Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
No virus here, nor do I know anyone with it but there is now 1 actually confirmed case in my county (in Virginia here) and a couple other presumed positive cases waiting on test results... we know who they are, but dont personally know them.

If we catch it though I'll be sure to mention... if we do catch it then it was from grocery shopping, as that's the only place we've attended in a while other than my doctors and everyone in town shops there.

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
Not officially had similar symptoms though a bit ago. Coulda been in the time window.
I would love an antigen tests, but only after they make and distribute enough ACTUAL tests.

Anna

Like Anna, I know a few people that were pretty sick for a week to ten days with symptoms that would now be flagged as coronavirus. I read yesterday that Spain has home test kit available in their drug stores to test for the antibodies. They were described as looking like a pregnancy test device that you place a drop of your blood on and it will discolor if the antibodies are in your blood. I have no idea why we don't have these kits here, if the design is available in an allied country. It seems knowing who is now immune would make it easier to determine who to allow to return to work.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Like Anna, I know a few people that were pretty sick for a week to ten days with symptoms that would now be flagged as coronavirus. I read yesterday that Spain has home test kit available in their drug stores to test for the antibodies. They were described as looking like a pregnancy test device that you place a drop of your blood on and it will discolor if the antibodies are in your blood. I have no idea why we don't have these kits here, if the design is available in an allied country. It seems knowing who is now immune would make it easier to determine who to allow to return to work.

I had a sinus/chest cold about 3 weeks ago and my wife made me go to the med stop. Xray showed a hazy area high in one lung and said it was a mild infection. They gave me an antibiotic and cough syrup. I got almost better and it came back after the antibiotics wore off. I went back again, got a different doctor who xray'ed me again. The haze had moved to the bottom of the lung. Hegave me a different antibiotic and an Albuterol inhaler. That did the trick, but it took about 10 days to feel normal again. Who knows, they didn't test for CoronaVirus.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Tests are rare and very hard to get in the US. Not so much in other countries. All I’ve got is a thermometer with no protection baggies, I’m having to reuse em, and I was really lucky to get that the stores have been sold out for ages. The problem with the question is it requires an official diagnosis which frequently cannot be gotten.

fitchy

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Haverhill, UNITED KINGDOM
Hi guys and gals, I’m from uk...I know of a couple cases of illnesses during last few weeks, but not diagnosed as COVID , as not anywhere near enough tests here.... you literally have to be admitted to hospital to get tested... also me and my partner had bad colds and coughs that wouldn’t shift earlier this year... still slightly breathless from it now....

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Tests aren't readily available here. They will only test people with lots of symptoms for the most part.

Since it seems many people have the infection and never get symptoms, most people don't know if they have had it and recovered unless they get sick enough to have been treated for it.

JimmyDB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2014
No one I know IRL has been diagnosed, because none of them have even been tested. Hunkering down with my several liters of base and gallons of flavoring :)

giphy.gif

Reactions: Anise

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am (unconfirmed but suspected it's hard to get tested in my current location) COVID-19 atm.

I thought I had it earlier but it think I had it totally wrong. I was expecting to get it, I was working in a pediatric clinic and since I was "high risk" they sent me over there.

Even though we all HAD N95 masks, we were not allowed to use them (although they were reusable) so as "not to scare the patients." It made 0 sense to me but like, instead we used paper masks and not only that they were RATIONED to one a day. If we took it off we were to put it inside a brown paper bag to reuse it. I would darkly pull that thing out and go, "That is a germ collection factory and its gross." Also gloves were rationed and YOU DO NOT go from room to room etc., so it sucked there too.

Rural medicine gotta love it. I began with a fever a few days ago. I was off work anyway for something else but woke one morning with a nasty cough lasting 5 or so minutes. It took two inhaler puffs, 5 minutes apart to tame it.

I actually felt vile enough to teledoc "immediately" through my work insurance and the provider said I was, ah "Textbook" whatever that means and she was wanting me to get tested but I explained I would have to go to a hospital around here due to my rural location and she was like. "Okay. Go there if you think you are dying."

I didn't expect a test at my symptom level because there are not enough, and I sincerely hope I never need one as that would mean I'd be somewhere on oxygen etc.

It's a lot like the flu if you ask me honestly, in the sense you 100% feel like you are dying, but you are 95% probably not. There are more respiratory system effects, I haven't had a coughing fit like that in a long time. I still get them but I'm using inhalers etc., all things prescribed religiously.

My temp is hovering around 99.5 with the highest dose of Tylenol.

Yesterday my entire respiratory system hurt like hell. Taking a deep breath was hard. After taming the coughing a bit the above two are more mild. Yesterday I had some slight (possible) signs of like poor 02 sats like, well swollen toes and numb fingers. That is also getting slightly better.

I would call it super unpleasant and I'm exhausted and don't want to do nothing nor go anywhere. Luckily that is not in the cards anyway.

I don't feel great certainly but I am also not dead yet etc.

Anna

dreamvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 20, 2018
    UK
    Anna, you keep shocking me with your stories

"Okay. Go there if you think you are dying."

Ain't all that situation so frkn wrong?
    Frontline medics without a proper protection - even N95 mask is not enough, what about the protection glasses and the robe?
    Also, when a medic probably got infected you can't even get tested and are suggested to treat yourself with tylenol at home, like WTF and it's not even Uganda but USA in 21st century?
    That is SO wrong I don't have censure words for it to describe. :evil:

Anna, wish you to get healthy ASAP.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread