RDA Anyone have experience with the Derringer RDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humbardy

Mar 30, 2015
Montclair, NJ
based on someone's post here I just now ordered a derringer tobeco clone from ele8vape. has the silver center post so must be the V2. total shipped = $12.83.

My Clone just came in from Elev8vape, and oh man, it's awesome. I'm running it on my 4nine clone with less than favourable batteries, so right now I got a single coil build (which works flawlessly air flow wise) at 1ohm and this thing is amazing. Putting out decently sized clouds from something smaller than a 15ml bottle of juice is just the best. Super satisfied, I'd recommended the Derringer to anybody.

CrystalJeth

Verified Member
Feb 7, 2015
Anyone got ideas on how could i get the derringer clone with philips head screws to work with temp control? Neg posts are fine but center one stays a bit loose how ever tight i try to screw it. Would it work to feed the ni200 around the screws kayfun style or not?

Don't think so, there isn't any part of post except for the post holes that would keep it in place.

Just wanna ask, does anybody know what size of o-rings the deringger uses

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
Anyone got ideas on how could i get the derringer clone with philips head screws to work with temp control? Neg posts are fine but center one stays a bit loose how ever tight i try to screw it. Would it work to feed the ni200 around the screws kayfun style or not?

You could wrap around the screws since you have a Phillips that sticks above the post with a head. I would just be careful to not mount them too high so that the top cap interferes with them causing a short.

What I personally would do though is find a small allen head grub screw that fits. at least then you can tighten down into the post to make contact. I just had to do this to two of my clones when running smaller wire. The center post screws were just barely not long enough to trap and tighten the leads. Luckily I have a small container full of every spare screw/o-ring that I've ever gotten with new atty purchases.

Libbydude

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Idaho

I don't have any experience with nickel. But I believe I have the same clone as you. I would just pick up a slightly longer screw. Myself, I just don't use smaller than 26 awg for single coil. Dual 28 awg seems to capture fine with kanthal.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
Anyone else having center post spinning? If so, any solutions?

Dissemble then reassemble with a touch of epoxy bellow deck area to post and insulator and insulator to base. If your afraid of weeping of the epoxy then there are not many other options. You could use super glue also. Just remember if there is any oozed to the deck thats where your cotton and juice will go so use sparingly and smartly not to get any in the well area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread