Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
So far, they've screwed up my order. Something went wrong with the age verification and they're supposed to quickly get back to me.
Interesting. I just placed an order with them and checked my account immediately afterward. Under "Age Verification" it says: "Congratulations your identity has been verified.".

My order consists one starter kit, two extra packs of pods and totals $65.78 with free shipping and the first order 25% discount.

Now it's off to Amazon to figure out what pH test kit to buy... :D

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I can't help Thinking what things would have like if the juul had been available at the time when We Switched?

Maybe if it had, Today's DIY Forum would be 1/2 Flavor Recipes. And the Other Half would be how to make Nicotine "salts".
Give it time. If this really is the "missing link" then people will figure it out.

Maybe I should order some benzoic acid and some citric acid while I'm at it...

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Interesting. I just placed an order with them and checked my account immediately afterward. Under "Age Verification" it says: "Congratulations your identity has been verified.".

My order consists one starter kit, two extra packs of pods and totals $65.78 with free shipping and the first order 25% discount.

So proud of you, Rossum! :thumbs:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Give it time. If this really is the "missing link" then people will figure it out.

Maybe I should order some benzoic acid and some citric acid while I'm at it...

I hope we have that Time you mentioned.

BTW - When is someone going to pull 3 or 4 Drops out of one of these Juul Pods and then take it to an Analytical Testing Laboratory?

Ya know... To kinda figure out just what the Make Up of Juul Juice is?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Don't forget to add one of these to your Chart...

ME-267LPM.jpg

You Can't really do something like pH Testing and not Look the Part. And Nothing Scream scientific research like a White Lab Coat.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Tell me what lab I should send it to and I'll do it.

I have No Clue who would be a Good Laboratory to do Chemical Testing in your Area that Deals with the Public. That might be Something you could Run by Kurt.

I use to know a Girl that worked as a Tech in a Laboratory. And They/She specialized in Testing Foods for Chemical Contaminates.

But I haven't talked to Her in a Long Time. And we Didn't Exactly part on the Best of Terms.

Reactions: Katya

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA

I got the age verification straightened out. Their customer service seems extremely disorganized, but they were VERY nice on the phone. They should be shipping it tomorrow. We'll see.

Great! Please keep keeping us informed!

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Don't forget to add one of these to your Chart...

ME-267LPM.jpg

You Can't really do something like pH Testing and not Look the Part. And Nothing Scream scientific research like a White Lab Coat.
LOL -- there was a time when I used this as an avatar in some places:

29A3vWS.png

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Reactions: Katya

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I will, but I'm thinking we should have another thread somewhere other than Media and General News.

There is another thread in General--or you could start your own thread about your findings--just leave a link here, please, if you do.

Introducing the Juul | E-Cigarette Forum

I agree that Kurt might be helpful. Another person who could help us is dVap--he's a chemist too.

Reactions: Rossum

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Yeah, at $4.00 a pop, and supposedly equivalent to one pack of cigs, the price of the pods isn't particularly attractive. I vape a lot too, somewhere between 5 and 8 ml a day at 15mg. A bit of math shows it would take two Juul pods to get the same nic, but I sure don't spend $8 a day on juice! If I DYI, it costs me more like 40-50 cents a day. The reality is, I do use some store-bought juices as well (cut 50% with unflavored) so I think I spend more like a buck or two a day on juice. In the end, I'm very curious to know if there's really something to "salty" juice.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Update: Once you put on a pod on the battery, don't take it off until the juice is finished. They don't seem to like being pulled off once they're on. After switching between flavors quickly, two of the four pods are flooding and spitting. I don't like the thought of getting this juice in my mouth.

Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing, that could be a factor, too.

Anything further to report on this problem? I'm gonna remove one soon to take out some of the juice.

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
I don't how I did it, but it seems that some juice got into it and is negatively affecting it's performance. So, I have been communicating with the manufacturer, but, boy, they don't respond very quickly. I do have some additional pods on the way, and so I'll give those a try, but I don't know.

What I do know is, the juice has to be on the thicker side. The wick is so small that a thinner juice can easily leak out of the pod. I also now know that getting this juice into my mouth didn't seem to have any negative consequence other than annoyance. :mad:

Reactions: Lessifer

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I don't how I did it, but it seems that some juice got into it and is negatively affecting it's performance. So, I have been communicating with the manufacturer, but, boy, they don't respond very quickly. I do have some additional pods on the way, and so I'll give those a try, but I don't know.

What I do know is, the juice has to be on the thicker side. The wick is so small that a thinner juice can easily leak out of the pod. I also now know that getting this juice into my mouth didn't seem to have any negative consequence other than annoyance. :mad:
Thanks! I'll hold it up-side-down when I remove the pod and see if I get the leaking. Your comments on juice thickness are helpful, too.

ETA: I've removed and replaced a pod several times, with no leaking. I held it up-side-down for removing and inserting. Maybe that helps it not leak, or maybe you have some defective pods.

Last edited:

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
View attachment 463107

This is a disassembled cart. The tabs in the side hold it on pretty tight. As you see, just get the mouthpiece off, remove the rubber seal, refill.

I opened up a pod. When I removed the seal, I knocked the metal tube out - I'll call it the "chimney". I put the chimney back in, removed the juice to experiment with later. I put some 60mg/ml 75/25 PG/VG in the pod and tried it.

Lots of leaking, and it kept leaking. Opened it again and pushed the chimney in farther, put it back together and blew out some remaining juice in both directions. Took a drag and still leaking. Less leaking with the next drag, so I drew hard and sucked out some more juice. Then, no more leaking.

I was careful about not letting any juice leak into the device, and none did. The 60mg/ml jice was WAY, WAY to strong for me at that PG/VG ratio. Cut it down to about what I use with an eroll, about 12-14mg/ml (haven't been mixing very precisely, lately. It leaked again, but sucking out the leaking juice, while a very big inconvienience, was quick and a full fix, even with this pretty thin juice I put in it.

I wish I still had some high VG high nic base so I could put together some ~59mg/ml high VG to test that, and compare it with the Juul juice in the Juul. I might have to buy some.

At that lower (eroll level) of nicotine, the thing is really great. I'm surprised that so far, I'm more impressed with the device than the nicotine. The wicking setup looks like the usual single bottom coil Kanger style atomizers, where the two ends of the wick protrude on both endes to pick up juice. WAY better than the eroll (ego-c) atomizer wick setup, which is the eroll's biggest problem.

I'm OK with the shape, but I'd prefer it to be round. I might change my mind when I get used to it. I like flat mouthpieces, though. They seem to spread out the vapor, so the throat hit is less localized. The mouthpiece on this is perfect.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Mine came today. As expected, the nic delivery is strong and fast, but without the harshness I would have anticipated from 50-60mg. Of course there isn't very much vapor. I don't see myself giving up my bottom-fed RDAs for this, but I could see it being ideal for situations where stealth is required. I think it might also have potential as morning wake-up jolt, but that remains to be seen.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I noticed that the clear tank part of the pod is flexible, and figured squeezing it could possibly cause it to leak. I took a fresh pod and squeezed it before attaching. No leaking I could detect when doing the squeezing. Put the pod in and took a drag and got lots of fluid in my mouth. So I sucked the rest of the leaked fluid out and got a big mouthful, that had a very intense tingling, and gave me hiccups, just like chewing tobacco does to me. But then, no more leaking.

So maybe squeezing it when I was taking it apart, caused some of my leaking with the first pod.

I kept going with that fresh pod, and the bite of the high nic goes way down for me very quickly. Usually, a few drags of higher nicotine than I normally use, will make the next bunch of drags of from my usual nic level, feel very week, but not with this Juul juice. I can go back and forth, without either the usual nic feeling weaker, or the Juul nic feeling stronger again.

The indicator showed green (high charge level) when I first got it. It went to yellow, then red, so it's now charging. I'll give it a full charge and see how long it lasts. So far, I'm guessing it'll last a little longer than an eroll, when using the freebase, lower nic juice.

I started with the mint pod, because I figured I'd likely like that flavor least, and I wanted to mess around with the pod. The second pod I tried is the tobacco, which I figured I'd probably like best. The mint I didn't like. I like the tobacco. I know I've tried a juice that tastes a lot like it, but I can't remember what juice it was, right now. I'd prefer flavorless, though, and unless they start offering a flavorless pod, that's another reason for me not to use their juice very often (huge compartive expense is the main reason).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread