zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Close-up of juul coil & wick:

PNruCJ5.jpg

So it that a 5 Wrap Coil around Silica Wick? And those Gold Plates are the Positive / Negative contacts.

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
Although it doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to refill these pods, I don't think it's at all practical to rebuild them. Personally, I'm more interested in the juuce...

You may be right. Looks like it would be a total PIA to try and re-wick, Then again, nothing ventured, nothing gained.:D

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
It seems to me that the more "activist oriented" vapors are more intrigued by the possibilities here.
A similar thread in General Vaping Discussion went nowhere.

I might be tempted to wonder why that is.

The most important activism is helping new vapers, and converting smokers. Big numbers of vapers is our best defense against Big G, Big P, Big T and Big TC.

Reactions: DC2

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Yep, I've also noticed that squeezing the flat, middle portion of the pods creates a positive pressure that pushes too much juice into the wick. The pods really want to be pushed onto the battery and then left there until finished. I have had better results by pinching the pods long-ways, if that makes sense.
Makes sense, but even those sides are flexible, and I've been trying my best not to squeeze those, either. If I can fix or sem-fix the leaking after refilling problem, this would be a great vaping device with my usual juice.

Also, once that little rubber top-cap is pulled out of the pod, there is nothing to stop the juice from flowing into the wick, again leading to flooding. I think it was my experimenting around with my own juices in the pods that led to juicing my battery.

Not sure I follow what you're saying about removing the rubber piece causing flooding.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
So it that a 5 Wrap Coil around Silica Wick? And those Gold Plates are the Positive / Negative contacts.
Yup. I've since rinsed it. It isn't dry yet, but it sure looks like silica to me.

Might be Interesting to see how the Juul Juice works in a Dripper?
I doubt anyone but Beck could handle it. :lol:

I filled that 6ml bottle up the rest of the way with a 33-67 (or thereabouts) mixture of PG/VG, shook well, then installed it in a PeKo feeder with a mod-wompin' 1.2 ohm coil in a Cyclone on it. That's a very pleasant vape! Not $2/ml pleasant mind you, but I am starting to think there's something to this nic-salt thing.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I'm curious to see the coil assembly and see if there's any possibility of changing out the wick for fresh later on down the line. Probably not, but I like to tinker so it will give me a bit of fun playing with it.
I'm gonna wait 'til it needs re-wicking before I try doing it. I want to use it with my own juice, and it'll cost $4 per pod, so I don't want to waste any pods.

Reactions: house mouse

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
Not sure I follow what you're saying about removing the rubber piece causing flooding.

On the pod I played around with, I removed a black plastic mouth-piece at the top of the pod to reveal a rubber plug, of sorts, pressed into the top of the clear plastic pod. I noted that the rubber plug is rather pliable and has one hole to receive the chimney extending from the coil at the bottom of the pod. Once I removed the plug, vacuum inside the pod was lost, and then juice was free to flow out the bottom of the pod.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
If they put nicotine 'salts' in their juice - why can't we ? :D
What do you think some of us are trying to figure out how to do here? ;)

Speaking of which:

M1g1utF.jpg

Let's look at the above left to right.

The first one is some freshly mixed PG/VG (about 33/67), no nic. It came out of freshly delivered bottles from VT. On might interpret it as someone acidic, but I think that would be wrong; it really had no effect on the starting colors of the test swatches on the strip other than to darken them slightly (as wetness would be expected to do).

The second one is VT nic, from a batch I mixed last December. It's also about 33/67 PG/VG, with 15mg of nic in it. I'd say the pH is just over 8.0, or somewhat alkaline, as you'd expect from a freebase nic.

The last one is Juul juuce, straight up. My eyeballs say the best match is 6.5.

For laughs, I decided to check the Juul juuce again after diluting it about 3:1 with the the above-mentioned freshly mixed PG/VG. The results, very much in the same ballpark:

ukXU5Cv.jpg

Remember the benzoic acid I was gonna order? Well, it's here and it's getting real tempting to play with it..

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Remember the benzoic acid I was gonna order? Well, it's here and it's getting real tempting to play with it..

After you do your C7H6O2 Mix, and are Ready to Test it, maybe it would be a Good Idea to dial 9 - 1 before you take that 1st Hit. While keeping your Finger over the 1 Key.

Ya know... Just in Case.

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
On the pod I played around with, I removed a black plastic mouth-piece at the top of the pod to reveal a rubber plug, of sorts, pressed into the top of the clear plastic pod. I noted that the rubber plug is rather pliable and has one hole to receive the chimney extending from the coil at the bottom of the pod. Once I removed the plug, vacuum inside the pod was lost, and then juice was free to flow out the bottom of the pod.

Do you think if you sealed the bottom of the pod with tape before removing the top that would help?

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I am starting to think there's something to this nic-salt thing.
I tried it as a jump starter after breakfast. First drag choked me. After a few drags, I thought that if there's any added effect of quicker absorbtion over high nic freebase, it's not enough to make it worth the cost of the Juuce (I'm borrowing that word from you). But converting freebase to salts myself, might be worth it.

Did you try it out as a morning jump starter?

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
So, whats the battery life?

I was taking small hits with the Juul juice, but after a lot of vaping with my usual juice, I'm estimating it to be about a 120-200mah battery and putting out about 6.5 watts. Hard to tell, though. I only have meters made for vaping gear, so I can only very roughly guess. Even a universal meter wouldn't help. I'm starting to think up a whole lot of questions that I would like to ask the company regarding the Juul, which they probably won't answer, anyway.

It seems to put out about the kind of power I need (very low compared to most vapers in these forums). Very happy with how it hits with my juice, and I'm ok with how long it lasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread