The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Anybody using the cartomizer 601 pipe?

Discussion in 'DSE 601 *Pipe*' started by Sludge Van Diesel, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Sludge Van Diesel

Sludge Van Diesel Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2009
    Barnet UK
    & if so, what are your opinions on it?

2. Ken_A

Ken_A Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2013
    Florida
    It's an excellent starter pipe if you are just starting with vaping. If not, get some 510 battery extensions that are not sealed. This is so the auto-switch will still work. Then you can use many different devices on it. As long as they will work with an auto switch.

Then again, if you like cartomizers, then it's an excellent pipe!

3. Sludge Van Diesel

Sep 24, 2009
    Barnet UK
    Not keen on the fact that most other pipes I've seen have the atty as part of the bowl, but as this doesn't I thought I'd give it a go (plus the refillable cartos are fairly cheap).

I've got Intellicig 401s & Joytech eRolls for out & about, so this is purely for home use. The 510 extensions you're talking about, they'd change the outward appearance of the pipe would they not? Really want something that looks just like this model that I could puff on in my slippers & smoking jacket while drinking a glass of port (OK I haven't got a smoking jacket & I don't particularly like port, but it helps set the image I'm after with the pipe, if you get my drift).

4. Ken_A

Jan 13, 2013
    Florida
    It's definitely worth the money. And as I said, you can always get extensions if you want to use something besides the cartos. :)

5. Sludge Van Diesel

Sep 24, 2009
    Barnet UK
  6. Sludge Van Diesel

Sep 24, 2009
    Barnet UK
    It's not that I like cartomizers, more that I think having the atty as part of the bowl is a big design flaw.

If there is anything out there of similar size & shape with seperate battery housing, atty & carts, I'm open to suggestions.

7. Ken_A

Jan 13, 2013
    Florida
  8. Sludge Van Diesel

Sep 24, 2009
    Barnet UK
    Decided to bite the bullet & get one from TECC (as they're having a bank holiday sale at the moment)

Will report my findings.

9. Sludge Van Diesel

Sep 24, 2009
    Barnet UK
    Didn't start using it until 8th June, as I got it for myself as a birthday present. Other than the fact the LED died almost instantaneously, I was very impressed. Then after 3 weeks use the whole thing went dead. This was a few days after the warranty expired, but following a quick phonecall to TECC explaining I didn't start using it for a week & a half after receiving it, they exchanged the bowl unit. The new one has worked fine so far (although the LED doesn't always light up) Performance has been fine.

10. Ken_A

Jan 13, 2013
    Florida
    I've had my 601-Cs for over 6 months now... I started with them. they work just fine still. perhaps you got a bad batch one?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.