Are these Boge LRs suppose to be this harsh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supremekizzle

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
Minnesota
I've got some boge 2.0 ohm and I can't tell if I keep burning the filler or if they are suppose to be this harsh. I did fill them until they were pretty soaked with juice but there is a tinge of a burnt taste in there somewhere so it could be filler but I'm getting too much vapor for them to be dry. Holy balls, anything longer than a 1/2 second drag and it will literally scorch the back of my throat. Anybody else find these this harsh? Does the 3.0 ohm give a considerably cooler vape? Thanks for the help. BTW if this is the nature of these cartomizers to be this harsh, I salute you crazy people for loving that.:evil:

achtungbaby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2011
St. Petersburg, Florida
I'm quite new to all this but I ordered a box of boge lr and 2 off them taste HORRIBLE!! I thought it was the new juice but no..they taste nothing but burnt. The others are wonderful!

follow up....
Operator error...surprise surprise... http://www.electronicstix.com/E-Cig-101-13.html
Thanks Jason...

Last edited:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I have some 2.0 BOGE cartos and love them....no harshness and no burnt taste. So....hmmm....don't know about that. I do know that the 3.0 ohm cartos DO in fact vape cooler. The draw is a little stiffer, too. I prefer the 2.0s, but it's all a matter of taste. I put at least 30 drops in both the 2.0 and the 3.0 cartos. Then, I top them up with at least 15 drops at the first sign of loss of vapor. Hope that helps.

Jonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Pennsylvania
I recently ordered 2 boxes(5 each) of the Boge LR 2.0s and 2 of the first 5 were bad-exactly as how you describe them. Regularly the Boges do not perform like this-I've been using them exclusively for about 2 months now. Sounds as if you got at least a couple of bad ones like myself. Contact the vendor, mine sent out replacements as soon as told of the problem.

supremekizzle

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
Minnesota
I didn't count drops but I filled the longer condom half way and all, save ~3 drops, went into the cartomizer. I'm also getting a lot of vapor, but its just super harsh (I'm still a smoker and even a cig isn't this hot) and my juice doesn't have a taste anymore. It could just be the nature of these things for all I know. I've got some 3.0 on the way and will give those a spin once they get here.

supremekizzle

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
Minnesota
They are definitely faulty-same EXACT thing with mine, you can put in all the juice you want and it still tastes burnt and WAY too hot.

Glad I'm not the only one, hopefully these 3.0 will be better. Honestly I just went back and practically flooded the cartomizer with juice to try again and now my throat probably has 3rd degree burn. Honestly its kind of dangerous if an unsuspecting person were to get these and take a really huge drag off them.

fuzznut

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
N.J.
Boge 2.0ohm cartos are the only thing I use now for my eGo batts. I couldn't stand them at first, way too hot. So I chuck the silicone cap and use cut-down Joye carts (empty, of course) instead. Big difference now, the cart cools it down and the flavor is more pronounced. Also drilled air holes in the batts to utilize draw from the center hole, as the draw tightens up quick with the side holes on the carto. Love 'em. The 3 ohm cartos are way too weak in flavor for my batts (supposedly 3.3V when working).

Buzzy

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2010
Chicago
Hi, Supremek!
I just got my Boge 2.0s a week ago and have been vaping on them steadily just topping off periodically, and haven't had anything like what you've experienced. But...just in case the problem is not faulty cartos, and it probably is...I'd suggest that you try a different fill. I'm assuming that you have soft caps, which I know might not be the case. But I've never had good luck with the ccfm method. Give this a try and see if the results improve: pop off the soft cap, then put about 10 drops in, rotating the carto slightly as you add; wait a few seconds, then 6 to 8 more drops; continue until you have 20+ drops in the carto, and set it down on a paper towel or flat waterproof surface. Every 15 seconds or so, add a couple of more drops, until you see a little come out the battery end and soak the paper towel, or form a drop on the surface. Wait a few seconds for any excess to be drawn out by gravity, then wipe off the battery end, put the cap back in, and vape away - or put the condoms back on if you are storing it for later.
It might or might not help. But it won't hurt to try.

fuzznut

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
N.J.
There on sale right now at Vapordeal.com

I don't think these are the same ones. My Boge boxes say "510D 2ohm". The Vapordeal (from cigtechs.com) are 1.8ohm. On the cigtech site, it says 1.6ohm, +/- .2ohm. A review there stated the connector is gold (2ohm connector is silver), and there is no wire coming out of the center hole. So they don't sound the same, but who knows, they might better! Guinea pig anyone?

supremekizzle

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
Minnesota
Hi, Supremek!
I just got my Boge 2.0s a week ago and have been vaping on them steadily just topping off periodically, and haven't had anything like what you've experienced. But...just in case the problem is not faulty cartos, and it probably is...I'd suggest that you try a different fill. I'm assuming that you have soft caps, which I know might not be the case. But I've never had good luck with the ccfm method. Give this a try and see if the results improve: pop off the soft cap, then put about 10 drops in, rotating the carto slightly as you add; wait a few seconds, then 6 to 8 more drops; continue until you have 20+ drops in the carto, and set it down on a paper towel or flat waterproof surface. Every 15 seconds or so, add a couple of more drops, until you see a little come out the battery end and soak the paper towel, or form a drop on the surface. Wait a few seconds for any excess to be drawn out by gravity, then wipe off the battery end, put the cap back in, and vape away - or put the condoms back on if you are storing it for later.
It might or might not help. But it won't hurt to try.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I lterally flooded the cartomizer in hopes of it just being dry. Nope. I did, however, put an empty cart over the end of the cartomizer (kinda like a faux drip tip) and it cooled it down considerably. Alas, it was nicer but still too hot. I guess scalding vapor just isn't my cup o' tea as it is for others. Thanks for the help peeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread