Any non-smokers or former smokers started vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragdolltb

May 4, 2012
Florida, USA
Hi, I'm new here, just joined today.

In about six weeks, it will have been 2 years since I quit smoking. It was pretty easy, with few cravings, but lately I've been craving it bad. I had a cheap ecig off ebay several years ago, and I have friends that use them, so I'm not entirely new to it. But is it weird to start vaping so long after I have already quit smoking? I'm afraid it's gonna make me start again. I'm afraid that my liquids will be packaged incorrectly and I'll end up with nicotine. But at the same time, I'm afraid if I don't start vaping, I will start smoking again. A couple of nights ago I had a dream that I got an ecig, and that first puff was the most blissful moment of my entire life. :laugh:

I've already ordered a started kit yesterday, with 3 flavors. I keep wanting to order more, but figured I should try what I get first. Especially since I didn't really have the money to spend in the first place. Anyway, was just wondering if anyone else knows what I'm talking about, or am I just freaking insane? lol.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
That's a drag. You could always cheaply and easily mix PG+ VG+ Flavor to make your own juice. Would be very inexpensive and with the calculator a breeze. You'd also be assured it was 0 nic juice.

Hi, I'm new here, just joined today.

In about six weeks, it will have been 2 years since I quit smoking. It was pretty easy, with few cravings, but lately I've been craving it bad. I had a cheap ecig off ebay several years ago, and I have friends that use them, so I'm not entirely new to it. But is it weird to start vaping so long after I have already quit smoking? I'm afraid it's gonna make me start again. I'm afraid that my liquids will be packaged incorrectly and I'll end up with nicotine. But at the same time, I'm afraid if I don't start vaping, I will start smoking again. A couple of nights ago I had a dream that I got an ecig, and that first puff was the most blissful moment of my entire life. :laugh:

I've already ordered a started kit yesterday, with 3 flavors. I keep wanting to order more, but figured I should try what I get first. Especially since I didn't really have the money to spend in the first place. Anyway, was just wondering if anyone else knows what I'm talking about, or am I just freaking insane? lol.

redddog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Rochester, NY
I dunno.

I quit about 6 years ago. I smoke heavily when I am boozing with smokers late night. That could happen 2 times a year or 8. I could go without them away from that setting but if I were hanging out with family or friends, the wife/kids were asleep, I'd smoke my ... off.

Last month, I visited my brother-in-law/best friend in London and he was on an Ego (i think). He had a Blu sitting around and he threw it over to me and I was AMAZED at how cool e-cigs were.

When I got home, after vaping that blu at night, I grabbed a smoov starter kit with the thinking that I would just bring it to the times when I would normally smoke cigarettes. So no cigs ever. The thing is, now, I vape every night. I'm using 6 mg juice so I dunno about how addicting that would be. I wouldn't ever go above that.

But I do feel like my lungs feel a little like they did when I was smoking. A little sore. I still run and work out without even noticing that but when I have a particularly vapey night, I do feel it in the morning.

Should I feel like an ... for bringing the "smoking thing" back into my life? I'd never smoke cigs again, I feel, but I also feel like this may be more damaging to me, outside of the nicotene, than what I was doing - no smoking/vaping save for the occassional binge.

Kinda feeling like I might have made a mistake because I think that vaping is really fun.

The other thing is that my son is dying and the stress of that could push me to analogues full time.

Last edited:

scoopbb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
Los Angeles
i stopped smoking cigs a year ago or so. but ive been smoking hookah for the past 10 years. its funny/sad because a lot of the problems ecig smokers go through are similar to what hookahs go through. rights being taken away left and right.

just starting vaping a week ago. its like my hookah on the go lol

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
I dunno.

I quit about 6 years ago. I smoke heavily when I am boozing with smokers late night. That could happen 2 times a year or 8. I could go without them away from that setting but if I were hanging out with family or friends, the wife/kids were asleep, I'd smoke my ... off.

Last month, I visited my brother-in-law/best friend in London and he was on an Ego (i think). He had a Blu sitting around and he threw it over to me and I was AMAZED at how cool e-cigs were.

When I got home, after vaping that blu at night, I grabbed a smoov starter kit with the thinking that I would just bring it to the times when I would normally smoke cigarettes. So no cigs ever. The thing is, now, I vape every night. I'm using 6 mg juice so I dunno about how addicting that would be. I wouldn't ever go above that.

But I do feel like my lungs feel a little like they did when I was smoking. A little sore. I still run and work out without even noticing that but when I have a particularly vapey night, I do feel it in the morning.

Should I feel like an ... for bringing the "smoking thing" back into my life? I'd never smoke cigs again, I feel, but I also feel like this may be more damaging to me, outside of the nicotene, than what I was doing - no smoking/vaping save for the occassional binge.

Kinda feeling like I might have made a mistake because I think that vaping is really fun.

The other thing is that my son is dying and the stress of that could push me to analogues full time.

I'm sorry about your son Reddog. I think that vaping is far better for you than smoking. I wouldn't feel too badly about vaping.

Cheeky Cupcake

Oct 14, 2012
Hawaii
I'm a novice vapor who recently got a kit and a few flavors. I'm practically a non-smoker. I usually bum cigs from friends because I could never finish a pack on my own. I still have occasional urges to smoke. When I discovered vaping it was the perfect thing for me. No more bumming cigs from friends and I can satisfy my cravings when they arise. I also love that I can vape indoors. I also love the variety of flavors.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I'm a novice vapor who recently got a kit and a few flavors. I'm practically a non-smoker. I usually bum cigs from friends because I could never finish a pack on my own. I still have occasional urges to smoke. When I discovered vaping it was the perfect thing for me. No more bumming cigs from friends and I can satisfy my cravings when they arise. I also love that I can vape indoors. I also love the variety of flavors.

Congrats! The part about vaping indoors is super fantastic, isn't it!?!! Although, seeing you're from Hawaii, vaping outside can't be all that bad :D LOVE your state! I have been there twice now and would love to go again.

Welcome to ECF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread