And now for something completely different: How is YOUR weather?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neemy

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
Marietta, GA
www.youtube.com
Neemy - I showed my hubby the pictures you posted. We got to the bottom of your pictures, saw you sig, and both of us started laughing. Glad to read no one was injured. Sad to read so much of this is going to be coming from your pocket.

Paula

I missed this post! Yeah, my sig is so appropriate. xD I am totally ... "duh, winning!". I'm about to go all Charlie Sheen on Mother Nature's azz!

Princessa

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
TN
Oh My Gosh! Neemy - when you pushed my LIKE button, I received a notification on my profile that I had a message. It was from you when you pushed the LIKE button.

How cool is that!
Paula

Sweeeet! I noticed the Like button a few days ago, and have probably been bothering a lot of folks with notifications I didn't realize it was sending LoL

Need a LOVE IT button on the 'safe driving' comment tho ;)

Neemy

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
Marietta, GA
www.youtube.com
Oh My Gosh! Neemy - when you pushed my LIKE button, I received a notification on my profile that I had a message. It was from you when you pushed the LIKE button.

How cool is that!
Paula

Sweeeet! I noticed the Like button a few days ago, and have probably been bothering a lot of folks with notifications I didn't realize it was sending LoL

Need a LOVE IT button on the 'safe driving' comment tho ;)

Hahaha! So that's what my notification was about! I didn't realize it sent out an email either. This could be fun, bwahahaha!

Neemy

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
Marietta, GA
www.youtube.com
I got my car fixed, woohoo! Just in time, too. It's been raining off and on for a couple days; I was worried about moisture getting under the plastic. Ooooh, just heard really loud thunder. :blink: Cool. :2cool:

And totally off-topic, I just finished a video and put it up this morning. 24 hours, 4 massive cpu-intensive programs, a few freezes and a low disk warning message causing me to do a last minute disk clean-up (I had over 30 GB of avi files for this, so that's what was causing the warnings. And I couldn't delete those files until after the final render!)

Anyway, first machinima done in over a year and a half, was a quickie job, and my first time working with Sims 3 video since I was out at EA in 2008 prior to game launch.

Enjoy!

Bonzo's Montreux

Neemy

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
Marietta, GA
www.youtube.com
So, does this mean the indoor parking has been cleaned out? heheheh

87a3fd72.gif

:laugh:

Neemy

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
Marietta, GA
www.youtube.com
Aaargh, more storms approaching tonight. Should hit here at around 1 am. So far this system has killed 11 people - last count I heard on the news, anyway. Been a deadly couple of weeks. I'm a little nervous...

And my car is parked on the street, away from any crashing limbs. Hopefully that's all we'll have to contend with.

All you guys in this storm system, STAY SAFE!!!

Princessa

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
TN
Yup... we've spent a lil' time iin the basement thru the first two tornado warnings here, waves of the storm passed thru, just had a lil' hail on the 2nd wave... we got lucky lookin' at the radar... looks like we jut got grazed by the southern edge of the cells... next one I think we got grazed by the nothern edge... waiting on the next few - warnings go on for several hours yet... I'm TIRED...

Yet, I cannnot go to sleep. No not for fear of tornados/storms, but the local Fire Dept stopped by to let me know the power line going thru the tree by our bedroom is arcing! YIKES... supposed to keep an eye on it? They've called it in (luckily he stopped to talk to me, because he called the wrong power company - we'd recently been annexed by the city, but our power is still by the old provider) and well, who's gonna work on it while there's still storms going on???

I don't wanna lose anything in a fire... gah, and there's another wave approaching... felt that thunder... *sigh*

Pray for our home/tree... I'm just amazed we still have power. I've cut the heat pump but gah, can't unplug the PT!!!

Neemy

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
Marietta, GA
www.youtube.com
Consider it done, Princessa!

I packed up all my stuff that I could - my laptop, all my software, other sentimental stuff. And of course every PV and all juice and supplies I could grab! I have my laptop with me, and my purse up here. I'm on the third floor in the back of the house. REALLY worried about that tree that is dropping limbs. Last week, it *barely* missed the roof over my head!

Death toll is now up to 72. 2 people were just killed in north GA. Following the details here:

Gov. Deal Declares State Of Emergency | Minute-By-Minute Updates Here - News Story - WSB Atlanta

Storms heading into Gwinnett Co... getting close. So far, just rain and distant thunder, here. Hopefully it will stay away from our area.

Neemy

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
Marietta, GA
www.youtube.com
I am where the red arrow is. All that crap south of me is heading right to our area! Yikes!

9312dbe8.jpg

Here's the actual live radar. You have to enable storm cells, etc, in the control panel. Use your mouse and hover over all the storm details, and you'll see the direction and predicted time of hitting.

Interactive Radar

Neemy

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
Marietta, GA
www.youtube.com
Oh, goodness. This is awful.

Stay safe, girls!

I think my area is in the clear. We have one band coming, should be here in a few minutes, but after that, the warnings will be lifted. I did hear from a friend that his farm was hit badly, he doesn't know the extent, but seems significant, but his main home in Alpharetta (NW metro) is fine.

South metro is getting slammed - tornadoes currently on the ground. I am watching 3d radar of a tornado to our east and it's picking up debris swirling around on the radar! I am in NW metro, and my immediate area is ok.

Rain picking up here, but I have let the pets back up from the basement.

Edit: they gave my area the all clear. Now I can go to sleep!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Princessa

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2010
TN
No doubt... I can't believe we got so lucky and still have power... getting REALLY tired and about to just say some prayers and go pass out...

Yeah, Neemy - I grabbed my laptop & purse (made sure to cram my LF box of liquids)... put both cells and the land line cordless into the purse.. Chrissy on a leash... one eGo tucked in the bra, the other in the hand without the leash! I snuck upstairs to check weather channel between a few of the cells. Poor Chrissy who has stood outside in all the other storms we've had, totally unphased by lightning & thunder. I think she sensed the panic (being led around the house & basement on a leash? LoL she kept trying to go to the front door at first, like it was 'walk time' heheh)... after we came back up and there was the longer stretch before the next cell, she was constantly climbing all over & under me in this recliner.

Will say some prayers for everyone... especially sis in law whom I texted (they live in AL), only to find out they're in DC (now under watch/warnings too) on a school trip! Their house was hit by a tornado last... fall? They're closer to Huntsville.

Let's all have some happy, relieved stories to tell in the morning! I'll be relieved to be awakened by a power company truck outside the bedroom window any time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread