Ares, new MTL RTA designed by Phil Busardo and Dimitirs Agrafiotis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusie

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2017
Germany
Ya know Jingles, and others, over on the Original Siren thread, one of the things that I finally ended up doing was to measure those wick slots on the Siren V1, and found them to be 5mm across and about the same from the deck to the glass, that's a pretty big hole to fill up with wick. So I made a 3.5mm, then a 4mm coil and packed both with KGD, and reported back in the thread how it seemed to me that I was making progress in stopping that Siren from being wet on the bottom air flow ring all the time. Others tried the 3.5mm coil and they too reported back that they had success in stopping the seeping and wetness along the bottom of their Siren's. I have no Idea at all what the dimensions of the wicking slots are on the Ares, but, someone might try a bigger coil like a 3.5mm or 4mm, wick it tight, and please report back your findings. Phil was so impressed with the Siren V1 that he used it himself for quite a while, even during his reviews of other rta's (on camera), so he might have used the Siren's dimensions of those wick slots as a starting point for the Ares. Try a 3.5mm or 4mm coil, wick it tight, and see if that doesn't help ya'll that are experiencing leaking around the air flow ring and from around the base. Just a thought.

Hmm, you got me thinking, it may be true that smaller coils may not hold enough wick so the wick channels might not be as filled and tight and let some juice through which seeps out of the airflow... Since the included 3mm coil did not produce and good flavor and I love smaller coils for MTL I might be screwed ...

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
:facepalm:
I get it- you're here to promote your excellent, unbiased reviews. But I think....wait- I think I hear your mom calling you for dinner.

Okay, sorry, I guess that was pretty mean. I can be ornery and blunt sometimes. But it does seem your only purpose here has nothing to do with Ares, and a lot to do with your philosophy and commitment to integrity in reviewing. And you should see about get that shift key fixed.
Childish and Rude........

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I do understand your point, Anthony Vapes, and I am glad that there are reviewers who are doing this because they want accuracy and to give an honest opinion of the mod. I do think there are reviewers that will rate things favorably whether they are influenced by receiving the product for free or not.... Often those reviewers are pretty competent when it comes to demonstrating the equipment.

I still do like homegrown reviews, where someone will review it when they are very impressed with a product, but I am talking an actual REVIEW, by someone who may already have a lot of vape products, or longer threads where everyone is chiming in on their experience, etc. I don't think I've seen a lot of RTA reviews where it's a person's first review of all time. Honestly, my first RTA review was "help" over and over, although I did end with my thoughts, but it was pretty clear that I was not "reviewing" the product. I think a review has a format, includes certain items, and overall is a different experience than someone's first "thoughts" about a product. I could be wrong but I just don't see that many types of reviews. I think ONCE for an e-liquid review.... :)

I actually appreciate your thoughts on this @Anthony_Vapes, and I hope you continue to share them. I guess I haven't been watching reviews for long enough to get all passionate about reviews or reviewers (other than to note that Rip Tripper's rap "offering" made me unlikely to watch a review of his ever, ever again). I'm not saying he's not a competent reviewer either, I'm just saying that rap was "unforgettable" and I can't concentrate on what he is saying anymore....

Anna

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
For what purpose exactly? What do I gain from It? I post my reviews here in the review section and that's it. I respond if people have comments and questions but that's all. I saint post anything about them until someone asked why I didn't like the invoke. I came here to weigh in on the reviewer drama but also offered up to answer questions about the Ares since I have one.

As far as your other comments go it sounds pretty childish and petty and a poor insult at best since I'm an adult with my own house married and have children so really while trying to poop on me, your just making yourself look pretty bad

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Childish and Rude........
Agreed to both. Deleted, and apologies (to Anthony and all) for the very poor manners. Guess I was having a bad day.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I do understand your point, Anthony Vapes, and I am glad that there are reviewers who are doing this because they want accuracy and to give an honest opinion of the mod. I do think there are reviewers that will rate things favorably whether they are influenced by receiving the product for free or not.... Often those reviewers are pretty competent when it comes to demonstrating the equipment.

I still do like homegrown reviews, where someone will review it when they are very impressed with a product, but I am talking an actual REVIEW, by someone who may already have a lot of vape products, or longer threads where everyone is chiming in on their experience, etc. I don't think I've seen a lot of RTA reviews where it's a person's first review of all time. Honestly, my first RTA review was "help" over and over, although I did end with my thoughts, but it was pretty clear that I was not "reviewing" the product. I think a review has a format, includes certain items, and overall is a different experience than someone's first "thoughts" about a product. I could be wrong but I just don't see that many types of reviews. I think ONCE for an e-liquid review.... :)

I actually appreciate your thoughts on this @Anthony_Vapes, and I hope you continue to share them. I guess I haven't been watching reviews for long enough to get all passionate about reviews or reviewers (other than to note that Rip Tripper's rap "offering" made me unlikely to watch a review of his ever, ever again). I'm not saying he's not a competent reviewer either, I'm just saying that rap was "unforgettable" and I can't concentrate on what he is saying anymore....

Anna

Rip put out a Rap Video :rickroll: ??? No Way !! I am so interested in different things, especially Techie stuff, but, I don't know if I want to see that after reading your post Anna. I just don't know.:unsure: Still, I am a little curious about seeing him when he "Gets Down wit his Bad Self".;)o_O

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017

Anna

I do like reading other reviews as well when they come from other reliable sources. I have a few buddies who also write reviews and I enjoy reading them as well. but i spend enough time to know who is reliable and who isn't and i can spot people with a lack of knowledge pretty easily in their reviews. for someone who is new and searching they can't. for instance i seen one for a new RDA the person got sent for review. they didn't have any other RDAs to compare they had some old like 3 year old tank on their baseline. I've seen professional sites do juice reviews using a melo 300 as their atomizer despite the juice company sending a letter how the juice is best used in a dripper. I probably see it more because i look in those sections on forums since i post in them and often after posting a review I'll see what others did since i'm usually one of the later one's to post mine. either way the main thing for me is just the new people googling reviews and stumbling upon a bad one and not knowing, like the one saying the t-priv does TC with the baby beast in the kit, because I've seen people come to forums and ask why their baby beast isn't working in temp control.

Agreed to both. Deleted, and apologies (to Anthony and all) for the very poor manners. Guess I was having a bad day.

all good man. no need to apologize. your not the 1st to do it and won't be the last. i have whole groups of people who spends hours a day trolling me and trash talking me LMAO your comment was a drop in the bucket but i do appreciate the apology

Rip put out a Rap Video :rickroll: ??? No Way !! I am so interested in different things, especially Techie stuff, but, I don't know if I want to see that after reading your post Anna. I just don't know.:unsure: Still, I am a little curious about seeing him when he "Gets Down wit his Bad Self".;)o_O

yes he did, and yes it's worse then you probably think it is.

Well I guess this thread fits right in with Vic and drama :pervy:

I almost forgot what this thread was about o_O

LMAO and the cycle continues

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
So, as a MTL tank, this just isn't working for me. I'd rank this as the worst MTL in my collection after the Siren V1. That's just me.

That said, since it's so airy, going to clean it out and put some 3mg juice that I DTL with (enjoy that style, mixed in with my MTL, in the evenings as my "weird flavour" style...I only MTL tobaccos) and see how that works for me. Maybe I'll be surprised

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
So, as a MTL tank, this just isn't working for me. I'd rank this as the worst MTL in my collection after the Siren V1. That's just me.

That said, since it's so airy, going to clean it out and put some 3mg juice that I DTL with (enjoy that style, mixed in with my MTL, in the evenings as my "weird flavour" style...I only MTL tobaccos) and see how that works for me. Maybe I'll be surprised
I'm no MTL enthusiats but side by side the hastur is a much better MTL RTA then the area IMO so far. been using both for about 2 weeks now

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
I'm not sure how this is too loose for some people. I could suck my eyeballs into my head using the smallest single hole. Yikes, some of you must vape through vacuum lines.

Nope. Don't even come close to sucking in my eyeballs. lol

I've said it before, some have forgotten how tight a draw a cigarette is. And what the style of draw was like.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I think that at least some of your post is "right on" ShaneR. I think some have forgotten how tight a Cigarette Draw is, and I suspicion some don't know how tight it really is as they have never smoked, plus I also suspicion that some think that MTL is anything Not DL draws, Like Tony of "Vaper Trails", I could sense he was having troubles with the Ares as he is a DL vaper 100%, he even said as much, so he was doing a bit of reaching in trying to categorize the draw on the Ares. His review wasn't a bad review at all, he just doesn't know what a proper MTL draw is, that's all. No biggie for me though, as I could tell he was really working at it to try to get it right and not to mislead.:thumb: But his review didn't really help me much in knowing if the Ares draw is the right draw for me, so I'm not any further ahead after watching him.

I do know that I like the Berserker on the middle hole and the draw that that gives, and that the Siren V1 on half of the smallest hole is passable for me, but not Ideal. So that's where I am now.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Thanks for that Ruby review gnees. 5ml's ?? I thought it was marketed as 4ml's ?? Which is it ?? The smallest hole not small enough ?? Sounds like the air flow ring has some "Blow-By" like the majority of RTA's also do (not sealed tight enough). Disappointing to hear. Thanks again gnees. (she's lucky she didn't get leaking with her wicks that short though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread