Anybody else get this blow-off response from the White House regarding the petition we all signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fb305

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Kentucky
Maybe it is time to flood the White House with snail mail, complaining about the FDA trying to force non-smokers to go back to smoking.

It wouldn't do any good. The only way to get anything done in Washington is to have really deep pockets and pay a politician to "care" about your interest. The only person who would ever see your letters would probably be some intern kid before they're thrown in the trash.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
If anyone is less than enthralled with the government bureaucratic boilerplate
response, there is a surefire way to change our government. VOTE, make
sure your friends and family vote, spend more time deciding on a candidate than
voting for American Idol, attend town hall meetings if possible, nail their hides to
the wall.

The only thing a politician fears is any group that is genuinely incensed, organized
and willing to vote the bums out.

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I think if everyone on the forum gave $1, we could get the lab tests done. I would give the first buck

The average cost to bring a drug to market is in the neighborhood of 1.3 - 1.7 billion. Let's go ahead and round that down to $1,000,000,000. Then split it up by the ~70k people who have registered here, then cut that number in at least half for the ones that registered and went away, moved on, and were spam bots.

If we all give $1 28,571 times, then we're gettin' somewhere. :)

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
The average cost to bring a drug to market [...]

No one is bringing a drug to market. Nicotine is already on the market and has been since the dawn of time. It's most popular delivery method is tomatoes and tomato products, followed by tobacco and tobacco products. Those who actively seek the benefits of nicotine usually use the latter for that purpose. Tobacco is dangerous, not because of the nicotine, but because of other factors. vaping is a delivery method for nicotine that happens to be far less dangerous than tobacco.

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Hey, I agree. I wouldn't have started if I didn't believe that. Currently, ecigs are not classified as drug delivery devices. This is a good thing IMO. The cost of a proper study for FDA approval owould be immense... a whole lot more than the $1 per ecf member suggested above.

I still maintain that the best thing the government can do for vaping is to stay the hell away from it... let's not get too upset when they blow off these petitions, as inaction on their part is probably the most desireable result.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
It wouldn't do any good. The only way to get anything done in Washington is to have really deep pockets and pay a politician to "care" about your interest. The only person who would ever see your letters would probably be some intern kid before they're thrown in the trash.
Well then, in that case, maybe it's time we took our Portable Juice Steamers to the White House and threaten to vaporize them with Tomato Juice. Everyone knows that tomatoes have addicting nicotine in them which leads adults to other more deadly types of juices such as Blood Marys. We'll turn them all into not only nic freaks but alcohol freaks as well! If that doesn't get them to take notice, then we'll pull out the OJ and vodka!! Everyone knows that OJ leads children to vodka usage. It's just a matter of time...

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
I did drink a lot of OJ as a kid, and now I drink a lot of alcohol! I also ate a lot of pizza as a kid and then started smoking! Maybe they do know what's best for everyone. Now I just need to decide who to sue first for all my addictions!

A good starting point would be the dude you see in the mirror.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
I did drink a lot of OJ as a kid, and now I drink a lot of alcohol! I also ate a lot of pizza as a kid and then started smoking! Maybe they do know what's best for everyone. Now I just need to decide who to sue first for all my addictions!
::hiccup::: I'll drink to that! :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread