Ares, new MTL RTA designed by Phil Busardo and Dimitirs Agrafiotis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
In the spirit of lightening the mood, here's a hilarious review (the only one I could find for this device that I wanted to order) where the reviewer can't figure out how to fill the tank or turn down the wattage.

Anyway, I got this kit despite his grave warning and here's a pic of the fill holes in the tank. The mod works really well - no blowing up

lol kinda my point exactly. and yeah it was funny to watch for sure. the other thing i see a lot is the "first" reviewer. the one who gets something and reviews it pretty much the same day or the next day already. i've seen a few on the new aspire kit already and one on the smoant cylon. or they do a 1st impressions review. it's all for clicks but you cna't take anything they say serious in that short of an amount of time

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Ya know Jingles, and others, over on the Original Siren thread, one of the things that I finally ended up doing was to measure those wick slots on the Siren V1, and found them to be 5mm across and about the same from the deck to the glass, that's a pretty big hole to fill up with wick. So I made a 3.5mm, then a 4mm coil and packed both with KGD, and reported back in the thread how it seemed to me that I was making progress in stopping that Siren from being wet on the bottom air flow ring all the time. Others tried the 3.5mm coil and they too reported back that they had success in stopping the seeping and wetness along the bottom of their Siren's. I have no Idea at all what the dimensions of the wicking slots are on the Ares, but, someone might try a bigger coil like a 3.5mm or 4mm, wick it tight, and please report back your findings. Phil was so impressed with the Siren V1 that he used it himself for quite a while, even during his reviews of other RTA's (on camera), so he might have used the Siren's dimensions of those wick slots as a starting point for the Ares. Try a 3.5mm or 4mm coil, wick it tight, and see if that doesn't help ya'll that are experiencing leaking around the air flow ring and from around the base. Just a thought.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Ya know Jingles, and others, over on the Original Siren thread, one of the things that I finally ended up doing was to measure those wick slots on the Siren V1, and found them to be 5mm across and about the same from the deck to the glass, that's a pretty big hole to fill up with wick. So I made a 3.5mm, then a 4mm coil and packed both with KGD, and reported back in the thread how it seemed to me that I was making progress in stopping that Siren from being wet on the bottom air flow ring all the time. Others tried the 3.5mm coil and they too reported back that they had success in stopping the seeping and wetness along the bottom of their Siren's. I have no Idea at all what the dimensions of the wicking slots are on the Ares, but, someone might try a bigger coil like a 3.5mm or 4mm, wick it tight, and please report back your findings. Phil was so impressed with the Siren V1 that he used it himself for quite a while, even during his reviews of other RTA's (on camera), so he might have used the Siren's dimensions of those wick slots as a starting point for the Ares. Try a 3.5mm or 4mm coil, wick it tight, and see if that doesn't help ya'll that are experiencing leaking around the air flow ring and from around the base. Just a thought.
well i guess i might as well make myself useful to the topic here lol what did you want to know? I'm using the coil that comes with it which is 3mm ID the "phil B spec build" that i asked him about during his AMA on reddit. I haven't had any leaks personally but i have had juice make it's way to the drip tip a little at times on long hard pulls with the air at the lowest setting

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
In the spirit of lightening the mood, here's a hilarious review (the only one I could find for this device that I wanted to order) where the reviewer can't figure out how to fill the tank or turn down the wattage.

Anyway, I got this kit despite his grave warning and here's a pic of the fill holes in the tank. The mod works really well - no blowing up

Now that was one of the most "Well put together" reviews, or videos I have seen in a long time. It checked all my boxes, very informative. Why are some people so eager to show others that they have No Clue at all as to what they are doing ?? This is why we need folks like Anthony, Phil, Todd, DJLsb (Daniel), and RIP Twisters.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
Now that was one of the most "Well put together" reviews, or videos I have seen in a long time. It checked all my boxes, very informative. Why are some people so eager to show others that they have No Clue at all as to what they are doing ?? This is why we need folks like Anthony, Phil, Todd, DJLsb (Daniel), and RIP Twisters.:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Some people got it and some don't (it= critical thinking skills)

trollytrackz

Verified Member
Sep 24, 2012
Calgary
The thing I don't get with Vic is, if you like the siren 2 how can you call the ares garbage? I don't have the siren 2 but they seem similar on paper, and other reviewers consider them in the same ballpark. Pbusardo ended up liking the siren 2.. Vic's airflow pressure thing seemed like a giant reach

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com

I just watched that "review" and I then I had to go make sure the brownies I had with dinner where not umm magic ones

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I just watched that "review" and I then I had to go make sure the brownies I had with dinner where not umm magic ones

I'm thinkin' he might have smoked a little "Rope a Dope" before doing that video myself. He sure looked cornfused to me. ;) :lol: :lol: :confused:

Necrospecter

Dulce de Leche to rule them all
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2017
Fort Worth Texas
www.forsakengamingnation.com
that was just painful I mean really I think I got a contact .... from it. This is my problem with reviews on youtube at least from what I have seen you get one of two type one where hey this is Jerry's new toy now Jerry sent this to me for this review and it is great. which in my mind turns into I will tell you how great this is no matter what I really think so I keep getting free stuff. Then the other like this guy and I will say I kept watching hoping it would blow up on him. I have yet to see a review done by someone who paid for it and is doing it because they really like it now that does not mean they are not out there just means I have not ran across one yet. But that is why I have you, peoples, I come here and ask what you think and then read it all (and maybe hope for a good fight but I am a sadist and a born troublemaker.)

Reactions: stols001

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
that was just painful I mean really I think I got a contact .... from it. This is my problem with reviews on youtube at least from what I have seen you get one of two type one where hey this is Jerry's new toy now Jerry sent this to me for this review and it is great. which in my mind turns into I will tell you how great this is no matter what I really think so I keep getting free stuff. Then the other like this guy and I will say I kept watching hoping it would blow up on him. I have yet to see a review done by someone who paid for it and is doing it because they really like it now that does not mean they are not out there just means I have not ran across one yet. But that is why I have you, peoples, I come here and ask what you think and then read it all (and maybe hope for a good fight but I am a sadist and a born troublemaker.)
to be fair i paid for everything i reviewed for the 1st 6+ months of my channel for the exact reason you listed. then i started getting sent stuff but it hasn't changed me one bit. hell eleaf sent me the new invoke kit as the 1st thing they ever sent me and i gave it a bad review and said don't buy it. I try to fight the good fight but as you said the people like me are few and far between and hard to find when they do exist

Reactions: stols001

SKYYcamel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2009
Mississippi
to be fair i paid for everything i reviewed for the 1st 6+ months of my channel for the exact reason you listed. then i started getting sent stuff but it hasn't changed me one bit. hell eleaf sent me the new invoke kit as the 1st thing they ever sent me and i gave it a bad review and said don't buy it. I try to fight the good fight but as you said the people like me are few and far between and hard to find when they do exist
Why didn't you like the Invoke mod?

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Dude...he wants you to watch his review to find out!;)
I mean it's a lot more info then i care to retype out. if i copy and paste it'll be a massive 2 post clogging the thread. It's not like i get anything for getting views lol i could care less. but i do reviews so that i can easily link them to answer a bunch of questions. it's much better then a 2 line post of A is awesome or A sucks

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
:facepalm:
I get it- you're here to promote your excellent, unbiased reviews. But I think....wait- I think I hear your mom calling you for dinner.

Okay, sorry, I guess that was pretty mean. I can be ornery and blunt sometimes. But it does seem your only purpose here has nothing to do with Ares, and a lot to do with your philosophy and commitment to integrity in reviewing. And you should see about get that shift key fixed.
For what purpose exactly? What do I gain from It? I post my reviews here in the review section and that's it. I respond if people have comments and questions but that's all. I saint post anything about them until someone asked why I didn't like the invoke. I came here to weigh in on the reviewer drama but also offered up to answer questions about the Ares since I have one.

As far as your other comments go it sounds pretty childish and petty and a poor insult at best since I'm an adult with my own house married and have children so really while trying to poop on me, your just making yourself look pretty bad

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
Sadly, mine is now leaking under the base also. I think the juice is coming out of the airflow holes in my case. I had disassembled and cleaned the tank out yesterday and rewicked and filled with a new juice. I got a little gurgling at first, then the leaking started. Everything feels tight, so not sure what I possible did wrong. I haven't checked the Orings yet. That's next for me. Open for any suggestions...

Jingles, on about my second fill I decided when the tank was about half full to leave on its side for a few hours. No leaks. Then on about the third or fourth fill, it started leaking through the air holes. Not a ton, but enough that I had to dab the area with a tissue every few minutes. But the seeping got worse, so I washed the tank and put it away for another day.

A couple of days later the second tank arrived. Since it was black I decided to put the smoke tinted tank on, at which point I noticed the base was on a lot--and I mean a lot--tighter than I would screw it on. It came back to me that the first one was very tight too.

This weekend I'm going to give both tanks a second shot. And I'm going to screw the bases on very tight. Maybe that will stop the leaking?

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
exactly. when it comes to an actual review it should be fair and unbiased and focus on only the product itself. take the pharaoh for instance i don't like rip, i know many don't. not that i don't like him personally, i just don't like his everything is awesome style of review. but when reviewing the pharaoh i had to focus on the product itself and it's a great product. I feel many can't be objective. and it's a widespread issue not an isolated case. and again it falls on the community. IDK if people know why i stopped posting here, but it goes back to this exact issue. it was about the captain PD270 which i tested and it failed and i consider to be a poor mod and not worth buying. another user here did a review of which was sponsored praising the mod. I was trying to warn to others that the mod is a POS and not waste money but that user was hell bent on shilling it out in the hopes of getting more free stuff. in other words he sold out to get some free gear. he .....ed to the mods and they warned me to leave it alone and decided to let him continue his shilling. at that point i figured it's not worth posting here if that's how it's going to be that people are allowed to do that and if someone speaks up about it they get a warning. so i just decided to not post here much. since then that user also while claiming how the TC on the captain is great, was asking me question because he didn't know how to use it. hell he still doesn't.

he's done 2 reviews since then both glowing of course but also to anyone who knows what they are talking about clearly can tell he doens't know anything. but noobs who google and find it, will fall for it and it's sad. besides that the only posts this user makes is in contests threads. his reviews he tests temp control using the TFV12 T12 coils and baby beast coils. none of which are SS but for some reason he thinks it is and says they work in TC on every device he's reviewed. Now i don't go around posting in his reviews calling it out, i just ignore it but it does make me sad that it's allowed. I understand there is a "freedom of speech" but where is the line drawn? when it comes to misleading people for personal gain i don't think it should be allowed. I did a review on the invoke recently and on another forum someone else who reviewed it came into my thread trying to shill it despite me giving it a bad review. he went as far as to say i'm wrong and it's a good mod in the effort of getting free stuff. Even everyday users do it too. Since i started getting stuff i've been hit with dozens of messages of people asking how to get free stuff and new "reviewers" without a clue popping up all because they want free stuff. it makes me sick. I seen a guy win a drag on another forum. have it for 1 day. ask questions about how to use it as he had no clue then hours later post a glowing review. Now i know the drag is a great mod, but clearly this person has no business posting that review because it could have been a bad mod and they wouldn't know. The entire concept of reviews has been so watered down and tarnished that i just mostly feel like I'm fighting a losing battle because people only care about free .... and have no integrity.

why would you say you are scum? I don't get it. nothing wrong with liking a review or product?

I think DJL did it right personally. he showed how to use it, explained his design choices, showed what's in the box and all that but didn't review or glorify it.

Maybe scum is the wrong word here. To Cerberus aka my wife's sisters and brother-in-law, I'm scum. Here I'm just dumber than a box of rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread