Are "Cloud Chasers" helping the anti-vape movement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I usually dont join in on these type of threads. There is always 2 sides to every story, etc.

I see it this way.. What if there was only one type of atomizer and the clouds were all basically the same size, density etc. Everyone's lungs are all different capacities etc so would we be chastising some for larger lungs? The anti-smokers/ vapers would STILL be whining, complaining, doing the "coughing" thing ( whether or not it really irritated their sinuses or not ). Right?

We , as in any group of people, be it vaping, gaming, photography, religion and politics .. are always finding ways to divide ourselves. Humans have always had that mentality ; you ( everyone else but "me" ) believe, like , this the same way or "you" are not with us....

I think that many of us "vapers" are doing each other more harm in the "vaping" arena than the "antis"

What we ALL need to do it use common courtesy for those around us, even if you think "they" are silly, uneducated, ignorant, etc.

The laws are what they are even if we dont agree with it. By rebelling and not heeding the "no smoking" signs , laws etc. THAT is what is ruining our vaping rights.

Like it or not, nicotine is considered a tobacco product because a huge percentage of nicotine is derived from tobacco plants. Yes, we have all heard the "its in eggplants, tomatoes, blah , blah" We are talking semantics....

You say the word "tobacco" and I bet 98% visualize a tobacco leaf or a cigarette, be honest, right?

So if you all want to save our vaping rights, we have to STOP the bickering.... Stop finding silly rationalizations, Just because its not nicotine in a leafy form, it really is , 99% of the time, synthetic or not, its nicotine. The media and medical world has spent the last 50+ years demonizing it. You think that 10 years in the public media , that vaping is going to turn that around?

Courtesy and education and time are going to prove that vaping is not the same as smoking.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Scientists have recently reported that vapor is a leading cause of climate change. I'm looking out the window right now and, yup, it's cloudy. The vapor is so think its raining e liquid. I'm not sure what flavor it is. Instead of the FDA banning flavors or nicotine the EPA is going to put emissions limits on visible vapor. That will take care of those annoying cloud chasers.

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
I'm very far from a cloud-chaser. I vape mostly MTL. but pretty aggressively (I use MTL tanks, but open them all the way up and pull hard on them, almost in a DTL style.) The amount of vapor I produce is nothing like what real cloud-chasers get, but it's visually a _lot_ more cloudy than what cigarettes produce. I just say that to get it out of the way.

I'm inclined to think that if the question is just about perceptions then I don't care if cloud-chasing makes the public like vaping less. I think that once we start down that road there will be no end to it, and we'll wind up with cig-alikes as the only option. I'm pretty firm in my belief that how you like to vape is none of my ......ned business. I'll occasionally make fun of extreme cloud-chasing, but I mean it in a very friendly way.

That said, and as other people have pointed out in this thread, there are certain norms that vapers ought to respect, even if they make no real sense. When you're chucking massive clouds you have to be much more aware of them than when you're stealth-vaping little sips. It all comes down to the same thing though- don't be an ........

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
the EPA is going to put emissions limits on visible vapor. That will take care of those annoying cloud chasers.

That is , Im sorry to say a very dangerous proposal. "WHO" is going to be the group to decide what size and density is "legal" THat is just silly.

THen what, who decides what cars are allowed to be on the road, levels of out door activity noise levels. Being too loud when laughing? How much alcohol is allowed per person? You really want some one to tell you that only 6 oz of wine/ 1oz of hard liquor depending on alcohol content etc. People would not follow those rules and then they would make it illegal to buy any alcohol other than a licensed bar?

Nope, we all need to relax and realize that there are different needs or levels of enjoyment. Stop pointing the fingers and just use common sense and basic manners when out and about.

Reactions: go_player
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread