Ares, new MTL RTA designed by Phil Busardo and Dimitirs Agrafiotis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
May i ask where did you make your purchase from.
It may help others if they decide to buy an ares tank.
I got it from MyFreedomSmokes.com, in Charlotte, NC. They're my favorite US supplier, and have stellar customer service. I usually buy from them when I don't want to wait a few weeks for items.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I considered buying this tank mostly because of the creators but I find endless comments here and on other forums about problems. That has kept me from giving it a try. I don't see so many posts about problems and defects with any other rta. It is possible that Innokin just did not do their homework with this one? That is a shame cause I have a high regard for Phil's reviews.

Might I suggest, that since this RTA has Phil's name on it, it will attract scrutiny many times over just about any other tank on the market, and people will expect it to be 100% Perfect in both Looks and Function. One of the complaints I have seen is about the Draw. I have watched Phils reviews where he stated that he likes a 2mm air hole for air intake on Siren type RTA's, otherwise if any tighter he considers it too tight a draw, so he designed the Ares to fit his preference. I have also seen where some folks think that the Ares RTA will automatically afford the Perfect draw that they are looking for, even if they are a Wide open Direct to Lung vaper, or a tight MTL vaper, and the Ares just does not have that kind of draw range, No RTA has that kind of range that I'm aware of. Finally, we are dealing with a RTA that is manufactured by, and in, China. We all know that QC is not as high on their list of priorities as it should be, and Customer Service from anyone other than Phil himself on the Ares is a crap shoot, but things are looking up nowadays as Customer Service/QC used to be None Existent concerning Chinese made vape gear, as AndreaD once said:

All atomizer taste like metal

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
My ares is growing on me more and more... I think it's my second favorite RTA at the moment. It hasn't given me a second of leaking, and it's been all over the place in my purse. Flavor is great and continues to improve. I'm glad I went ahead with this one and one of my favorite things about it IS the draw. Maybe me and Phil are on the same page. I do like that it can be fairly restrictive while still delivering great flavor.

Glad I got this one, I was hesitant after early reports, but my ares has been bulletproof but far more delicious than a bullet.

Also... rayon (you know I have to say it). It's surprisingly non-gunky too, I have to say. I'm still on my initial build and wick. I think the size may be helping that.

Anna

JUMA55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Waco, TX
I believe on the first shipments, there were tolerance issues on the filling grommet/top cap, but those have been fixed. I didn't order until they'd been out a while, and mine has been flawless. No leaks, condensation issues, not whistling, nothing. I'm looking at one right now, sitting on my desk, on a paper towel for 3 days on its side, and no leaks.
View attachment 722513
It's got great flavor, easy to build, easy to fill, comfortable to use. I found, sadly, that it isn't quite the best TH for my taste, but I still use it some. I think it "functions" better than any atty I've owned.

How did you remove the air diffuser? I cannot see on mine how it comes off. Thanks.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
My ares is growing on me more and more... I think it's my second favorite RTA at the moment. It hasn't given me a second of leaking, and it's been all over the place in my purse. Flavor is great and continues to improve. I'm glad I went ahead with this one and one of my favorite things about it IS the draw. Maybe me and Phil are on the same page. I do like that it can be fairly restrictive while still delivering great flavor.

Glad I got this one, I was hesitant after early reports, but my ares has been bulletproof but far more delicious than a bullet.

Also... rayon (you know I have to say it). It's surprisingly non-gunky too, I have to say. I'm still on my initial build and wick. I think the size may be helping that.

Anna
Anna, Have you tried the Zeus yet? I'm thinking of getting one to try next.

Molchi

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2017
Germany
Hey, i'm going to buy my first real RTA, and i'm unsure which i should get, the Siren 2 or the Ares? From the look i would prefer the Ares, but i'm scared that the draw might be too loose for me. Is the Ares really that much more airy as everyone tells, or is it just the ones which have the adressed Issues?

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I think that Vape industry should Label ALL atomizers with an additional informational warning (on front or back panel), such as;

This Atomizer has a Draw Classification rating of:

Mouth To Lung Cigarette Type Draw
or
Mouth To Lung Looser Type Draw
or
Direct To Lung Restricted Type Draw
or
Direct To Lung Open Type Draw

Just a thought, but sure would help ALL vapers in knowing what they might be getting, before they actually buy it :) . That would be nice, but will prolly NEVER happen. So much for my little "Thought Experiment".:(

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
I think that Vape industry should Label ALL atomizers with an additional informational warning (on front or back panel), such as;

This Atomizer has a Draw Classification rating of:

Mouth To Lung Cigarette Type Draw
or
Mouth To Lung Looser Type Draw
or
Direct To Lung Restricted Type Draw
or
Direct To Lung Open Type Draw

Just a thought, but sure would help ALL vapers in knowing what they might be getting, before they actually buy it :) . That would be nice, but will prolly NEVER happen. So much for my little "Thought Experiment".:(

While I understand the familiarity some people might have the cigarette draw, I've never smoked. Also how can a new vaper, coming from smoking, relate to DTL open draw?

I consider number a more suitable and less abstract way to relate to, similar to horse power in cars. Simply measure the volume of air through the atomiser under a certain suction pressure. Easier to standardise for all atomisers so that there is consistency across the board.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
While I understand the familiarity some people might have the cigarette draw, I've never smoked. Also how can a new vaper, coming from smoking, relate to DTL open draw?

I consider number a more suitable and less abstract way to relate to, similar to horse power in cars. Simply measure the volume of air through the atomiser under a certain suction pressure. Easier to standardise for all atomisers so that there is consistency across the board.
This post is a 4.2 :D

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I own both the ares and the Siren V2. I find the ares to be a slightly tighter draw than the Siren but I love them both. I would probably choose both over the berserker, and the ares (if you get a good one) is a great little flavorful RTA. I don't think you'd go wrong with either but the ares draw is tighter and doesn't drink quite as much juice.

Anna

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
Another concern has popped up for me...the black text on the chimney is coming off in my tank, and I'm not quite sure what that's made of. Would hate to inhaling whatever that is, though. I've probably only had about 3 tankfulls through it since I got it as I'm not much of a fan. But...

I may contact them to see about a replacement, I think they had a high number of bad ones in the first production run...as I said way back in this thread, it was also the dirtiest new tank I've every received. I don't use much, but it makes for a good "tester".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread