered 2 packs of 2.6-2.8ohm stainless steel XL fluxomizers. I previously used CE2v4 cartos and loved them. I had to PTB mod them for wicking issues, and put the inner seal in upside to avoid bad taste from the silicone being way too close to the coil. Overall though, the CE2s are the best I've found.

I'm really enjoying my new cartos, but I'll admit I'm a bit dismayed because of the hype in ECF about this new generation. They definitely do wick a lot better, but they still tend to have problems even with 100% PG. Sure I can tip it upside down for a while but from what I read I thought I wouldn't have to do that anymore. I've had to notch the seals where the wicks are positioned which helps quite a bit. I think I'll buy some more tasty tea and PTB them.

My biggest gripe, with both the v4 and these new ones, is with the silicone seal on the cup. The lip is way too close to the coils, and the coils are often under the seal. I like to take 5-10s vapes which unfortunately causes the silicone to produce a nasty foul taste (toxic formaldehyde generation). I flipped the seal upside down on the v4s to remedy that issue, but I can't do that with these or it's a leaking disaster when the carto is laid on its side for a while. What I've had to do instead is use an exacto knife to cut the lip off that normally extends into the cup.

It seems that improvements to the seal are low hanging fruit. Bigger notches for the wicks, and a lip that barely extends into the cup would be a great improvement. Otherwise, these are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread