Inside the 601

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasEd

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
If anyone is curious, like I was, I split a dead 601 that I had to see what was inside.

Ed.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 533

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
Thanks Ed. I'd like a pic of the inside to show an electronics wiz friend to see if it is possible to convert the 601 to use cartomizers or tanks, like maybe CE2's or the ego-t tank (preferable).

I'm thinking if the atty section was removable somehow then the wiring going to the atty could be connected to an ego battery fitting instead, along with some kind of manual switch. The battery section could be sealed off (if you wanted to) as the air supply would come from the battery connection.

It would mean it would have a straight mouthpiece not curved like the original pipe, but if you didn't need to replace the whole bowl/atty assembly every month that would be an acceptable trade off to me.

I'm sure its not that simple but you never know til someone tries it.

DallasEd

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
I think it was you who originally posted the link for the Portopype? Matt at Mistbusters tells me they are coming out with a billiard style pipe (same size as the 601) with a single battery, a manual switch, and he's looking into making it fit the replaceable eGo tank atty. It will have the straight stem and mouthpiece, but like you, I can get used to that too.

He says his pipe should be ready to ship in a few weeks. It won't be as cheap as the Chinese 601, but with a replaceable atty, it will be less expensive in the long run. AND it's made right here in the USA. Maybe you could develop an Aussie model?

I'll keep you posted.

Ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread