Not open for further replies.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
yup...sick, aint it?
Very much so. Where do the people come in at that only want to put me down for offering another opinion? Thats what makes me sick the most.

Some very wise people, for years, have been preaching ...
"Wake Up America"
:ohmy:

Zombies wont listen. The ones that are not zombies already have every bit of knowledge the world has to offer with no real facts to back any of it up. It's madness.

RickHerron

Moved On
Apr 29, 2012
Very much so. Where do the people come in at that only want to put me down for offering another opinion? Thats what makes me sick the most.

Zombies wont listen. The ones that are not zombies already have every bit of knowledge the world has to offer with no real facts to back any of it up. It's madness.

before i go...sincere thanks for your support

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Btw, my friend works for this organization- he vapes on one of my Reos occasionally but is deathly afraid he'll be found out- why? He works for a "tobacco free" organization that "drug tests" their employees periodically for nicotine. Read the very fine print on one of their web pages - it's at the very bottom indicating they are a tobacco free organization. My friend said that if he tested positive for nicotine he would be fired. Folks, it's not as uncommon as you might think.
Cherokee Health Systems - Together...Enhancing Life
WOW. Thats nuts. Sounds like something a (MODERATED) smoker would say. Who would have thought.

Last edited:

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
do you actually read anything here? see post #55

Yes, and I was actually responding to what you said in #55- not a personal attack but what you said:

But now they have "medical evidence" that nicotine is bad for you. (like we didn't already know that)
The part- "(like we didn't already know that)," concerning that we already know that nicotine is bad for you. So, how is it? I wanna know...I've searched and searched for that answer for a year and a half and haven't been convinced that it is, so I have continued to vape and vape without smoking as my health has continued to improve and improve...(lungs, skin, teeth, gums, blood pressure, cholesterol, heart rate...I can go on and on...)....

Last edited:

RickHerron

Moved On
Apr 29, 2012
Yes, and I was actually responding to what you said in #55- not a personal attack but what you said:

The part- "(like we didn't already know that)," concerning that we already know that nicotine is bad for you. So, how is it? I wanna know...I've searched and searched for that answer for a year and a half and haven't been convinced that it is, so I have continued to vape and vape without smoking as my health has continued to improve and improve...(lungs, skin, teeth, gums, blood pressure, cholesterol, heart rate...I can go on and on...)....

From http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-forum-rules/51178-forum-rules.html

Pure nic is as dangerous as cyanide - opening a bottle in a room can result in all present being poisoned

RickHerron

Moved On
Apr 29, 2012

From http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-forum-rules/51178-forum-rules.html

Pure nic is as dangerous as cyanide - opening a bottle in a room can result in all present being poisoned

now look at the title of the browser tab you're on and tell me how this is not a valid point.

Last edited:

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
WOW. Thats nuts. Sounds like something a (MODERATED) smoker would say. Who would have thought.
Actually, it's funny that you mention that- The herb has been decriminalized and even touted as a "cure all," while nicotine has become the target of demonization... I couldn't agree more.

Last edited by a moderator:

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN

I don't get it- why bring up "from Forum Rules?" You misquote it anyway- here is what it says: "d. The use of 'Pure Nicotine' cannot be discussed (in detail) on public forums on ECF (trade forums are exempt) due to the hazard [1] - see Notes below. That is to say, it can be mentioned in passing but not discussed at length especially as regards mixing." It says nothing about "as dangerous as cyanide." That would take 1000mg/ml- something that none of us can acquire. It would be crazy to do that anyway. To prove to someone who was adamantly against nicotine and said similar things- that "drinking a teaspoon of that liquid would kill you," so to prove that it wouldn't, I drank a teaspoon (1.8%- that's 18mg/ml)- It didn't hurt me at all. I didn't vape much after that but it did not cause me any ill effects. If it were too much, I knew that it would have just caused me to expelled it. Certainly, please don't try this. My point is, that the "poison" argument is a weak one at best... yes, it is poison- they use it to kill bugs on crops but it takes a very concentrated amount. Many things that we ingest is harmful in large concentration- even those that are good for us in smaller amounts. Certainly opening a bottle of pure nicotine up in a room will NOT cause those in the room to be poisoned- you need actual contact to do any harm. Direct contact for instance will cause a skin burn...large amounts on the skin may cause more- could cause a hospital visit if exposure is prolonged, but to this date there is only one or two documented cases of nicotine poisoning- one by too many nicotine patches and the other, someone who was using a barbiturate and ingested nicotine at the same time- their natural reflux (to vomit) didn't work- neither of these people died of it- at least to my knowledge.

Okay, enough- I don't know why we're talking about this anyway- we're way off topic now....

Last edited:

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
Actually, it's funny that you mention that- The herb has been decriminalized and even touted as a "cure all," while nicotine has become the target of demonization... I couldn't agree more.

Sounds like they want more things to hate. So you think the two are going to swap rolls? Like CIGS will get you arrested, and the store sells a pot? I could see that. Really ive been telling people to shut up about the smokers cause if its that bad then make it illegal. Maybe people are getting it.

Last edited:

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Striker- I have no idea... I have joked with fellow vapers about: If you grow tobacco you'll get thrown in jail but not if you grow the other.. We'll keep the mention to a minimum. I know it's against the forum. But seriously, we are getting to that point where things are very imbalanced for sure.

RickHerron

Moved On
Apr 29, 2012
I don't get it- why bring up "from Forum Rules?" You misquote it anyway- here is what it says: "d. The use of 'Pure Nicotine' cannot be discussed (in detail) on public forums on ECF (trade forums are exempt) due to the hazard [1] - see Notes below. That is to say, it can be mentioned in passing but not discussed at length especially as regards mixing." It says nothing about "as dangerous as cyanide." That would take 1000mg/ml- something that none of us can acquire. It would be crazy to do that anyway. To prove to someone who was adamantly against nicotine and said similar things- that "drinking a teaspoon of that liquid would kill you," so to prove that it wouldn't, I drank a teaspoon (1.8%- that's 18mg/ml)- It didn't hurt me at all. I didn't vape much after that but it did not cause me any ill effects. If it were too much, I knew that it would have just caused me to expelled it. Certainly, please don't try this. My point is, that the "poison" argument is a weak one at best... yes, it is poison- they use it to kill bugs on crops but it takes a very concentrated amount. Many things that we ingest is harmful in large concentration- even those that are good for us in smaller amounts. Certainly opening a bottle of pure nicotine up in a room will NOT cause those in the room to be poisoned- you need actual contact to do any harm. Direct contact for instance will cause a skin burn...large amounts on the skin may cause more- could cause a hospital visit if exposure is prolonged, but to this date there is only one or two documented cases of nicotine poisoning- one by too many nicotine patches and the other, someone who was using a barbiturate and ingested nicotine at the same time- their natural reflux (to vomit) didn't work- neither of these people died of it- at least to my knowledge.

Okay, enough- I don't know why we're talking about this anyway- we're way off topic now....

ACTUAL QUOTE FROM http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-forum-rules/51178-forum-rules.html

[1] It became obvious that some members joining in discussion of pure nicotine did not have any idea of the danger, or any knowledge of working with hazardous chemicals, or even any basic knowledge of measurements. Pure nic is as dangerous as cyanide - opening a bottle in a room can result in all present being poisoned. It must be handled in a fume cupboard, with hazmat precautions. Pure nic can be theoretically defined as: Nicotine 100%, 1000mg, 1000mg/ml, but is more likely to be found as 998mg, 997mg/ml or 990 mg (99%). We consider anything over 90% / 900mg to be 'pure nic'. No discussion of use or links to suppliers whatsoever* are allowed.

There is a very real danger of death or hospitalization with this material and ECF cannot support any publicity of its use or sources. There is no need to use it since far safer strengths are available for bulk mixing, such as 48mg (4.8% nicotine in PG or VG), 60mg (6%), and 100mg (10%). To protect our members and ourselves we do not allow discussion or sources of anything over 200mg (20% nic)*.

Advertising/promotion on ECF cannot exceed 36mg strength. Vendor's sites can sell any strength up to 89% though we advise vendors to limit sales to 10% / 100mg/ml where possible. Sites selling pure nic will be banned.

* Except within private trade forums.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
i have a feeling that my presence here is extremely dangerous to my health and well-being...my pulse has doubled again for the third time since i came here today...maybe it's the nic, but i think there might be some other reasons for that now.
Hey now, it's all good. I just feel that after all my research I have not been convinced that nicotine is as harmful as the ANTZ have been telling us for year. In fact there are actually some very positive cognitive effects from it. It's a shame that they are trying to throw out the baby with the bath water sort of speak- banning all "tobacco products" because it is proven that burning it is unsafe and unhealthy. There is absolutely no proof that vaping it or using it in the form of SNUS or other smokeless forms is harmful at all.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran

now look at the title of the browser tab you're on and tell me how this is not a valid point.

You realize, of course, that nobody on this forum is using pure nicotine. The mg/ml designation on your cartridge, cartomizer, or liquid tells you the percent of nicotine that is present. If you are using 16 mg/ml liquid, nicotine makes up a mere 1.6% of the total volume of liquid. On CASAA's survey question that asked about the strength of nicotine liquid used most often, of the 2,168 responses to the question, the highest concentration used was 100 mg/ml, which is 10%, and that was used by only 1 person (0.0%). The most popular strength used was 24 mg/ml, which is 2.4% nicotine. That's used by 26.8% (582 responses). Next was 18 mg/ml, used by 504 people, 23.2%.

Nicotine, in the concentrations we use, has about the same number and type of adverse events as the most popular addictive drug, caffeine. It does not cause the smoking-related lung disease, heart disease, and cancers that are caused by smoking combustible cigarettes. The ONLY adverse effect I have been able to find in the scientific literature is that, in pregnant women, nicotine can trigger pre-eclamsia or pre-term births. This refers to nicotine from smokeless tobacco (we have no data on the subject concerning use of NRTs or e-cigarettes.) Smoking can also trigger low birth-weights.

In my case, nicotine can trigger sustained attention and concentration, and improvements in mood, visual memory, and cognition. Why an employer would think that's a bad thing is beyond my comprehension.

TennDave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Knoxville, TN
ACTUAL QUOTE FROM http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-forum-rules/51178-forum-rules.html

[1] It became obvious that some members joining in discussion of pure nicotine did not have any idea of the danger, or any knowledge of working with hazardous chemicals, or even any basic knowledge of measurements. Pure nic is as dangerous as cyanide - opening a bottle in a room can result in all present being poisoned. It must be handled in a fume cupboard, with hazmat precautions. Pure nic can be theoretically defined as: Nicotine 100%, 1000mg, 1000mg/ml, but is more likely to be found as 998mg, 997mg/ml or 990 mg (99%). We consider anything over 90% / 900mg to be 'pure nic'. No discussion of use or links to suppliers whatsoever* are allowed.

There is a very real danger of death or hospitalization with this material and ECF cannot support any publicity of its use or sources. There is no need to use it since far safer strengths are available for bulk mixing, such as 48mg (4.8% nicotine in PG or VG), 60mg (6%), and 100mg (10%). To protect our members and ourselves we do not allow discussion or sources of anything over 200mg (20% nic)*.

Advertising/promotion on ECF cannot exceed 36mg strength. Vendor's sites can sell any strength up to 89% though we advise vendors to limit sales to 10% / 100mg/ml where possible. Sites selling pure nic will be banned.

* Except within private trade forums.

Well, it seems that I stand corrected- I apparently did not read far enough on that list of rules. My apologies- still hard for me to believe that but to be honest, I do not know of anyone who is able to acquire pure nic and if they could, I would not want to know.

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
i have a feeling that my presence here is extremely dangerous to my health and well-being...my pulse has doubled again for the third time since i came here today...maybe it's the nic, but i think there might be some other reasons for that now.

I just think your bringing up points that someone knows a little more about. Why get so upset about that? No one is all knowing about everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread