And now for something completely different: How is YOUR weather?

Status
Not open for further replies.

btngchck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2010
Gibraltar, MI
Watched some birds argue over the birdbath.

Paula in Arizona City, AZ

Awwww......my poor little chickadees are freezing.....I try to keep the birdseed stocked and fresh water (freezes to darn quick) out for them......

Paula is sounds like a truly beautiful day....I hope you enjoyed it.

Princessa

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
TN
We're expecting another cold front to come thru tonight - radar right now shows some pretty interesting green turning pink turning blue (and a few blended purple areas). I guess we live in a colorful area this time of year!

Funny tho', one place in the forecast it says anywhere from 1/2 to 3" accumulation, but in the Special Weather Statement it barely says anything about accumulation. We'll see in the morning!

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Practice random acts of silliness, and senseless dancing bananas...
Brian_Dancing_Banana_by_zorkky.gif

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
We still own a family home in Minnesota. That town is 27 degrees BELOW zero. Tomorrow night they are going to hit 50 degrees BELOW zero. You have no idea how happy I am to be here in Arizona instead of Minnesota.

I haven't been back to MN since we moved here. I don't miss the mosquitoes, tornados, hail, humidity, below zero temps, icy roads, and a few hundred other things. I do miss the Boundary Waters, Lake Superior, fishing in clear, blue lakes, cross country skiing virgin snow, snowshoe trips with the the dogs, camping in the pines, and a few hundred other things.

Guess life is a trade off, isn't it?

Paula

Paula

Neemy

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
Marietta, GA
www.youtube.com
Oh My Gosh - This is horrible. Hope you have good insurance. Hopefully no one was hurt when this happened.

Terrible Terrible mess,
Paula

I have a very high deductible, so this will be coming out of pocket, most likely. But, yes, nobody was hurt and that is the important thing...

... and my signature seems so fitting right now. :p

technovapir

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2010
Seattle, WA, USA
Ouch. I'm sorry about your car. I'm always worried about trees coming down in the wind storms here, but so far (knock on wood) they've missed our car & house...
As for the weather here. It's still raining. But only since Halloween. I've heard on the news that the sun really does still exist, and we may actually see it and dry out in a month or so. Once it's back I suppose we'll have to mow the lawn.

Princessa

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
TN
Wow! Ouch... definitely glad no one was hurt... We've been very lucky, and the fact I park in the basement/garage, my biggest fear is us getting any larger and our bed falling thru and hitting my car ;) OK actually, our house is on a street that historically has had several cars drive off the road and into the houses - and what scares me, is our bed/heads are right against the wall most likely to be hit. But, I'm hoping the odds are in our favor.

How's the foot/ankle/etc??? Healin' up? Getting around OK?

Neemy

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
Marietta, GA
www.youtube.com
Ouch. I'm sorry about your car. I'm always worried about trees coming down in the wind storms here, but so far (knock on wood) they've missed our car & house...

I've got some wood in the back of my car if you need some... sorry, couldn't resist. I'm punny. x)

As for the weather here. It's still raining. But only since Halloween. I've heard on the news that the sun really does still exist, and we may actually see it and dry out in a month or so. Once it's back I suppose we'll have to mow the lawn.

Haha! This made me laugh. Glad you have a sense of humor about things!

Wow! Ouch... definitely glad no one was hurt... We've been very lucky, and the fact I park in the basement/garage, my biggest fear is us getting any larger and our bed falling thru and hitting my car ;)

Yeah... the garage...:blush: I have one of those, but it's full of stuff from when I moved. I've been vulnerable to the elements for a while, so guess it was just a matter of time. Also, I need a bigger storage room, so I can park my car in the freakin' garage!!!

Here's what my car looks like, now. This is a sexy ride.

eebbaeac.jpg

344585b3.jpg

Visibility is an issue, but pretty sure my expired tag isn't. And stupid leaf stuck to my door... That's bugging me. I need to fix that.

OK actually, our house is on a street that historically has had several cars drive off the road and into the houses - and what scares me, is our bed/heads are right against the wall most likely to be hit. But, I'm hoping the odds are in our favor.

A huge limb missed the house in the storm by *thatmuch*. And if it had fallen just a few inches to the right, I would have been in a mell of a hess. Probably would not be here posting this message! :blink:

How's the foot/ankle/etc??? Healin' up? Getting around OK?

Uh... funny thing... I fell down the stairs (the INSIDE stairs) a few nights ago. No ice, totally sober, just half-asleep and missed a step! Luckily, only thing bruised is my ... and my ego. :facepalm: Anyhoo, I'm up and walking without the braces, but have to put it on occasionally depending on what's going on. I've had some flare-ups, but otherwise am okay. Thanks for asking! :)

Last edited:

Princessa

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
TN
LoL @ the leaf - the tree's final statement...

If you'd like, you can borrow our indestructible picnic table for your next battle with a tree. This thing is miraculous... it has survived two battles with pines MUCH larger than it falling on it. The next bad storm... screw the basement, I'm headin' out under the picnic table!

Glad to hear you're up and about on that foot... just gotta work on having the 'up' part more frequent ;)

Neemy

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
Marietta, GA
www.youtube.com
LoL @ the leaf - the tree's final statement...

If you'd like, you can borrow our indestructible picnic table for your next battle with a tree. This thing is miraculous... it has survived two battles with pines MUCH larger than it falling on it. The next bad storm... screw the basement, I'm headin' out under the picnic table!

Glad to hear you're up and about on that foot... just gotta work on having the 'up' part more frequent ;)

Can I park my car under your table, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread