Phoenix bottom coil sold out, new stock coming in? =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

questionmark425

Jun 11, 2012
Colorado
Hi Guys!

Just want to preface this with the fact that GotVapes has treated me well, quick shipping and great service!

Now, onto the point :)

I ordered two boxes of the Phoenix XL 510 bottom coils at 2.4-2.6ohm, and received by accident 2.6-2.8ohm instead. A minor inconvenience as they still vape great (after a little modification to prevent dry hits). I opened a ticket with GotVapes and they gave me a $5 credit as it would be easier than the return process, and I would be using that credit to pick up some of the lower resistance ones anyway (great customer service IMO).

The issue now is, they are sold out (of all bottom coil phoenix clearos) so I am unable to get the 2.4-2.6 ones that I wanted to pick up, essentially making the credit null (at least for now) :(

But, I'm not here to complain, still have a few of them left for now, but I'm curious when these will be back in stock.

Thanks for everything GotVapes!:thumb:

Ralikar

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
Well, Rdsok, maybe you shouldn't be so glib about what's been covered for people asking for restock info. The inventory thread lists 5-6 days after the 11th. So they're late... Everything is late and GV is parsing out info about how they are releasing select products. That's the point of this question--to inform people not to flame them and send them to a thread with wrong info.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Well, Rdsok, maybe you shouldn't be so glib about what's been covered for people asking for restock info. The inventory thread lists 5-6 days after the 11th. So they're late... Everything is late and GV is parsing out info about how they are releasing select products. That's the point of this question--to inform people not to flame them and send them to a thread with wrong info.

There was nothing glib or flaming about my post... I simply linked them to the post that had the most recent information... so chill out and lighten up

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Agreed, it has been posted when these items are to be released and people are becoming anxious. This happens a lot with GV, unfortunately.
I have read a bunch of the threads on GV subforum and many are asking this same question today and I have yet to see any answer. In fact, Bad and Dan have answered other questions before and after these requests and not a morsel of acknowledgment. I think this is a completely logical thread, might be an answer will follow.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I do understand people getting anxious over when a product will get in... I just don't understand why Ralikar felt they needed to take it out on me when all I did was post a link to the most recent info I knew of...

Perhaps a sticky post were the ETA of current and up and coming product as well as changes in the ETA when that happens would help give us a one place stop for that type of info... it probably won't stop the questions but it is sure to limit them some.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I have no problem with your link, I was just thinking people are getting twitchy because GV sets a date and nearly always fail to meet it. This causes people to get upset, and then GV will then think people are only made at them because of a problem with their products when I think this is the real issue.
I like GV, and I understand their marketing, but soon people begin to move on because of the same thing that brought them in.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Hmmm....I didn't have to give any approximate dates at all. I took time out of a very busy day to try my best to estimate based on what manufacturers were communicating - and a very thorough list (rdsok posted a link to that thread- thanks rdsok). Go to ANY forum, and see what vendor does that - its all in the interest of respecting our customers and doing our best to keep them informed. Believe me, if they are here we put it up, or we aren't in business. We are dealing with China here. There isn't a vendor out there that doesn't have customers ready to buy while they sit on their hands just waiting for the courier to finally deliver...

I have no problem with your link, I was just thinking people are getting twitchy because GV sets a date and nearly always fail to meet it. This causes people to get upset, and then GV will then think people are only made at them because of a problem with their products when I think this is the real issue.
I like GV, and I understand their marketing, but soon people begin to move on because of the same thing that brought them in.

Last edited:

Ralikar

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
1) I had a whole pack of PBCs that really had no holes to speak of and they got ruined each time I had to RAM a needle into the "hole". It happens but it sure does suck. So I totally support GVs! delaying things cause of a QC issue. It's way better than sending out crap.

2) However, to anyone that's worked in a huge company, a big sales/marketing rollout is a big deal and has everyone on edge. Why? Because people make committments based on the times told to them. And this is nicotine we are sort of addicted. And they need to be informed. I respect GV policing up QC issues, but the reality is when you generate massive hype to sell your new line and blow the date and can't update properly then people get upset.

3) I'll tell you my story. I got your PBCs promptly and loved them, posting great things all over. I was 100% aligned with GV and excited. I noticed you ran out of 2.5s so i posted politely on page 7 of the supply form asking how your company does resupply for the future and info on the novas. It was ignored. Then you ran out of PBC, after not replying to my post. Then 4 out of 5 cartos in the next box were junk. I waited till Tuesday for the novas. Now it's Wednesday. And, even, after a fun post, you post some info on some things, nothing on others. And then come here like you're going out of your way to do us a favor. You make the $$ not us, you dated the rollout not your customers.

So how would you feel if you were me?

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
I completely understand any frustration waiting for restock on these items, completely.

When I created the thread on upcoming, incoming, restock, I was trying to create a thread that had as many of the products we were awaiting in one master thread (although it wasn't meant to be completely exhaustive, I had just taken a pause of my day and tried to give some info off the top of my head) and to try my best to give estimated times we hoped they might arrive. This was created for the benefit of our customers, precisely because we appreciate them so much and respect them and want to keep them in the loop. I used the 'tilda' in front of the hopeful arrival times, this symbol: ~. A tilda means approximately and sometimes thats really just our best guesstimate based upon when we first placed the order and what the manufacturer promised.

Toke there were not 'promises' or guarantees (see my explanation above of the use of the tilda in my stock thread in regards to 'promises'), its impossible for any supplier to do that. Right now we have two shipments in the states (one for a massive drip tip order and one for a restock of our Fluxomizers) and one of them is being held up by customs. There are alot of factors that you are at the mercy of.

Last edited:

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
One thing a some people are forgetting, when shipments to GV are delayed (whether at the factory, in shipping, customs) GV doesn’t get to make a sale (they’re in business to get a paycheck like the rest of us.)

Ideally, they could keep an inventory turn of one on each item – as one is shipped to a customer, another comes in from the factory. From my experiences with GV, Danno and Bad do a great job of putting info out there for us. Think of the alternative, they give no estimate of arrival, just out-of-stock until the order is received, then it’s up on the web page. The same people who are complaining now would be complaining then because there was no announcement of anticipated arrivals. Haranguing Danno and Bad really accomplishes nothing but draw them away from their jobs and slow everything down.

Great job guys…. Most of us appreciate it!

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
A bit of inside info, which you all probably realize but may not be thinking about on stock levels. One would think, "Why don't they look at present stock levels, anticipate sales and time the order so arrival dovetails in plenty of time so as not to be out of stock or minimize the time they are out of stock" On some items we do try to do that. On other items though, in a rather emerging and changing manufacturing environment, with possible inconsistencies in quality, you almost have to order "just-in-time". The reason being, we are trying to get the latest up-to-the-minute improvements or adjustments.

You also learn to moderate your orders. You may order a TON of a product and there are QC issues, then you are stuck. Or you have ordered a TON of a product and they have made an advancement on the product and you are stuck with that TON while everyone is going after and ordering that newer unit. So all of this comes into play in the e-cig world.

toke

Feb 16, 2012
Kentucky
Actually the only reason I made my statement was because of the way you started post 13 on this thread. It sounded like it was a bother to have to give us a update on product that you carry and dont have. I dont think that is the way to treat your customers. It may be a pain in the .... to update us but that is part of your job as a vendor. All stores do this. If you want to keep your customer base you have to keep them informed or they go some place else.

kbalz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2012
Kentucky Florence Y'All
Actually the only reason I made my statement was because of the way you started post 13 on this thread. It sounded like it was a bother to have to give us a update on product that you carry and dont have. I dont think that is the way to treat your customers. It may be a pain in the .... to update us but that is part of your job as a vendor. All stores do this. If you want to keep your customer base you have to keep them informed or they go some place else.
Just my own humble opinion , I really don't think Danno was implying or expressing that it was a bother to him to take the time to come on here and inform his customers when certain items would be back in stock . I think he was just stating a fact. You would be hard pressed to find very many , if any other vendors that do that , or any company for that matter. How many times did Phillip morris let you know when the convience store you bought your smokes from would have more, when they ran out . There are probably many variables and factors beyond gv control when it comes to getting restocked. But for thim to come on here and give us there best guess , is so we can plan our orders a little better. This is not " there job" in my opinion. I do understand getting frustrated about having to wait to get something that you need or want. But Cmon , Dan and Chris are great people to do business with & they are doing a great job at communicating with us . Sometimes we just need a little patience .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread