Any non-smokers vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbrownjr

Jun 16, 2009
Hi,

I am a non-smoker (other than the rare hookah session), but am interested in e-cigs. Not sure why but these seem like a pretty cool idea, and is even better since you have the option of having non-nicotine cartridges.

Anyways, I am thinking about buying, but not sure if the negatives/side effects outweigh the benefits, especially since I am not a current smoker. Anyone have any perspective on this, or would they use an e-cig if they did not smoke analogs?

Thanks!

TheIllustratedMan

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Upstate, NY
My fiance is, for all intents and purposes, a "non-smoker". She will occasionally have a clove or two, but doesn't smoke habitually at all (other than she'll typically have one when we go to a concert). She is very intrigued by the e-cig. I think she's coming from a place where she enjoys the smoking experience, but not the crap that's in it.

That said...

I'm terrified by the idea of non-smokers picking up the e-cig. There is currently some trouble with the FDA, and one of their qualifications for approval of a reduced risk nicotine product is how likely a non-smoker is to pick it up. The fact that 0mg nicotine liquid is available is going to be an interesting area to explore, since it causes the e-cig to not quite fit into any of the predefined categories.

I guess... if you enjoy the smoking experience, but have no interest in nicotine or any of the other 4000 chemicals in cigarettes....

Welcome.

Willowsong

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
City of Lost Angels
My husband is that guy. He passionately hates cigarettes, but enjoys the very occasional cigar. I got him an e-cigar and some no-nic liquid. He loves it - I don't have to worry about stink in my house now that I've finally gotten rid of it.

Please, if you do choose this path - stay with the no-nic. The addiction is definitely not something you want on your back if you can avoid it.

STILLSMOK9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Esoteric State of America
Hi,

I am a non-smoker (other than the rare hookah session), but am interested in e-cigs. Not sure why but these seem like a pretty cool idea, and is even better since you have the option of having non-nicotine cartridges.

Anyways, I am thinking about buying, but not sure if the negatives/side effects outweigh the benefits, especially since I am not a current smoker. Anyone have any perspective on this, or would they use an e-cig if they did not smoke analogs?

Thanks!
Hey

You may or not know, but, the FDA is trying to ban the e-cig. One of their beefs with it is that they fear that it may attract non-smokers into smoking. I do not think that you are going to get much support here. IMHO

Best

scottevil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2009
Glendale, AZ
Hey

You may or not know, but, the FDA is trying to ban the e-cig. One of their beefs with it is that they fear that it may attract non-smokers into smoking. I do not think that you are going to get much support here. IMHO

Best

Can you blame them? I'd be worried also, it's a techy toy with the added option for nicotine addiction. It's a wonderful tool for smokers to ditch tobacco, but to avoid any extremely large conversations on the topic,
I'll just have to say.. unless you're ready to form a habit of sorts, don't pick up an e-cig. You'll either get the habit of "hand to mouth", or start trying nic, either one is bad.

tescela

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Hi,

Thanks!

You are a nonsmoker and you "are wondering if the negatives/side effects outweigh the benefits" ?!!

You are either dumber than dirt, or an ASH troll. Either way, my advice is: DON'T TOUCH AN E-CIG AND GO THE F**K AWAY.

STILLSMOK9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Hi,

Thanks!
To put it more softly, if you are interested in this do a little reading on the forum before you place controversial threads. Especially if you are new to this fairly new concept/alternative to cancer sticks..

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
To put it more softly, if you are interested in this do a little reading on the forum before you place controversial threads. Especially if you are new to this fairly new concept/alternative to cancer sticks..

So perfectly phrased Still. Thank you!

And to the OP, always follow the beat of your own drum. NEVER EVER do whut others do cuz it may seem cool

'Course ASH Troll did make me snigger...:D

Last edited:

happily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2009
anchorage, ak
There would be no benefits for a nonsmoker and they would be a pain in the ... for a toy. They are too susceptible to problems. The reason some of us love them is they have helped us from our life long battle with quitting cigarettes. I would never pay $100's of dollars for an electronic pretend beer that only worked half the time either.

STILLSMOK9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
if you are having to stop and think about it and ask on a forum, doesn't that give you the answer already? stay away!
Very good point and this is coming from a newb that has obviously found something to replace her dependancy to something that had attempted to control her.

Only my guess WG!!

willsgirlie

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Fort Meade, Maryland
Very good point and this is coming from a newb that has obviously found something to replace her dependancy to something that had attempted to control her.

Only my guess WG!!

exactly :) it's not a stop smoking aid per-say but it sure isn't a new cool thing to start out of nowhere!!

Withnail

Feb 26, 2009
thanks everyone for your opinions, but for the people who are screaming DON'T DO IT you still haven't answered the question as to why....

forget about the money that's irrelevant to me what are the reasons against a non-smoker starting a 0 nicotine e-cig?

Because 'smoking' a fake cigarette might possibly get you into the habit of smoking a real cigarette, which might kill you. However, to the planet as a whole, losing an ....... like you could be seen as a win, so who's to judge?

Last edited:

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I see you are only 27 years old... want to blow vapor smoke rings and have a blue LED? Here is my recommendation for you:
New Zero Blaster: Zero Toys Online Store

good god, grow up and grow a brain. If you were my 27 year old, I'd be ashamed I raised you up to be so immature.

Money is irrelevant? :nah: Go give your irrelevent money to a homeless shelter. Save the $$ you'll spend on one of these (and other useless show off toys) and go buy a house... If you can't handle that responsibility, go buy a video game and some candy cigarettes so you can pretend to smoke and entertain yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread